Bethesda fans want MORE aliens - surprised or not?

I had always thought psykers was a riff of the psychic humans from the second or third, planet of the apes movie. It was a small reference, not unlike the leather jacket or the blade runner/.223 pistol.

Small, scattered amounts that are mostly randomized is ok. But as usual, Beth goes too far.

I see Psykers as extremely rare mutations, and of the type in which the individuals in question rarely retain their sanity (or perhaps die rather young), and that they are a genetic dead end.
The Master himself is an extreme rare mutation as well, one of a kind, and I doubt a similar mutant like him can be ever created again. (plus it should not be done in a Fallout game)

So yeah, no mutants with psychic powers, or humans for that matter. And least of all Player Characters because I already feel that complaint coming.
Bethtard "Weh! Why can't our character have mental powers that act like magic, allowing him/her/it (can't forget the a-sexual crowd) to throw fire balls, freeze people, and levitate things through thought alone."

Last edited:
I see Psykers as extremely rare mutations, and of the type in which the individuals in question rarely retain their sanity (or perhaps become very old), and that they are a genetic dead end.
The Master himself is an extreme rare mutation as well, one of a kind, and I doubt a similar mutant like him can be ever created again. (plus it should not be done in a Fallout game)

So yeah, no mutants with psychic powers, or humans for that matter. And least of all Player Characters because I already feel that complaint coming.
Bethtard "Weh! Why can't our character have mental powers that act like magic, allowing him/her/it (can't forget the a-sexual crowd) to throw fire balls, freeze people, and levitate things through thought alone."

Given Bethesda's love for Super Mutants it wouldn't surprise me if the story of a future title would contain another character similar to the Master. They've got no inspiration anyway.

I think one DLC for sure is the Memory Den, too much possibilities not to do. May also allow us to spend more time in the "peaceful" pre war setting.

Don't want anymore aliens. While Sea of Tranquility seems like a possibility, it would be just too much alien stuff.

Speaking about Lovercraftian influences, I loved it in Dunwich and Point Lookout. While Cabot House has something from Lovecraft it has more with this pseudo scientific ancient aliens theory, which doesn't fit the Fallout at all.

A memory den DLC would be great, if it wasn't made by Bethesda.

Well, as much as I liked Fallout 4 so far, I think story wise almost anything would be great if it wasn't made by Bethesda( and EA).

Lovecraft, Moon Base, and Underwater DLC. It's done. No need to speculate further - they're gonna decide to stick to Skyrim and have all current gen stuff with only 3 expansions as opposed to the old 4.

The side quests are all set up for the above 3 already anyways. Even if they had a fourth it would be to do with the Memory Den. But if you don't believe these are the only possibilities, just play the game and you'll see some side quests are just basically a teaser for DLC.

Out of interest, can I ask which quests are those? I don't believe I have encountered them yet, although I believe you prediction is right.

I would like a DLC centered about Moira Brown and the Tunnel Snakes. Since Moira is a ghoul now she would probably still be around somewhere. And maybe some of the Tunnelsnakes managed to escape Vault 101 and start a new somewhere just like The Khans.

Alright so, a DLC where you have to help Moira Brown write a guide of how to live your life as a ghoul + the Tunnel Snakes are threatening the wasteland and you have to finish them off.

Or this twist - help Moira Brown revert her ghoulishness and become a normal human again. More retcon!

I had always thought psykers was a riff of the psychic humans from the second or third, planet of the apes movie. It was a small reference, not unlike the leather jacket or the blade runner/.223 pistol.

Beneath, which is the second one (and also the second worst.) It's not a terrible offense, but it's the sort of thing that's better the less emphasized it is.

Definitive Planet of the Apes power rankings: Rise, Dawn, Escape, Conquest, 1968, TV series, Animated TV series, 2001, Beneath, Battle.

One thing I've noticed about people who don't like F4 is that they don't like Mama Murphy's psychic powers, yet no one (that I've seen) complains about The Forecaster or Hakunin.

One thing I've noticed about people who don't like F4 is that they don't like Mama Murphy's psychic powers, yet no one (that I've seen) complains about The Forecaster or Hakunin.
A major part of that has to do with the fact that you can basically tell Hakunin that he's a creepy idiot using dialogue choices. You can tell him off and call him out for being crazy if you want, or you can go along with it.

Now in Fallout 4 I am saddled with some old lady on jet who has "The Sight" and the most I can do is agree to get her more Jet. There might be a line to call her crazy (I do not recall) but it is probably just labeled "Crazy" on the dialogue wheel which is not at all comparable. I find her character cringe-worthy, whereas the tribal shaman of Hakunin was less so and fit the world he was in better.

Last edited:
Ben , I have been here a LONG time, before the change/site move even.

Trust me, I, among plenty others, thought F2 had lots of whacky shit and disagreed with it.

However, since it was still in somewhat spirit of the prequel, it was accepted as an inevitable result of dev team changes and more micro-management from the top, since the prequel was a surprise hit.

Last edited:
What I hate about mama Murphy is that she is an essential character that you are forced to help to proceed despite doing absolutely nothing useful in the game.

What I hate about mama Murphy is that she is an essential character that you are forced to help to proceed despite doing absolutely nothing useful in the game.

And her bullshit stories about taking on Deathclaws barely armed when she was young.
Bethesda wanted to make her a kickass grandma or something?

Cause lovecraft is all the rage.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and believe that Bethesda's target demographic for Fallout 4 doesn't know who or what a Lovecraft is and wouldn't even get any reference to that in the first place. The game was written for the lowest common denominator, and the dialogue wheel was made because their target audience is allergic to reading in the first place.

The lowest common denominator deosn't read Lovecraft (or books for that matter) but EVERYONE has heard of him and C'thulhu. Everyone on reddit seems to be under the impression that C'thulhu is something you could fight.

What was even the point of giving those clowns in Concord names? They have no stories, when I try to talk to Sturges he either loops one of his generic lines or just tells me he is busy with no dialogue choices, Marcy Long and her Husband just give me the option to give them weapons and that's it.... why are they essential?

What was even the point of giving those clowns in Concord names? They have no stories, when I try to talk to Sturges he either loops one of his generic lines or just tells me he is busy with no dialogue choices, Marcy Long and her Husband just give me the option to give them weapons and that's it.... why are they essential?

They same can be said for 80 percent of named characters.

But other named characters aren't immortal. I mean, yo ucan kill elder Mckelmore on his Blimp and he actually has a role on the story. But if you try to shoot down Sturges, the Longs and Mama Murphy they just go unconcious...

True, true. I imagine it's because if you killed them during the initial quest (When Freedom Calls? I must say, in addition to the quests being really boring, the quest names in this game are really boring) Preston would go hostile, and we can't have that. Bethesda just didn't bother to take the tag off afterwards.

But other named characters aren't immortal. I mean, yo ucan kill elder Mckelmore on his Blimp and he actually has a role on the story. But if you try to shoot down Sturges, the Longs and Mama Murphy they just go unconcious...
This makes sense in a very amusing way - they cared more for the repetitive MMORPG grind quests than the main quests so they made those NPCs immortal. LOL.

Not actually their reasoning probably, but it is in line with the values of the game.

Back