Every time again ... E3 rant topic.

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Crni Vuk, Jun 11, 2017.

1. AgentBJ09

AgentBJ09 Vault Dweller

Jul 9, 2015
    If there's a digital trail back to these types, which I've shown, why shouldn't we be blaming them? They chose to start something with this.

Anyway, no word on what the Alternate Story for BOTW is, but my educated guess is it has everything to do with Zelda. She had a major role with Link in the game before he went into stasis, and her voice guides and warns Link a lot in-game.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  2. BigGuyCIA

BigGuyCIA Yer fond of me Lobster!

Oct 26, 2016
    We need some more Mipha; Zelda can take the backseat.

3. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Metroid on the 3DS and Metroid on the Switch, along with the confirmation of a core Pokemon RPG being worked on for the switch. Damn Nintendo, you got me now. Fuck, gotta fork out that munies for the fucking switch. Didn't want to, I just bought a New 3DS too.
    I guess my second Trip to Japan is gonna have to wait a bit longer...

4. AgentBJ09

AgentBJ09 Vault Dweller

Jul 9, 2015
    She was cool as a character, and kinda hot to boot. (So far, her Guardian Beast is the only one I've saved.)

5. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Resident crazy lady

Jun 15, 2015
    I think I know how the game is going to go. Late in it will be reveled that the commies are bad guys who betray you and the rebels and were only using you to take control of America once you driven out the Nazi's. If so then that is going to piss Antifa off leaving both sides of the vocal radical spectrum pissed off. Don't you just love how everything has to be a controversy now. 7 years ago you wouldn't have had this crap. How times have changed.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    • [Like] [Like] x 3
  6. AgentBJ09

AgentBJ09 Vault Dweller

Jul 9, 2015
    Yeah they have, and it just shows how unhinged part of the industry is.

Would make sense though, and MachineGames did a good job with the drama in the first game. Of course, if BJ can survive the detonation of a nuke, it'll take a LOT more than a betrayal by his side to bring him down, or successfully steal what he took back.

7. MercenarySnake

MercenarySnake Kept you waiting huh?

Aug 22, 2015
    I had a problem with the black chick cause they made her pretty flamboyant with the big ass afro and acting all obnoxious with her calling BJ "white boi" instead of saying something like "Just what the hell are you doing here?". To me it just looks like she might be some shitty two dimensional character. Reminds me of the PeeBee bullshit where she was defined by being "goofy". Also I'm not an alt-righter but if you don't like someone that doesn't think like you label them a "monster". :lol: Does look like a game that Antifa will enjoy though.

Anyways it looks like it's not going to be anything special and it looks like the chick with the broken jaw from the last game is back in. That one point in the trailer where she's kneeling at the player holding a couple people looks like yet again another choice of who to sacrifice. Didn't care for the last one and this one looks like it'll be more of the same.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  8. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    I remember you also making snide comments about Billy Lurk and every black character that appeared in other trailer.

9. MercenarySnake

Aug 22, 2015
    Yeah cause for one they made Billy Lurk look ugly(looks like intentionally) and cause I know how Harvey Smith just wants to be progressive as it's no secret. Besides I don't remember seeing any black people in TNO but then I haven't played that game in a long while and is quite forgettable anyways but now three of them just happen to show up in the new trailer? Makes ya wonder how there are only around three and how they got there.

10. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Characters looking ugly intentionally in Dishonored? GASP it's almost as if you cracked the art direction of the first game. Kinda funny the black characters are the only thing that prompted snide from you. Also, Wolfenstein New Collosus takes place in the 60's so big Afros are like an iconic fashion statement in black culture from that era...

11. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Sounds a lot like what the developers originally wanted for Bioschock : Infinite, at least kinda from the story, where they had communist like rebells fighting the conservativeright-villains showing bad sites on both fronts. - Which I guess would have been also a much more interesting game.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  12. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Were the "Vox Populi" supposed to be any political view? To me it seems like they were just plot devices with not much actual characterization or humanization in any form, they change so often at the drop of a hat from just hapless victims to brutal anarchists that I never got any kind of philosophy from them. Kinda ironic the game about slavery uses the black slaves as props.

13. eissa

eissa Altáriel, Lady of Radiant Garland

Jan 7, 2016
    The first game were set in the heartland of nazi empire...

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  14. aenemic

aenemic Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Jun 4, 2008
    There are two in TNO, from what I can recall. One of them only appears in one of the time-lines, though. But that game was set in Poland, Germany and England (and the moon). I'm pretty sure there was a much larger black population in America, where the new game takes place.

15. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Ok so Nintendo Treehouse has ended for today. We got a lot of games out of this one, altho nothing new on Ultra Sun/moon, I was sure they only showed a teaser last tuesday to make way for a bigger segment on the E3. Oh well.

16. AgentBJ09

AgentBJ09 Vault Dweller

Jul 9, 2015
    I have to agree on both counts. The portrayal of that black chick was an eye-roll moment, and doesn't mesh with the alternate timeline we're told The New Order/Colossus exists in.

As for Dishonored II, it didn't grab me and I saw no reason to play beyond the first two missions, even when I was using Emily and had her powers. (I started with a stealth-pure Corvo and quickly realized the game was not as well designed for that kind if playstyle, despite the option being given to you early on.)

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  17. Chromevod

Chromevod Nope.

May 25, 2011
    There was J.

18. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    The models on the MvCI game ard terrible. Aren't fighting games supposed to have good character models?

19. MercenarySnake

Aug 22, 2015
    Virtue signaling I see. The black chick is totally not some token black woman as well as the "loud" black man but hey whatever floats your boat. The other black man playing the instrument as well as helping with the robot I really didn't have much of a problem with as he wasn't trying to stick out like a sore thumb. I prefer well written characters to poor excuses for characters based on the color of their skin, whether they're trans, etc but you need to have a reason to get at me. :lol: Also no not everyone in Dishonored is ugly but a lot of them happen to be but again you need to be snarky.
    Besides you're the one getting all triggered and butthurt over nonsense in the first place.

I haven't played it in a long while but I didn't have a problem with him cause atleast he served a purpose like everyone else.

20. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Guys, can we just get back to hating Bethesda?

• [Like] [Like] x 3