Fallout 4 coming out on November 10, free mobile spin-off out now

Honestly, I'm really happy about the mostly constructive criticism going on about Fallout 4 right now. It's a lot better then just bashing the ever living tar out of it.
Admittedly, I was introduced to Fallout with 3 back when it first came out. After I complete it, I played Fallout 1 and 2 and they became some of my favorite games of all time and I consider them FAR better then 3 for different reasons besides the ones that 3 normally gets flack for.

But I digress, I've watched the videos for Fallout 4 many times, and while I am concerned about the missing skills, they might have been transformed into something else that I might end up liking. Besides, I have the previous games to play for skills, and I'm 100% sure someone will mod them back into 4. I do agree with what Wumbology is saying though, this is Bethesda's view on what the Fallout universe is. If/when Obsidian gets the reigns on Fallout to make another one, I'm sure it will be even better then what Fallout 4 will be, just like NV was to 3. So far, I've liked everything they've shown, (however it is true that voiced dialogue will make modding more dialogue difficult), then again, I've always been kind of easy to please in most cases. The main character tuning out to be an android wouldn't be a shock to me, but I'll still enjoy all the game has to offer for many years to come. I hope that some of these changes in the game won't completely turn you off from playing the next Fallout. We've been in a dry spell for a number of years and I wouldn't have the patients to wait another couple just for Obsidian's take on Fallout again.

Also one more thing, normally I don't play mobile apps as they can't hold my attention for more then 5 minutes before never playing them again; but Fallout Shelter is like fucking crack cocaine to me! I can't stop playing it! And the fact that Bethesda was nice enough to make it free without pay walls, p2w aspects and other crap that plague mobile games today, makes it the best mobile game I've ever played. If you're on the fence about it, just download it for free and give it 10 minutes. If you don't like it, hey no lose you didn't have to spend a dollar, if you do end up liking it, your welcome.
Sorry for the wall of text, just had to get this off my chest.

Adding skills in wouldn't be so simple as jsut modding them there, the whole game and quest structure would need to be redesigned and even rewritten for Skills to actually mean anything in the same way they meant for previous Fallout games.

I'm thinking they will use more of a kotor/dragon age leveling system that focuses on bumping up your individual stats past 10 and having the player pick a feat or in this case a perk and those perks will be more varied than before while being set up in a perk chart UI and you'll probably get to chose multiple perks in one level up. I'm okay with this the more I think about it, I was very against it when I first heard about it but relating it to bioware games makes me feel better about this as long as they do it right. Changing up the leveling system from the past 4 games isn't a bad thing imo. As long as it doesn't lose complexity in the process, I'm fine with this. Though I wish they just showed the leveling system during the presentation so we didn't have to speculate about it, instead they showed us base defense stuff.

Was anyone here expecting Bethesda to dun goof this hard? For some reason I didn't. Now I really wish they did what I was expecting and make Fallout 4 identical to Fallout 3.

I'm thinking they will use more of a kotor/dragon age leveling system that focuses on bumping up your individual stats past 10 and having the player pick a feat or in this case a perk and those perks will be more varied than before while being set up in a perk chart UI and you'll probably get to chose multiple perks in one level up. I'm okay with this the more I think about it, I was very against it when I first heard about it but relating it to bioware games makes me feel better about this as long as they do it right. Changing up the leveling system from the past 4 games isn't a bad thing imo. As long as it doesn't lose complexity in the process, I'm fine with this. Though I wish they just showed the leveling system during the presentation so we didn't have to speculate about it, instead they showed us base defense stuff.

This seems pretty unlikely to me. I honestly don't think they would bother reworking SPECIAL that heavily.

Was anyone here expecting Bethesda to dun goof this hard? For some reason I didn't. Now I really wish they did what I was expecting and make Fallout 4 identical to Fallout 3.

What, like in terms of story? I still think it will be:

You find that your wife is ghoulified and is working with the androids to restore a power plant to give them all free, clean energy. You join the resistance and help her restore the powerplant, unfortunately the Enclave/Institute show up and she blows up the control room. You escape and seek help from the Brotherhood of Steel who tell you that the component needed to restore the Plant is located in a vault and give you a Flare to summon their Vertibird. When you get there it turns out that VaultTec was working on androids before the war and used this vault to test the effects of F.E.V. on them. Here you find records that (gasp) you yourself are an android. You then free a Synth Mutant named...Fookes and he helps you retrieve the component. On your way back, the Enclavetute capture you with an EMP pulse and take you to their secret base. You get to meet the president of the Enclavetute who (dundundun) turns out to be an android too. He wants you to restore the Power Plant but add a virus that will transfer control of the androids to the Enclavetute. When you reach the Power Plant, it turns out that the main control terminal is destroyed and you have to connect yourself into the terminal, unfortunately the process will fry your brain so you have to make a valiant sacrifice for the good of all the other androids...

Is this really what you wanted?

What, like in terms of story? I still think it will be:

You find that your wife is ghoulified and is working with the androids to restore a power plant to give them all free, clean energy. You join the resistance and help her restore the powerplant, unfortunately the Enclave/Institute show up and she blows up the control room. You escape and seek help from the Brotherhood of Steel who tell you that the component needed to restore the Plant is located in a vault and give you a Flare to summon their Vertibird. When you get there it turns out that VaultTec was working on androids before the war and used this vault to test the effects of F.E.V. on them. Here you find records that (gasp) you yourself are an android. You then free a Synth Mutant named...Fookes and he helps you retrieve the component. On your way back, the Enclavetute capture you with an EMP pulse and take you to their secret base. You get to meet the president of the Enclavetute who (dundundun) turns out to be an android too. He wants you to restore the Power Plant but add a virus that will transfer control of the androids to the Enclavetute. When you reach the Power Plant, it turns out that the main control terminal is destroyed and you have to connect yourself into the terminal, unfortunately the process will fry your brain so you have to make a valiant sacrifice for the good of all the other androids...

Is this really what you wanted?

Is it likely they'll pull something like this? Kinda yeah.

Doesn't have enough Quantum Physics or Race conflict seen from the perspective of a first year college student.

Back