Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.2 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
killap said:
I appreciate the kind words everyone. Don't worry, not matter what anyone says, I keep chugging.
And most of us are very grateful for this and eagerly awaiting v1.3's release - it's going to be awesome! :)

fortyseven said:
Yeah lets make this discussion more positive again! On that note, Killap, could you maybe show us a screenshot of an example of the graphical improvements and map changes you outlined earlier? I'm dying to get a flavour of what they might look like!

Yeah, I would like to see that too.

I mean, I wouldn't mind waiting for the thing to finish and see for myself, but i wouldn't exactly complain about seeing a comparison picture :)

I didnt say I wasn't appreciated. I am very appreciated he's doing this. Glad to see everyone takes things out of concept and goes apeshit over it.. been waiting for these patches for almost 12 years, and yeah damn glad someones doing them. So sorry, that im the only one that gets antsy in anticpation.

Mogymog said:
I didnt say I wasn't appreciated. I am very appreciated he's doing this. Glad to see everyone takes things out of concept and goes apeshit over it.. been waiting for these patches for almost 12 years, and yeah damn glad someones doing them. So sorry, that im the only one that gets antsy in anticpation.
I understand your restlessness. I've promised 1.3 for quite a while now and keep pushing back the deadline. You have to understand that I mod Fallout in my free time (for the past 4 or so years now) and I do it for fun. This means that if I don't feel like working on it, I won't. Don't worry though, I promise to deliver.

killap, you continue to amaze. The work with Fallout 2 is awesome, and even impatient fanboys/morons don't seem to faze you. ^5, sir.

:clap:

P.S. Eagerly awaiting 1.3; it's my primary motivation to check NMA now, lol.

DGT said:
killap, you continue to amaze. The work with Fallout 2 is awesome, and even impatient fanboys/morons don't seem to faze you. ^5, sir.

I feel exactly same; I log in NMA, check the "Fallout General Modding", I say "damn, still no RP 1.3, and usually go play 1.2. Keep up the good work, Killap! :clap:

Mogymog said:

Nobody took anything out of context. You got the appropriate response for the way you phrased your words. You sounded snide and demanding, and while it might've satisfied your need to vent I don't see how it would've encouraged any modder more than it would've pissed him off. As a result, everyone loses. But enough with the derail.

Hi,

I don't post here very often, but just check into NMA every once in a while and check what's new.

I generally play through Fallout and Fallout 2 once a year or so. I love returning to the Fallout world every once in a while and I never played with any mods (except for the unofficial patches) until I tried with RP 1.2. And I have to say it's fantastic work and it's amazing to see the interest in a 10+ year-old game.

Just wanted to say thanks to Killap and all others involved and take your time with 1.3. Believe me when I say that I know how much time hobby projects can consume (I'm involved in a big hobby project in the racing simulation community). There are times when you just can't keep up the effort with a full-time job or studies involved and it's impossible to force yourself to keep going unless you can really commit to it. But when you are working on it with motivation and passion things just seem to go naturally.

I for one can wait until you're ready to finish work on 1.3 and I'm sure in the end it will only help when you take your time and work on it with dedication.

So a big thanks for working on an old game that so many people still love to play, and I'm looking forward to 1.3. By that time I'll play through the Fallout games again :)

Best regards,
Edward.

DGT said:

shut up, impatience is good here

Hi guys,
I installed Fallout 1 sounds as an optional feature for RP 1.2
Now I'd like to revert to original Fallout 2 weapon sounds. I dont like this loud sounds for magnum, 14 mm and 223.
Which files should I remove, replace, etc ?

It's sounds like from all you have left to do that 1.3 won't be released any time in the near future. Do you have any plans to allow other people to help you out more with this project considering it's been delayed for a year now?

Blowfish64 said:
It's sounds like from all you have left to do that 1.3 won't be released any time in the near future. Do you have any plans to allow other people to help you out more with this project considering it's been delayed for a year now?
Other people are already helping. There is a lot on the table but at the same time much is already done. I've already decided that the Shi Sub will not be part of 1.3 (it's just not feasible) so don't worry about that delaying things. The rest is coming along nicely.

Sorkvild said:
Hi guys,
I installed Fallout 1 sounds as an optional feature for RP 1.2
Now I'd like to revert to original Fallout 2 weapon sounds. I dont like this loud sounds for magnum, 14 mm and 223.
Which files should I remove, replace, etc ?

Go to data\sound\SFX and remove the following files:

SNDLIST.LST
WAE1XXX1.ACM
WAE1XXX2.ACM

Hi Killap,

dunno if it was mentioned earlyer, but caught stealing from new npc-s doesn't make them hostile. I've collected 4 spears and stole the last one from the questgiver itself. He caught me stealing 8-9 times before I could do it, but he didn't attacked me.

The same problem with new random encounters.

It takes away the excitement of stealing from someone, after an hour of play without saving the game.

Thanks for the mod!

csirifiszkio said:
dunno if it was mentioned earlyer, but caught stealing from new npc-s doesn't make them hostile. I've collected 4 spears and stole the last one from the questgiver itself. He caught me stealing 8-9 times before I could do it, but he didn't attacked me.

The same problem with new random encounters.

I remember that glitch from the time I played RP 1.2, and I'm sure Killap will correct it for 1.3 if hadn't already.

Currently I'm playing Cashout on PS3 but when I'm done I should get back to my long-awaiting saves in 1.2 and report all the tiny buggies I can find again (I have done most of the quests by now though).

Okay, so i`ll just tell my story: I went to http://timeslip.chorrol.com/sfall.html and downloaded the "traits" mod. It says in one of the readme that this mod is compatible with any other mods, as long as they don't use conflicting sfall functions. Do RP use "conflicting sftall functions"? Then I open character screen - game crashes. So, "trait" mod requeres sfall, so I copied "draw.dll" and "draw" files to my f2 folder from downloaded sfall folder - and then game crashes at a first loading screen: "error loading the cities" or something like that. Sorry, if this is the wrong thread or if I am a newb :D. Is there anything I did wrong?

MaToX said:
Is there anything I did wrong?
Yes. You overwrote the RP's modified ddraw.ini with a vanilla copy. If you look back in this thread there's a list of the options you need to chage back somewhere.

The crash is due to you turning the cities patch off, but there are others too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back