Fallout 4 coming out on November 10, free mobile spin-off out now

Yeah that's a good point, even Fallout 3 had "vault-tec rejection letters". And they are conveniently doing it on the same day as the bombs fell.... someone fucked that one up really bad. But this is what happens when you try to contextualize something as abstract as assigning SPECIAL points, New Vegas version was kind of dumb but it didn't take more than 5 seconds to get to it and it didn't break lore. Vault-Tec goes door to door asking people what their strength and Charisma are? Do they also ask dong size? Why not just get past the SPECIAL assignment on the same screen as you are sculpting the face?

Yeah that's a good point, even Fallout 3 had "vault-tec rejection letters". And they are conveniently doing it on the same day as the bombs fell.... someone fucked that one up really bad. But this is what happens when you try to contextualize something as abstract as assigning SPECIAL points, New Vegas version was kind of dumb but it didn't take more than 5 seconds to get to it and it didn't break lore. Vault-Tec goes door to door asking people what their strength and Charisma are? Do they also ask dong size? Why not just get past the SPECIAL assignment on the same screen as you are sculpting the face?

This is getting tremendously nit-picky, guys. I don't think I could give less of a fuck about how the interface for selecting SPECIAL skills is represented.

Also, I watched the video one time and I was able to pick up that the Vault-Tec guy wasn't selling Vault space door-to-door. He was confirming the PCs selection in the Vault. This is clearly a narrative element to introduce the concepts to the player. It's obnoxious if it isn't skippable, but otherwise it's nothing to get worked up about.

Because the audience they want to pander to are dumb as hell, who have a short attention and don't give a shit about lore, story and characterization. All they want is GUNS, EXPLOSIONS, POWER ARMOR, JET PACKS AND DOGS!!! You know, badass things like that. :roll:

Yeah, the dialogue is written badly, but he is just confirming their registration not actually selling the space. But whoever wrote that guys dialogue needs to get fired because it's really hard to notice that. On that, there had better be a hardcore mode non-essential option, I wants my dog haunches with dog Au Jus!

Last edited:
Yeah, the dialogue is written badly, but he is just confirming their registration not actually selling the space. But whoever wrote that guys dialogue needs to get fired because it's really hard to notice that.

That scene right there told me what the quality of the writing in Fallout 4 is going to be like. :twitch:

This is getting tremendously nit-picky, guys. I don't think I could give less of a fuck about how the interface for selecting SPECIAL skills is represented.

Also, I watched the video one time and I was able to pick up that the Vault-Tec guy wasn't selling Vault space door-to-door. He was confirming the PCs selection in the Vault. This is clearly a narrative element to introduce the concepts to the player. It's obnoxious if it isn't skippable, but otherwise it's nothing to get worked up about.

The guy needs to be reminded of what Vault Tec is. That whole scene is very poorly written. But I guess it doesnt technically break lore, I'll give you that. But it's still a stupid contextualization for SPECIAL allocation, specially since it's probably unskippable.

yeah kinda like people going apoplectic over "Sky Scarpers" in Boston based on a misinterpretation of the teaser, when the are clearly of post war construction. I heard so much bitching over something they'd misinterpret, talk about confirmation bias. I say this not as a F3 fanboy but as an adult who knows full well the limitations of Bethsoft products. Trust me guys; we'll have plenty of legit things to gripe about. I know what message board I joined. :razz:

Last edited:
If it's the creation engine you can always enter the console command Disable or Setessential 0. I would do that, but the more I see the less I want to support the game.

Can I just add my little gripe? Thanks. The combat that has not improved at all. At one point Todd the rod Howard said something like "combat is better than ever" and proceeded to show footage that could have come from FO3 in terms of the complexity of battle. it's one thing that just destroys immersion for me. When you have a group of raiders who just all run right into my rifle fire. There's clearly no sentience there... not even a faint hint of self-preservation in action. I won't be buying the game anyway, but it does bug me that the world of fallout is forced to serve a derpy FPS with upgrades, and a story written by goobers. #TheEnd

"Congratulations, you have been accepted for the Vault program! We would like to ask you some questions."

"What's your strength? How strong are you?"

"5."

"How big is your dick?"

:|

If it's the creation engine you can always enter the console command Disable or Setessential 0. I would do that, but the more I see the less I want to support the game.

Your game will crash if he's called in a script event and he ain't there. And since he's essential, and meeting him is forced, I bet he'll be needed for a quest.

Might replace him with a cat that woofs. Or a sentry bot. Or whatever the fuck. But not Dogmeat. Not a 110 years old dog.

So, noticed those gauges from the PO interface, is Power Armor going to have limited fuel? I could see that working in a hard type mode, where in order to properly use power armor you need to pay a ridiculous amount for a specific type of working powercell or scrounge and recycle them, kind of like a two legged interceptor.

So, noticed those gauges from the PO interface, is Power Armor going to have limited fuel? I could see that working in a hard type mode, where in order to properly use power armor you need to pay a ridiculous amount for a specific type of working powercell or scrounge and recycle them, kind of like a two legged interceptor.

Van Buren planned to make your T45-D need SECs IIRC.

Dunno about FO4, but T51-B should not need SECs.

"How big is your dick?" :|
So I'm assuming that's what the vault rep for Vault 69 would ask then? :razz:

Dick size above 25cm = auto Vault 69 :D

Possible, but the reason t51's still work could be because they were used sparingly and idled for most of their time, I'm kind of fuzzy on Power Armor info to be honest. Or it might be that you have a "universal frame" or some bs, i'd rather think that in order to use certain parts, you need the proper battery. But if people are right about your character being an Army engineer of some sort the point might be moot.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind Power Armor having resource management to them. I never use them because I always found them kind of ugly except the Enclave one from 2 and New Vegas and was mostly out of necessity eventually.

I love the complaints about the Vault-Tec employee coming to the door to finalize the paperwork. Our PC family is in a pretty unique situation as far as acceptance goes. They live in a town not but a few minutes walk to the Vault in question, are married and have one child, and the PC is acknowledged as a war veteran. Of COURSE Vault-Tec wants this family in the fault, regardless of if the vault door's "Vault-Tec Societal Preservation Program" having anything to do with it. Complaining about the PC having the choice to say "What's Vault-Tec again?" is also hilarious because those kind of redundant questions in dialogue have been in at least since FO:3.

And as an aside, if you hate "Dogmeat" so very much, just tell him to sit, and stay like a good little boy in the middle of nowhere and walk away never to return again. It will be admittedly annoying if they make it so he fast travels or teleports to you at intervals, or if he really is "needed" for a quest in the game and not just tagged as essential so people don't complain about being stupid and getting him killed in the first 10 minutes.

Back