A video on the Brexit and why the UK should leave.

Do you want Britain to Leave? Or to Stay?

• Leave

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • Stay

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • I don't care...

Votes: 9 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not looking to start any debates or anything, just sharing my thoughts on the matter.

Personally, I'm elated that the British finally stood up and said 'no' to the communists attacking their way of life. I hope that in November, we too can prove that we're strong enough to fight the mad globalist dreams of tyranny.

I don't know where we went wrong (probably the 1990s), but somewhere along the way it became a crime to support sovereignty and freedom. Political correctness is the tool with which communists use to silence any opposition. Reagan would be rolling at his grave in the sight of it. I lost hope a while back, but I think I've just regained it in seeing the UK decide that enough is enough.

The crisis of the 2010s is what happens when you put a weak leader in office of the greatest country on Earth. The U.S., leader of the free world, needs to take that title back.

Regardless of your opinion on the world situation, you have to admit these are fascinating and frightening times.

mad globalist dreams of tyranny.
Personally, I'm elated that the British finally stood up and said 'no' to the communists attacking their way of life.
What? The EU is communist now? Mad globalist dream of tyranny?
52867380.jpg

What? The EU is communist now? Mad globalist dream of tyranny?

Yeah, i think people in the western Europe are just bored, over half a century of nothing but first world problems. The way populism is growing in Europe, maybe we are bound for another good shakeup.

That is what a small minorty is actually REALLY hoping for. Most of those populists and supporters probably don't want wars. But strange enough, there is a very small group inside those, the hardliners or extemists. And they exist on the left just as much on the right. And they seek the confrontation. You just have to look at some comments, where they ideolize the past, with the nationality and wars, the glorification of soldiers and military might and all that stuff. They picture themself in glorious unifors and great battles. The reality though ... I doubt those people would really like it. I mean who knows how many German soldiers realized the first time, what totall war really means when they got encircled in Stalingrad.

Europe should be able to hold its own. We can't at this point.
Well this is where we have to agree to disagree then, because I think we can. Or well we have so far. Mind you, I am not saying everything is perfect. A lot of branches are understaffed and some modernisation sure wouldn't hurt.
But more military isn't going to help us with the issues we are facing now in Europe, the real challanges of the future are rather on the political side, which is also shown by the numbers in the UK poll. A lot of old people voted against the EU, where as the majority of the young people are pro-eu.
The challanges of our time, are inequality, financial issues, social problems and populism and so on. What's more military going to do here? Nothing. What we need are reforms. And I don't see a war on the horizion, at least not in the near future.

If the US decides to become isolationist and non-interventionalist, we could be screwed.

Is it fair to overly rely on the US for our own protection?
Possible? I guess you have a point here, no one knows what might happen in the future. But, I would say that's really not the most likely situation. One where we would have to actually use military power to keep the US in check?

The US didn't mind way back when because of the Soviet threat. But that's gone now. Those simple days are over. We live in a far more complex world.
Well, as far as I can tell the world was always complex. Even back then. So I am not sure if it has really changed. The challanges are a different one, yes. But even with the arch enemy Sovietunion, it was a lot more complicated. Which is shown nicely by Germany, which for example gave est Germany millions in the form of a credit. And before that, Germany was even making trade negotiations with the Sovietunion.

Except you don't have any nukes.
The Brits do. The French do. The Americans do.
You don't.
And that would be a problem how? Making nukes in Germany would be really just a question of a few days or weeks. If the need would REALLY arrise. The fact that Britain and the French have them now, is more than enough. But like I said, if Germany would have really to fall back on nuclear weapons, they could get them. Rather easily. The technology and expertise is there. A large scale war is seriously no real threat for now. I am not saying I would know what the future holds. But as long we are not runing out of resources, a war like WW2 would be pretty much game over for everone. And if we ever get to that, we would be all fucked either way. What ever if we have a big kick ass army then or not, would not really change much here.

The biggest danger for Europe right now, comes from the inside, not the outside. As we have seen nicely with the Brexit and what damage populism has done to the EU ... and how much does military power help us here? Nada. Zilich. Nothing. But how much would have money in critical sectors do? Like healthcare, creating jobs, stability, education, research, in other words reforms? I would say a lot more than what ever if the UK or Germany is now owning 5 more submarines or a cariers or what ever ...

Like I said, I am not anti military. All I am saying. Not more than what we actually really need. As any weapon or gun that is to much, serves only the stocks of Krauss-Maffei-Wegmann GmbH & Co. KG, in other words making companies rich, not helping really the people.

Ironically, we've largely been trimming the muscle, not the fat.
We've been grossly underspending on personnel, training & logistics. Sure, we're spending money on new helicopters, new planes, new APCs, etc. But we barely train with them. We don't have strategical airlift capability to transport them. We have a military which is quickly ageing (top heavy, full of old farts).
Most EU armies get stretched thin when participating in peacekeeping and mentoring. This means that in case of war, they don't stand a friggin' chance.
Absolutely, here I agree with you. However, like I said earlier, what are we going to do anyway if a war starts? The German army was ALWAYS a joke. The last time they meant something was in WW2. But since then? Want to know one of the jokes the Germans say about their own Bundeswehr? It's there to keep the enemy bussy till the real army arrives. This alone should tell you everything you have to know.
If a real war would happen, like with Russia, China, or the US, Germany would be out. That simple. So we don't need a huge military. Because it would not change anything. But yes, I do agree with you, reforms are badly needed, a modernisation, and many other changes so we can actually react to the reality that we are facing right now, like peacekeeping operations and the like.

I understand why so many people like to see a strong and kick ass military. If nations would be like people, the military would be their penis. But we neglect the brain and heart right now. We can take care about the penis later, when the ... need for it becomes an actuall reality. Germany lost it's penis, and it didn't really killed us. But we are in real danger of loosing our Brain and sanity to the far right ... in all of Europe.

Last edited:
No matter what happens, God bless the British Isles. It doesn't look like there's going to be a 2nd Referendum after all though, so I guess they're staying out of the EU. Make of that what you will, I won't weigh in on things I don't fully understand.

Maybe, all of this was just some very strange and twisted comedy. Also known as British Humor? Has someone tried to see if Nigel isn't actually John Cleese with a mask made of rubber?

Anyway. Who knows? Maybe in the end this might actually turn out to be a good for the UK and the EU. It might force the EU to some serious reforms, transparancy and more politics aimed at the EU citiszens. Seriously, almost no one votes anything ... For the UK it might be good because people finally realize what happens when they vote with emotions and following populist politicans. While at the same time the other parties might realize that they have to do some politics for the people again.

Who knows?

>tfw butthurt remain voters aren't going to get to bypass democracy no matter how much they cry about it on the internet
They're bypassing democracy by suggesting a second referendum for an issue that split the nation? They're bypassing democracy by voting?

So keep voting on an issue until you get the result you want?

I agree, they should just let the popullist deal with their promises so all of this shit would end. If they revote to stay, there would be no end to this blaiming everyone else stuff.

How I'm sure many of the people who voted "Stay" feel about Nigel Farage's Britain:

Last edited:
But what will the fallout be from the Brexit decision?

There's already been reports of attacks and threats made against foreign looking individuals in the UK. UK travellers have had pounds rejected due to the tailspin in value drop in far away exotic nations like...USA.

Since the result was so close and many people are regretting their "leave" vote changed their minds, the democratic thing is to listen to the people.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-...n-after-historic-refendum-to-leave-eu/7543074
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...-who-wish-theyd-voted-to-remain-a3280361.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...ain-eu-referendum_uk_576d37f9e4b0d25711498bb5
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...AY-EU-one-admits-didn-t-think-vote-count.html
http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/24/peopl...leave-the-eu-heres-what-they-told-us-5965067/
There are plenty of these articles everywhere.

Others had no idea about what they were actually voting for, is democracy voting for something that you don't understand, and after you actually understand what you voted for you're not allowed to change your mind?
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/06/brexit-google-search-trends-tech/
Plenty of these articles found everywhere too.

There is also the thing about 16 and 17 years old not allowed to vote on something that will affect their life for the next 70 years or more, even though in the UK when you’re 16, you can leave home, pay taxes, get married, and even go to war - but you can’t vote.
http://www.independent.co.uk/studen...votes-at-16-remain-leave-europe-a7101736.html
Floods also affected people wanting to vote and some couldn't make it in time.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...sion-latest-weather-disruptions-a7098466.html

Also apparently most British people outside of the UK didn't got their votes counted or didn't even got the papers to vote on time. Democracy is to listen to all of the people.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...al-votes-demand-re-run-hundreds-a7103066.html
This referendum was a joke, I don't really care if the UK stays or leaves the EU, I live in Australia but I am from a EU country, but my country have been is such deep financial shit for so long, even before I was born, that to me it doesn't really matter one way or another to be honest :confused:.
But democracy should be fair and listen to its own people.
If "leave" would have won by around 80%, I wouldn't be posting this, but 48 to 52% (actually less, I rounded it up for the leave and down for the stay) and then all of these people who should have been allowed to have a say and didn't get any, just sounds stupid.
Well done UK, well done. :facepalm:

That guy opened his video by saying everyone was stereotyping Brexiters then went ahead and did the exact same thing for the other side, classy.

So keep voting on an issue until you get the result you want?
Let us say they would do a second one, more than 75% of the people would vote and more than 60% would want to remain in the EU.
People do mistakes. And people change their minds. Happens all the time. And it would still be democratic. This is after all not a normal situation. And people slowly realize that this whole referendum was an absolute and utter joke ... how many have voted out of protest, on something they hardly understand ... and now they realize the hard implications of it. It is also much easier to get people to vote AGAINST something than to vote FOR something, strange enough. So this is what you get when populists throw out their propaganda while governements remain more or less silent. Who knows if we have seen the full end to this story yet anyway?
And I think no one said that this second referendum has to happen tomorrow. It all now depends on the parliament anyway. As far as I can tell, no one can "force" the UK to trigger article 50. The prime minister has to do it. Hell, as far as i know there is no legal binding to this referendum anyway. If the parliament says, no we are not going to do it, well so be it. It would be a very problematic issue for the UK and future relationships with the EU. But they are not forced to act here. Particularly when you see how the opinion is changing again ... this whole thing is such a joke. It's unbelievable. So we have to wait and see what happens. I personaly expect the UK to leave now and to trigger article 50. But we simply don't know it for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back