Creation Kit and Bethesda.net mods are out

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Kilus, Apr 26, 2016.

1. MercenarySnake

MercenarySnake Kept you waiting huh?

Aug 22, 2015
    Wow sorry for being away for a bit, just taking a break from the Fallout 4 business. So what did I mis--

image.gif

• [Like] [Like] x 9
  2. DirtyOldShoe

DirtyOldShoe Some kind of lucky

Dec 15, 2015
    I agree with this. As someone who has modded from Morrowind to Skyrim and to be presented with the hot mess of Fallout 4, the best way for me to express modding it, it is overwhelming.
    Every title had a loads of issues, but I could overlook a lot of them and still mod. Fallout 4 fundamentally is built on a vapid foundation and hard-coded with garbage. There is just too many "big things" that need fixing. Any small mod idea is overshadowed with the bigger issues, issues that should not be present. And I think my hacking days are over unfortunately, for all their games. I like modding(hacking), but I don't want to be a gear in the machine that makes their games playable.
    I guess you could say I don't give a F4CK

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  3. Polynoid

Polynoid Faceless creature in green pullover

Apr 13, 2016
    So, is it possible to have a Creation Kit without mandatory installer software?
    Or is it verboten.png ?

4. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Modders will fix it ... I guess ...

5. 0wing

0wing Все умрут, а я волномут

Mar 23, 2015
    Modders will fix... Creation Kit. Pathetic but nothing new.

6. raynor009

raynor009 Yeehaw!?!

Apr 29, 2012
    Yeah, if you someone gives you the CK files. Only then you can't get updates :/. I really wish this was on steam like it did for NV and Skyrim. But it isn't worth using right now because it's missing features. You can't even create scripts in it yet.... or find them for that matter..........................................

And everything is so damn backwards. Like for example those green borders that appear when you enter in build mode, they are actually models and you can't create customs ones in the CK. So you need to make them yourself in a separate program or just use the ones bethesda made. But the thing is that those borders are not the ones that define the build area, they are just visual indicators of what could be the build area. To define the building area you need to add additional stuff and then link them to the workbench back and forth and its a fucking mess if you have to add more then a few. Just look at a settlement made by the devs. There's so much crap in it that it barely makes sense if you want to learn anything.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    • [Like] [Like] x 7
  7. Radiosity

Radiosity Writiosity

Sep 9, 2015
    Ugh, that sounds goddamn awful, especially having to create a mesh for that building area line. Not that I expected much else, Beth's way too lazy to implement something like that in-engine. And no scripts? Wow. Just... yeah, wow. Great job, Beth.

8. 0wing

0wing Все умрут, а я волномут

Mar 23, 2015
    Having a simple mesh making built-in tool is still a pipe-dream, yeah.
    Well, someone in the past was shouting too loud and that's it, now scripting is done in a separate program.

9. MercenarySnake

MercenarySnake Kept you waiting huh?

Aug 22, 2015
    Well if there's one gaming company that knows how to take one step forward and five steps back, it's Bethesda.

• [Like] [Like] x 7
  10. Shardik

Shardik Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 5, 2015
    Console mods won't be able to use script extenders, therefore there's no point in putting script-making or editing capabilities in the CK.

I'm guessing that's the thinking behind this, anyway.

11. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Yeah, screw PC gamers, who cares about them anyway, right?

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  12. eissa

eissa Artanis "Altáriel" Nerwen Nos Finwe

Jan 7, 2016
    #Mod Piracy

#Mod Kit Piracy

13. Shardik

Nov 5, 2015
    I'm just about convinced that's Bethesda's attitude toward us these days.

14. Polynoid

Polynoid Faceless creature in green pullover

Apr 13, 2016
    Have you ever waited months for a RPF archive being decrypted via soundcard driver script hook, just to wait even more to wait until people realise how to view YFT file and then wait for someone to write a plugin to edit and import this YFT into the game?
    Because this is what it takes to get a car mod in GTA 5.
    I'm not even talking about the Long Wait for PC version of GTA V, postponing and doubting the existance of PC release.

Bethesda looks really benevolent to PC players, compared to Rockstar.

15. Shardik

Nov 5, 2015
    Compared to what you describe, yes they do. Compared to the way Bethesda handled mods (and mod makers) in previous releases, not so much.

And will we be able to even say that six months down the road? Judging from what I've seen from Bethesda since the hype for Fallout 4 really kicked into warp speed, I have serious doubts.

16. Black Angel

Black Angel Grand Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus

Mar 21, 2016
    Uh..... mate, I've been watching how you responded to any discussion regarding Bethesda and the modding community. I'm not sure if you love GTA and mods, or if you just love mods, but bringing up Rockstar to a discussion about Bethesda and mods is.....I'm not sure if it's relevant. I'm not trying to justify Rockstar or anything, but the way Bethesda are going with the modding scene should really put you on alert. Especially the way Bethesda designed Fallout 4, it's clear that they wanted to go down the 'GIMME MORE MONEY!!' route. I'm not really informed on what Rockstar have done to GTA modding community, but what they did doesn't mean you can just justify what Bethesda are doing with their modding community. Two wrongs don't make a right, mate. And this site are also mostly about Fallout franchise and how its' developers (like Bethesda and Obsidian) handle it, so if you want to make a GTA mods-Rockstar discussion it'd be better that you make a thread for that (I'm not sure if you already did).

Now, on-topic:
    I'm basically new to the whole modding games and stuff. My first ever modded game were Fallout 3, which was my first Fallout game I've played in mid-2015. Looking at this discussion...... I'm not sure how to react. I haven't played Fallout 4, so I can't talk much about it, let alone the modding related to it.
    One thing I'm sure to say, is that modders should stop giving Bethesda an excuse to release an unfinished game, and giving them an excuse of going down the road where they have shown us that they aren't interested in making a proper RPG, that modders has to make a gameplay overhaul mods. The way Bethesda are going now is a somewhat clear signal for modders to just stop for a second and think about whether or not they would want to mod Fallout 4.

17. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Not using the GECK for mods is hacking? How is this guy still employed? Is he Todd Howard's buddy or brother in law?

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  18. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    Lover? Todd seems like he'd be a cheater. I mean he lies enough.

19. DirtyOldShoe

DirtyOldShoe Some kind of lucky

Dec 15, 2015
    He did apologize, but it means little to me as he was probably scolded into doing it. They need to can his ass.

20. a721402

a721402 Played FPS for decades still suck at it.

Mar 29, 2016
    Is only provided tool to let modders to fix their game they supposed to fix it themselves and without paying those modders for their work count as "Benevolent to PC players"?