Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.2 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
insanepipe said:
Hmm, quick question. Where would you get the armor for Marcus? EPA?

Wrong mod I think... Marcus armor is in the Vault 14 ,mod which is include in the MegaMog :o , I don't remember Marcus special armor in the Restoration Project...
Sorry.

Touquet said:
insanepipe said:
Hmm, quick question. Where would you get the armor for Marcus? EPA?

Wrong mod I think... Marcus armor is in the Vault 14 ,mod which is include in the MegaMog :o , I don't remember Marcus special armor in the Restoration Project...
Sorry.
Actually if you are playing with the NPC Armor mod installed with RP 1.2 them just try giving Marcus any armor and he should change if I understand the mod correctly.

Glovz said:
Actually if you are playing with the NPC Armor mod installed with RP 1.2 them just try giving Marcus any armor and he should change if I understand the mod correctly.

Wow! I did not know they include Marcus in that mod ...
I ask Josan12 about it with the NPC Armor mod.

edit:
so :
Josan12 said:
Sure is - we just used the lieutenant from FO1.
Josan

I made a post in the last thread about being unable to complete the Den quests involving Lara's gang, but after applying patch 1.2 and loading up my save right before the fight, everything works perfectly. Thanks for addressing this! (even though my post was much too late for me to think I had something to do with reporting the problem :P )

Hi killap! Thx for the 1.2 christmas :D I send you this stuff (fire gecko pelt and abbey desk) a while back and got no feedback. So I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in these frms since the desk in abbey is still the bloody one and the old pelts are a bit weird, imho. I luv the bear

DLL: http://www.uploading.com/files/BYB1CXMF/isfets_pelt_n_desk.rar.html

EDIT: oops! wrong thread. sorry itll never happen again :oops:

Yikes, this page is growing!

Phelanpatrick said:
I'm leaving the den at this point and no bugs encountered so far. One question though.

does the diplomatic way of dealing with kaga mean he dies (skill check i guess) on the second encounter?

I got kaga on the second encounter but I got distracted and wasn't able to see the floating text they say to one another but at the end got a message saying something about movies then he died from receiving 7000+ damage.
Heheh. There are two diplomatic ways to deal with Kaga. You got yours because of either fairly high speech or because of high luck. It is more of a joke ending to Kaga. The movie reference was the joke - ie you had to see the movie to understand what just happened. The other way is based on a reasonable speech level (obviously one of a diplomatic character) and is the real peaceful ending to Kaga.

Skynet said:
Killap, you still haven't included the EPA warehouse map fixes that I reported way back in beta testing, but it's ok.
Really? I saw your post and thought I went through it. Can you tell me what is left?

Skynet said:
Code:
Robots that are destroyed at the SAD are now replaced - only on the Repair Level. 
 -It is possible to prevent the robots from being replaced.

Is the bot repair ability also included or just the replace ability?
Just the replace. I decided not to do the repair.

isfet said:
Hi killap! Thx for the 1.2 christmas :D I send you this stuff (fire gecko pelt and abbey desk) a while back and got no feedback. So I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in these frms since the desk in abbey is still the bloody one and the old pelts are a bit weird, imho. I luv the bear
Wait a minute...I thought I replaced the table. I'm going to double check...though I might not have included the map file.

Jordan said:
Hello killap.

It is the excellent project!

More translations will hopefully follow in the future.

Whether there will be a Russian version?
A Russian version would be nice. There was going to be a German version, but the translators went AWOL on me. In theory I should be fluent/fairly fluent in German so I could aid in translating to German.

encinodude said:
I wanted to install the RP for the longest time, but the buglist scared me. Killap, I noticed you did away with all the unconfirmed bugs in the list, some of which were considerably threatening. Are you absolutely sure those bugs are no longer in the latest release? Hell, even if you aren't I just might install it anyway.
Most of those unconfirmed bugs were not reproducible by me whatsoever. In addition, they seemed too odd and either the game was corrupted in some way or the engine was breaking down for the user. The only bug that I am remotely concerned about was the car trunk bug. This was the only unconfirmed bug which became confirmed by several users. I could never reproduce it myself, so perhaps it is gone...or never really was there..

tomten said:
killap said:
I have since updated the F2RP wiki page to reflect the update. I have decided to remove bugs [...] I have left a few bugs in place since some are still applicable.
The wiki has built-in page history. I think the current way is good. I think we should remove all references to pre-v1.2, unless it's relevant to people who have never seen F2RP before (who are, after all, the primary target group of that page)
I agree with tomten, killap. In fact, I was going to suggest your reviewing and deleting squashed bugs from the wiki after releasing RP 1.2, but it seems you've beat me to it.

Anyway, thanks for another fine release, killap. We all owe you one. Just like Klaus Voormann is considered the 'Fifth Beatle', I'm sure you'll be credited as the final developer on FO2's dev team.

Omegawolf said:
Well, I found a minor bug with the brahmin rustling quest, but nothing that prevents it from being completed.

--SPOILER!!!--

I checked the brahmin and then confronted the Duntons, and when I talked to what's-her-name about it, I told her about the bug parts. She said she would deal with those two right away, instead of asking for more proof as she did in 1.1, though I'm not sure if this actually ended the quest. My next option was "Actually, I checked the brands..." and she replied with a different line, but basically saying again that she'd take care of them.

--END SPOILER--

Anyways, the quest is completed and I got the exp for it, though I'm not sure at what point.

Edit: Come to think of it, I didn't think to check to see if I got the exp twice, but I think I got it only once.
Is there any chance I can get you to try and reproduce this? Quickly looking over the script, I don't see any problems. I will try and play through it right now to see if I have a similar problem.

-->EDIT:
That is odd indeed. I just tested in game, and I see what you mean. The problem is line 420 from the msg file is not being displayed correctly. There are actually two line 420s, but one is commented out. For some reason, the game chose to use the commented out line. Just remove the commented out line (#420) from kcardin.msg and the problem is gone. This wasn't present in 1.1 since for 1.2 I had renumbered some dialogue lines. Very odd that this happened though, but now that I think about it, I remember something like this happening to me before. It is just an incorrect line being displayed though. The quest is just fine and no extra xp or anything is awarded.

isfet said:
Just checked and the non bloody table is indeed there. Are you looking at an old map?

I'm running the RP with the NPC Armor Mod, and it's slow as hell. I mean, it takes a couple of seconds to load the shot targeting screen? Anyone else noticed this bug?

Timeslip said:
Rapier_21 said:
Doubtful, then. I only have a vague sort of understanding as to how mac .app's work; even so I may try to get with Timeslip and see if I can't work out how it works with him.
wine works on mac os. Assuming that the data files in the mac version are the same as the windows version, you should be able to run the RP installer with wine, which will then install a copy of the windows exe, and then run that exe with wine.

No idea how well that will work. I don't have a mac around to test on...
The data is the same, but everything's packaged into critter.dat, master.dat, and patch000.dat . Each user has a data folder containing 'maps', 'proto', and the savegame folder; I don't know if putting locked files in there will override the main data files or not.

All the executable code is in a single file. I'm not sure how difficult it will be to hack. It seems to be bug-for-bug compatible with the Windows version, so knowing how the city limit was implemented (and bypassed) there would be helpful.

Killap, where can I find a list of mods you've packaged in your latest installer? I've checked the RP documentation, but couldn't find anything relevant. I'd like to include a list in the FO Mod Wiki's RP 1.2 section. Thanks.

- WARNING, POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW -

Killap, have you changed anything in the Den related to Becky's quest about fetching the book Derek (or whatever his name) has borrowed? I accepted the quest, but Derek was nowhere to be found in the eastern parts. The book, however, was in the outhouse in the NW part of the map right away :?

Seems like a pretty weird bug to me, but I don't know if it is reproducible by others (or myself, for that matter). I am running RP 1.2 (with the "single-core" option turned off in sfall) + the hi-res patch @ 1024x768; Win XP SP3.

I will go check to see if I managed to save right before accepting the quest, in case it's reproducible or so...

Slowhand said:
Killap, where can I find a list of mods you've packaged in your latest installer? I've checked the RP documentation, but couldn't find anything relevant. I'd like to include a list in the FO Mod Wiki's RP 1.2 section. Thanks.
1.2 includes the following extras:

-Missing children frms (for non English versions only)
-14mm\.223 pistol sounds from Fallout 1
-Party member change appearance with armor (new version with unique armor for sulik, vic, cassidy, marcus, dogmeat)
Dogmeat and Marcus armor are installed separately and don't have to be installed with the npc armor mod.
-AP ammo damage fix (by Glovz)
-Improved Mysterious Stranger (by Corpse)
-Quick Goris derobing (by ART)
-Talking head for Cassidy (from Mutant Rising)
-Remove random element from party member leveling

I did not include documentation on this in the 1.2 release. One can see this listing by just running the installer. Do note, these extras are only found in the installer and not included in the manual install.

Bofast said:
- WARNING, POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW -

Killap, have you changed anything in the Den related to Becky's quest about fetching the book Derek (or whatever his name) has borrowed? I accepted the quest, but Derek was nowhere to be found in the eastern parts. The book, however, was in the outhouse in the NW part of the map right away :?

Seems like a pretty weird bug to me, but I don't know if it is reproducible by others (or myself, for that matter). I am running RP 1.2 (with the "single-core" option turned off in sfall) + the hi-res patch @ 1024x768; Win XP SP3.

I will go check to see if I managed to save right before accepting the quest, in case it's reproducible or so...
The book is placed on the map as soon as you first enter it. You don't have to talk to Derek to find it. As for him missing, I am sure he is around somewhere. I did not alter anything here.

killap said:
The book is placed on the map as soon as you first enter it. You don't have to talk to Derek to find it. As for him missing, I am sure he is around somewhere. I did not alter anything here.

Oh, okay. Nice to know it was supposed to happen, though I've never before seen the book without having spoken to him (or experienced him never being around the barrels down SE). I suppose you can delete the e-mail I sent you with the savegame, then :)

Bofast said:
killap said:

Oh, okay. Nice to know it was supposed to happen, though I've never before seen the book without having spoken to him (or experienced him never being around the barrels down SE). I suppose you can delete the e-mail I sent you with the savegame, then :)
He does wander a bit. Sometimes all the way to the Church as well as up along the northeastern side of Mom's diner. Thanks for reporting though and post again if you come across anything else out of place.

Hey. What's been changed on the graphics or engine side compared to the 1.1 mod? I was running 1.1 no trouble, but now I had a look and it appears to not just be very slow under 1.2, but take up 99% of my processor speed on a AMD 2800+ O_0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back