Fallout 4 coming out on November 10, free mobile spin-off out now

Midwestern BoS is in Illinois and Legion is in Arizona/Colorado/Utah, pretty far away
map

e: nevermind, they have reached the Colorado later. I should finally beat Tactics sometime.

But maybe Bethesda's Failouts are taking place in a different canon? That would be good.

Last edited:
Well, if in doubt, Fallout: Tactics is to be considered non-canonical. It's all fine and dandy unless it contradicts anything from the main series.

Hey guys, I know the reaction is gonna be "Well DUH!" but.... holy shit does that Fallout Shelter game suck balls....

Its a cheap mobile game cash grab. What did you expect?
I think it's GREAT! But only because my hopes for it were so low they hit the earth's molten core :yuck:

It didn't stop it from getting a 75 on Metacritic. :crazy: I can already see the reviews for Fallout 4,
12/10 BEST GAME EVAH!!!~IGN
100/10~ None of you deserve to live in the same world as the genius minds of Bethesda!!!~Kotaku

Fuck, this is going to be Boyhood and Avatar all over again. :wall:

Well, if in doubt, Fallout: Tactics is to be considered non-canonical. It's all fine and dandy unless it contradicts anything from the main series.
Didn't Bethesda say that it was semi-canon?
That the large events of the main story was canon and that anything else is pretty much non-confirmed?
(Basically, MWBOS exists, they did branch out, they fought the calculator and won, but we don't know which ending is canon, we also don't know if Beastlords or Hairy Deathclaws are canon at all)

Well at least it will have descent shooting gameplay this time.

Remains to be seen ...

I am pretty confident that third-person-shooter mechanics will be between mediocre and bad in F4, up to the point where you can't hit shit when the targets are to close - particularly indoors a real pain. Both F3 and Skyrim had bad mechanics here.

Long range combat will most probably suck. Don't expect to play a sniper without mods that correct the values of guns. At least in F3 at a certain range your guns would stop to work, pretty stupid.

Foliage will block your bullets ... most probably. Partiularly the corners and edges of rocks, fences, buildings etc. Even if there is nothing, but the invisible texture will "eat" your bullets ... making it a chore to shoot from cover.

The combat looks exactly like in F3, especially that cut when raiders attack player's town - blocky and awkward. AI also looks the same, enemies are just rushing towards your bullets like "there's a guy with a machine gun defending this bridge, I should run up to him and beat him with my baseball bat". I hope at least there are no invisible walls around certain objects that stop bullets. There's a NV mod that fixes that, this is ridiculous.

Last edited:
That the large events of the main story was canon and that anything else is pretty much non-confirmed?
(Basically, MWBOS exists, they did branch out, they fought the calculator and won, but we don't know which ending is canon, we also don't know if Beastlords or Hairy Deathclaws are canon at all)

Basically. The Chicago chapter was briefly mentioned in New Vegas. Semi-canon at best.

Well combat looks like it has the things Project Nevada had (namely wuick grenade button, sprinting, bullet time to replace VATS) along with quick melee alternate attacks. Enemies now have more dynamic animations (at least the animals) and well the weapon modding looks interesting along with the Armor having individual HP. Altho if the AI is as stupid as it was in Vanilla 3/NV then that won't mean much I admit.

Yes, seems like they applied those cool things PN had and improved animations, but they didn't change the very core of the combat and it looks (and probably feels) almost the same as in previous games. Btw when did they show some longer melee action?

Yes, seems like they applied those cool things PN had and improved animations, but they didn't change the very core of the combat and it looks (and probably feels) almost the same as in previous games. Btw when did they show some longer melee action?

They didn't show a lot of melee combat now that I think about it. Makes me wonder...:?

The combat looks exactly like in F3, especially that cut when raiders attack player's town - blocky and awkward. AI also looks the same, enemies are just rushing towards your bullets like "there's a guy with a machine gun defending this bridge, I should run up to him and beat him with my baseball bat". I hope at least there are no invisible walls around certain objects that stop bullets. There's a NV mod that fixes that, this is ridiculous.

7GJp1jR.jpg

Well in the montage it looked like Mr 111 was pistol whipping a raider and he stil lbuilt a Bat he used to gib another raider in a another scene.

Could someone please explain this to me? There seems to be a small group of people who are of the mind that somehow, despite their name being one of the first things you see before Obsidian in the title screens, that Bethesda will consider New Vegas non-canon? It's like "nuh dur Obsidiarn producered it" but Bethesda produced it right? They paid Obsidian to make the spin-off or some-such? I'm just confused and, I'll admit, stupid when it comes to stuff like this.

Could someone please explain this to me? There seems to be a small group of people who are of the mind that somehow, despite their name being one of the first things you see before Obsidian in the title screens, that Bethesda will consider New Vegas non-canon? It's like "nuh dur Obsidiarn producered it" but Bethesda produced it right? They paid Obsidian to make the spin-off or some-such? I'm just confused and, I'll admit, stupid when it comes to stuff like this.

They'll probably consider it to be semi-canon which would be my guess. Assuming the game takes place after NV.

Is there any reason for the Beastlords to be non-canon? They could just be psykers

Well combat looks like it has the things Project Nevada had (namely wuick grenade button, sprinting, bullet time to replace VATS) along with quick melee alternate attacks. Enemies now have more dynamic animations (at least the animals) and well the weapon modding looks interesting along with the Armor having individual HP. Altho if the AI is as stupid as it was in Vanilla 3/NV then that won't mean much I admit.
It's still faster paced, and Todd has really been emphasizing how great an FPS it is.

Well it would be kind of weird for a developer to go on E3 to tell people that their game has mediocre gameplay, now wouldn't it?
I mean if the combat is like that in vanilla, some Ai mods like the ones I run in New Vegas would make it very interesting without having to install a script heavy mod and loading half a dozen ESPs.

Back