Fallout 4 announced with official trailer

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Sander, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt I should set a custom tit

Oct 28, 2008

'Nuff said.

Also, I remember the excitement about FO3. We all know how that went alright.

Fair enough - we have awesome stuff like Divinity OS, PoE, a new expansion for Shadowrun coming up etc. etc. But not really anything in the same veign as FO that scratched that kind of itch (sadly, Wasteland 2 didn't do it for me).

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  2. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Dedman oTO Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    I just want to know if my damn computer will run it.

3. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Nov 26, 2007
    Nothing wrong with fully voiced dialog... but the first problem comes when a studio trims down the dialog because they will have to fully voice it. The second problem comes when a change has to happen ~for some reason. Suddenly they need new voice recordings, and they have to pay for new session of patch dialogs. This would be a quick edit if it were text; and it goes both ways... The developer could have invented an entirely new (and possibly better) way for a scenario to play out, or invented a new one entirely... but they would need new protagonist dialog, not just a quick session with whatever voice actor is handy to play the part of some new NPC; they'd need the headliners; (for of course they would need the dialog for both male and female; and perhaps more than one of each?). This limits the dialog [and content!] of the game.

It was. Did you play Fallout, and Fallout 2, or just the abortive FO3? Part of the reason for negativity, is that they've ruined it from day one since they first touched it. Fallout 1 & 2 are really the only ones that should count. FO:New Vegas was a refreshing step in the right direction; but it was still horribly under their thumb, and Obsidian had to make do with what they had to build it on ~namely FO3; and Bethesda's approval. They've singly turned a grandfather RPG of the highest caliber, into a Westworld style wacky-land sandbox package tour of a Fallout-esque themepark... They discarded everything important about the series, and recycled the tinsel to drape TES as a Fallout impostor; with legal right to the name. :(

And by all accounts, they've likely just done it again.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    • [Like] [Like] x 2
  4. Mohamed2001

Mohamed2001 HATE NEWSPAPERS

Jan 28, 2013
    Actual nuclear physics would make this game extremely wrong. With the amount of warheads launched, the US should literally be Metro 2033. And Metro is the only game that captured the true feel of a post nuclear game.

But since nuclear physics in this game are confirmed to be alternate, it's OK. Just unrealistic. There should've been a 500 year nuclear winter.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  5. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    The story of Fallout 3 was great and had great characters? haha good one. Unless you are serious, in which case you should probably try some books in the children section of the library, I mean just to graduate to something a little more complex than what you are used to.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  6. Big HooDoo

Big HooDoo Your Local Witch Doctor

May 8, 2015
    This is 100% true. Though it does seem like a small step up from F3.

7. Natzy

Natzy First time out of the vault

Mar 14, 2005
    I also want to know if I can run it because I play games on a laptop with I7 , 8GB RAM and Nvidia GT710 M. So far Witcher 3 and Mortal Kombat X are the only non playable games I tested and will be a shame if I need to change it. Pillars of Eternity and Wasteland 2 runs very good.

8. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    I doubt you'll be able to run it on that machine.

9. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    If Skyrim runs, this one will too.

10. Hellion

Hellion Antediluvian Lurker

Jun 20, 2003
    All the "I just registered to comment on the negativity, the trailer looks awesome and you are just bitter because it's not 1997 anymore, be happy that you're at least getting another Fallout game" comments really make me feel young again, it's like we're back in 2004-05.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  11. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    I think that Dovaultkin destroying vertibirds left and right with his fully voiced combat shouts would be pretty cool! :mrgreen:

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  12. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    Good to see some people come out of retirement.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  13. Earth

Earth Vault Senior Citizen

Apr 7, 2013
    So it begins (once again).

I realised that people would get stupidly overhyped about Fallout 4 after seeing how everyone was getting overhyped for Batman vs Superman. Seriously, throw these people one dumb trailer with KEWL stuff in it and they'll squeal like children at Christmas.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  14. ChildServices

ChildServices Banned

May 22, 2015
    People keep saying "Oh it's 200 years since the bombs fell why aren't they building huge amazing cities!" but there are places on the world today which don't even have internet or video games or basic medical facilities or even stable access to fresh water.

Why not just accept that the East Coast is the third world and move on? It's not that implausible for some parts of the world to be less advanced than others.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  15. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    Love the username. So I've watched the trailer four times. I'm hyped.

16. Big HooDoo

Big HooDoo Your Local Witch Doctor

May 8, 2015
    So many awesome posters coming out of retirement since the Fallout series pretty much died. Even if Fallout 4 sucks, I thank it for doing this for NMA. It's like somebody rebuilt the Aztec pyramids and we're using them again for some inane reason or another.

17. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Well I guess the best you can expect is that Fallout 4 will be to Fallout 3 what Skyrim is to Oblivion. I mean hands down Skyrim was not good RPG either, but it was a huge step above Oblivion. I think that is all you can expect.

Or, simply skyrim with gunz. And shouts. And Dragons. Of course, Dragons. It would not be epic without Dragonz!

THERE IS ONE THEY FEAR! IN THEIR TONGUE, DOVAHDVELLER! HUAH!

Have you seen the last Terminator 5 trailer yet? I am not sure if you should or should not see it. I gave up on humanity after it. Yes, it's that bad.

18. mef

mef Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Dec 29, 2014
    Omg, you were right. I hope my favourite game franchise AND my favourite movie franchise are not going to be butchered in the same year.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2015
  19. Natzy

Natzy First time out of the vault

Mar 14, 2005
    Skyrim runs really well but I doubt it will have the same requirements. Just seeing that PS3 and Xbox360 are not supported worries me :)

20. Hellion

Hellion Antediluvian Lurker

Jun 20, 2003
    If Fallout 4 does indeed use Gamebryo/Creation (or an updated version of it, at least), then I think you won't have any problems running it whatsoever.