Fallout 4 coming out on November 10, free mobile spin-off out now

Yeah LOL! The Enclave from Fallout is like Team Rocket from Pokemon. They get their ass kicked every time they make an appearance. But they got cool stuff like Vertibirds and bad ass Power Armor.

I absolutely HATE the forced back story they are giving your character with a baby and a wife/husband. Feels like Bethesda is going all out with the cheap plot devices and is using a cheap way to make your character relatable. Kinda reminds with what they did with Mass Effect 3 and that stupid kid. "This is a kid, he dies, you should feel bad and scared for life! FEEL SAD AND EMOTIONAL!" That's just the Hollywood secret I guess. :V

But man, th feels! they gotta pull the heart strings becaus feels and shit. People are only interested in cheap emotional manipulation, that's why people even say that FO3 had a good story because of the forced "care about your dad" thing. Same reason why Telltale games are popular despite being bad point and click/Graphic adventure games and being poorly written.

Look at the weight of those PA suits! 15 and 21 lbs is just ridiculous. Wasn't it more like 50 in F3/NV (which still is way too low when player carry capacity is 25 lbs per point of strength)? So now an average person can carry five to seven suits of PA in his backpack?

Look at the weight of those PA suits! 15 and 21 lbs is just ridiculous. Wasn't it more like 50 in F3/NV (which still is way too low when player carry capacity is 25 lbs per point of strength)? So now an average person can carry five to seven suits of PA in his backpack?

It looks like all those stats are for the individual pieces.

Ahhh. That makes a lot more sense!

I absolutely HATE the forced back story they are giving your character with a baby and a wife/husband. Feels like Bethesda is going all out with the cheap plot devices and is using a cheap way to make your character relatable. Kinda reminds with what they did with Mass Effect 3 and that stupid kid. "This is a kid, he dies, you should feel bad and scared for life! FEEL SAD AND EMOTIONAL!" That's just the Hollywood secret I guess. :V

Personally, I prefer playing as an older character who wake up surrounded by the ruins of the past (uhm NMA), over 18 year old vault dweller who is running after dady... And I'll say again i think that Beth FO3 and FO4 thematic intros to the game world are right on the money, however, I do hope that they learned and allow to skip the scene on further playthroughs.

Also I understand that you guys are Mass Effect fanboys, but wouldn't borderlands be a better candidate for comparisons ?

Interesting, does that mean you can add modification to each part ? If so any thought as to what those modification might be, pure state improvements or maybe something else?

Last edited:

Personally, I prefer playing as an older character who wake up surrounded by the ruins of the past (uhm NMA), over 18 year old vault dweller who is running after dady... And I'll say again i think that Beth FO3 and FO4 intros thematic intros into the game are right on the money, however, I do hope that they learned and allow to skip the scene on further playthroughs.

Also I understand that you guys are Mass Effect fanboys, but wouldn't borderlands be a better candidate for comparisons ?

Umm... No. Mainly because the dialogue wheel was RIPPED OFF.... errr, I mean inspired by Mass Effect. With the voiced protagonist and dialogue wheel its not hard to see why people are saying that Fallout 4 looks like a Mass Effect clone. Little late to the party are you Bethesda?

Many games have dialogue wheels, and if its your main criteria for comparison, why don't you use Obsidians alpha protocol?

No Borderlands is for Fallout 5 where the yeventually just go full on LOOTZ FPS with no dialogue choices. We know that's what is gonna happen.

Many games have dialogue wheels, and if its your main criteria for comparison, why don't you use Obsidians alpha protocol?

Many games also have level up system. Doesn't mean they are RPG's. You level up in Call of Duty too. Fallout 4 is now just an FPS that allows you to craft and level up. Story my ass..

Last edited:
Borderlands isn't fair in comparison at all.

Borderlands is good and it's good at what it's advertised as. (shooter looter with simple RPG stuff)

The only thing close to BL is the USS Constitution having rockets [cough, pirate DLC] and the skill chart stuff.

The only thing close to BL is the USS Constitution having rockets [cough, pirate DLC] and the skill chart stuff.

Nah dawg. DLC where you get to fly the ship into space and fight an alien mother ship that shoots death rays at you.

I meant the rocket USS Constitution is like the Rocket pirate ships in the Pirate DLC for BL2.

But that can work for FO4 too. Since MS Zeta messed up Alien lore, this will uhh.. "fix" it.

Hey guys, this just came in: The stupid dog is immortal, he can't die. Whoohoo! More essential characters! Don't you love freedumz?

To be fair, Bethesda AI is way too stupid to have mortal companions. They just get killed too easily.

No, the twitter said "he can't die" literally. Because nothing is more immurshive than immortal charactrs and there being no consequences for anything.

I have another nit pick. Why is a Vault Tec representative going door to door selling space in the vault? I thought there was a long waiting list and process that Vault Tec had to choose who would go into one of their vaults? Don't really give shit anymore do you Beth?:evil: So long as console gamers buy this by the crap load then who gives a shit about RPG elements, story, characterization and lore, right? :twitch:

Back