Fallout 76 Really Sucks. People Act Shocked.

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by TorontRayne, Nov 20, 2018.

1. mef

mef Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Dec 29, 2014
    it's funny how F76 has so few loyal players left and beth decides to test how far can they go with fucking with them

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  2. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Nov 26, 2007
    Never let a crisis go to waste.

This is exactly what they do, but in order to accomplish that, they have to strip out the edge case gameplay. They are trying to merge incompatible tastes into one product, and so they include just enough to be (barely) tolerable to each market segment. This means they never make the top notch product for either group, because you cannot hit multiple targets in the center of each with one shot; better aim for one, is worse aim for the others.

It produces mediocre gameplay; just a bit above the level for being crap.

Arrow_to_the_knee.gif

• [Rad] [Rad] x 4
  3. Jabberwok

Jabberwok Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 7, 2008
    No wonder their games are collections of half-implemented features.

4. Rheios

Rheios Mr. House's Employee of the Apocalypse

Oct 22, 2018
    That pretty much sums it up. Its also why they wanted 76. Why keep spending all that development money on entirely new games when you can make 1 game and periodically update it with a new target, right? Its why they have a survival game, now with a battle royal mode. Whatever the next trend is they'll add that in two if 76 can survive that long. But its definitely their goal. They're following "games as service" style development, which is honestly bs, to streamline their streamlining.

EDIT: Its funny because I mostly ignore Bethesda and Gearbox news anymore and so when I come back to it, I'm always astounded by how much negativity they've collected with seemingly no consequences. Like a group of people who bitch about daily lynchings or something but all remember to carry their personal hangin' rope around like good pinatas.