Baldur's Gate III (or possibly Divinity: Original Sin III)

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Squadcar, May 30, 2019.

1. Hulk'O'Saurus

Hulk'O'Saurus Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 10, 2018
    Who hyped Larian so much... ?

2. Eshanas

Eshanas Mildly Dipped

Jul 6, 2016

I mean they are the Divine Divinity guys. AKA the only real good approximation of DnD in the last few years with PoE a contender for the title.

3. Hulk'O'Saurus

Hulk'O'Saurus Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 10, 2018
    Did you mean Divinity 2: Original Sin? I somehow can't see Divine Divinity as a DnD approximation. Maybe a Diablo one?...

Either way... what makes DnD good does not translate very well onto the PC. Obsidian's PoE tried to refurbish the system to better fit the platform, and I think they did a decent enough job, to be honest, although that game was trying to be Baldur's Gate ancestor(which, I believe, games shouldn't try at all.)

D2:OS, on the other hand, had a fantastic presentation and an extremely well done first Act. The rest, however, declined from there. That's it... the game had no competition. The ugly, one-legged hooker is the best when there's nothing else around.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  4. Risewild

Risewild Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker is way more D&D than all of those clumped together. :dance:

It's a pity it's not turn-based, but there is a mod for that anyway. :clap:

5. The Dopamine Cleric

The Dopamine Cleric No. Orderite

Nov 3, 2007
    Im mixed.

Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale are my favorite traditional fantasy settings ever, yet I hate playing D&D.

I can't stand it. Perhaps if it's more like Divinity, then we might go somewhere.

I love D&D in a tabletop setting. I do not like it when in combat on a PC.