Fallout 76

Say, anyone mentioned the method for joining the closed beta so far yet?

https://bethesda.net/en/article/2G2vLPyPwcMaiGASUwsoqQ/fallout-76-official-reveal-e3-2018
B.E.T.A. (BREAK-IT EARLY TEST APPLICATION) ACCESS
Be one of the first to emerge! Pre-order and get access to the Fallout 76 B.E.T.A.

I presume they'll open up new methods but for now, this is pretty scummy to lock off access to the pre-order crowd. Plus said pre-order crowd would be huge fans so I have doubts their critical input on the game's state would be of value.

What a wonderfull time to be a live, isn't it? Imagine if someone told you in the 1990s when F1 was released that Bethesda one day will buy the Franchise, raping it to death by exploting it as a 'multiplayer/mmo-shooter-type' of game ... and to make it worse, the masses will love it and call it an RPG ...

Just saw a small video where it seems that you can do some kind of raid-type quests in Fallout 69. Like 4 players coop thing, to get to a bunker and start a 'random' nuclear attack on some area, that you can now visit for loot ... eh? So that's what Fallout is today. Splendid. Just splendid.
- Of course that's all just speculation, but still.

What a steaming big pile of shit ...

In Fallout 4, they made the game in a lazy way, giving players only the 'creation kit' so to speak as ingame tool to make their 'own' communities.

In this game, you will make up your own stories I fear and selling it as players to 'freedom'...

Fallout 1:

The Glow, an area hit directly by a warhead at the time of the war, is the most dangerous location in the game and requires legitimate preperation just to enter and survive. The music and atmosphere are harrowing and empty

"The place they called the Glow. The horror of atomic war was never so obvious to me until then."
"If you don't know what an atomic bomb is, then imagine the worst thing possible. Atomic bombs were worse than that."

Fallout 76:

DUDE SHOOT NUKES AT YOUR FRIENDS LMAO

I've said this before on another forum a couple of times and I know this forum is more specific for Fallout so we are going to talk about it no matter what.

But I can't see Fallout 3, 4, and 76 in the same franchise as 1, 2, and NV. I just can't. They're different, we shouldn't regard them as the same. The thing that ties them is a brand name and intellectual works. The general feeling, idea, design, storytelling, etc. aren't the same and they don't seem to aim to be. I'm fine with 76, I'm probably getting it. I don't think it's going to be a classic, or near as good as the old ones, I don't even think it will be good in the sense of an RPG. It'll just be a fun, goofy, co-op/MP game to play.

We probably won't ever get another NV and almost definitely won't get another 1/2 style Fallout. Let the greats be greats and remember for what they were. Take the new games at face value and as their own series. A big theme in NV was letting go of the past and I feel like in a way, that was a nod to the old school fans, we won't get another NV and we need to let go of that.

Nothing I'm saying is trying to deflect criticism of the Bethesda games. If you don't like them for whatever reason, I understand and probably agree with the criticisms. I have my qualms with the newer Fallouts, especially Fallout 4. But I feel like it's time to just not expect any Fallout to be what we want. 4 was so divergent from it all that it makes 3 look like it was really trying to stay faithful. With a multiplayer game after it? It's a game series like Call of Duty or Battlefield, or Halo, etc.

I've been exploring the Bethesda forums and I'm actually quite surprised with the level of grump there. Even the indoctrinated Bethesda acolytes are having difficulty keeping the kool-aid down.

I think it's kind of funny that everywhere I have investigated to dial into the pulse of this that it's mostly negative towards Vault 76.

Also the brain dead petition some people are raging over. When will people learn that for profit businesses only adjust their schemes when the consumers stop buy their crap.
I promise you that those that are all grumpy now will likely buy into the beta because they lack the self control to think for themselves.
I also slapped this into the Bethesda forums: https://bethesda.net/community/topic/212937/how-is-vault-76-a-viable-fallout-title

I've been exploring the Bethesda forums and I'm actually quite surprised with the level of grump there. Even the indoctrinated Bethesda acolytes are having difficulty keeping the kool-aid down.

I think it's kind of funny that everywhere I have investigated to dial into the pulse of this that it's mostly negative towards Vault 76.
Good, now these fanboys that criticize people like me "for living in the past" will know the pain of watching something you love get trashed by greed and incompetence.

The funny thing about all of this is how Bethesda has been burning their demographic bridges with every Fallout release.
:flameon:
Fallout 3: RPG/FPS crowd
Fallout: New Vegas: RPG some FPS players enjoyed but not many.
Fallout 4: FPS crowd
Vault 76: Softcore online multiplayer survival?

I'm sure everyone can spot the trend of RPG-FPS-multiplayer right?

What I have noticed is that Bethesda is basically cycling through various demographics to strike oil.
Once they determine the demographic that's going to shell out their money, they'll drain them and move to the next one still fat with monetary wealth.

Remember the Fallout 4 hype train that basically split then shattered the fan base? Then the Creation Club basically decimated the modding community?

Well all those "fans" of Fallout 4 are getting a small taste of Bethesda's transitory nature, and their realizing their heads are next on the demographic chopping block.

I get the feeling NMA may be seeing some new comrades joining the site soon.
:hatersgonnahate:
Hell EA is more consistent with their business practices, Bethesda's all over the damn map.
Also how to properly crap on Bethesda in their own forums in case anyone needs pointers.: https://bethesda.net/community/topic/212997/this-is-why-vault-76-isn-t-a-spin-off-title

Question is, do we sympathize with people who thought Fallout 3 and 4 were great and accused the "old timers" and later fans who have come to prefer Fallout 1 and 2 (and New Vegas) over Bethesda's own titles.

As I mentioned before, I quite recall the mud that was thrown, the mocking and the insults that we were living in the past and that Fallout 3 was the future of the franchise (and RPGs in general).

I know I should not be so close minded but at the same time I do not feel like giving any forgiveness to the obsessive Fallout 3 and 4 fans who now got burned themselves because Fallout 76 is not like their previous favorites and multi player oriented.

Question is, do we sympathize with people who thought Fallout 3 and 4 were great and accused the "old timers" and later fans who have come to prefer Fallout 1 and 2 (and New Vegas) over Bethesda's own titles.

As I mentioned before, I quite recall the mud that was thrown, the mocking and the insults that we were living in the past and that Fallout 3 was the future of the franchise (and RPGs in general).

I know I should not be so close minded but at the same time I do not feel like giving any forgiveness to the obsessive Fallout 3 and 4 fans who now got burned themselves because Fallout 76 is not like their previous favorites and multi player oriented.

I can understand your perspective Dutch, however consider this. We here at NMA while we defend our positions we do at times get quite grump as well.

I figure that if they end up at NMA the better off NMA will be as well those fans. I say that because the more disenfranchised Bethesda make's their consumer base the more likely older fans can potentially direct the flow of change.

So I say welcome everyone, everyone has valid reasons to some degree. Plus time has passed, who knows maybe some of those newer fans have grown up a bit and are more willing to consider the perspectives from those here at NMA more seriously?

I can finally play as a full-fledged Raider, going around, being evil, and screwing up Settlements I didn't build

About time

Simply put, they didn't know any better.
I should know, I was one of them.

Yep. I was in the same boat just a year ago. Then, over time, my view of Fallout 4 slowly shifted until I began to actively dislike it. So, I say that they should at least be given a chance to repent for their sins, and return to the light side.

I played Fallout 4 for about 80 hours until I realized that the game was shit. I was having a blast and enjoying myself, but when I got to the Institute and met real Shaun, I shut the game down and never finished it.

The forced inclusion of settlement building, radiant quests, and all of the shitty quests I think got to me. All of the features that were in FNV but disappeared in Fallout 4..

shame

I know Vault 76 isn't well liked because NMA hasn't received an uptick in trolls since Bethesda's announcement, at least from what I have noticed.

On the contrary it seems newer fans are immigrating over now...

So that's not easy for me at all. Because I know I was a real pain in the a... and I deserve every flag that I can get for how I overreacted very often.

I am here to apologize. I simply didn't wanted it to be true.

But looking at the documentary how FO76 was made (and in making this shit) Bethesda stated clearly that they don't give a fuck about the franchise at all. I still don't hate FO3 for what it is and yes I have overlooked that FO4 was the deliberate path to what FO76 is.

I am sorry whatever it is worth.

So that's not easy for me at all. Because I know I was a real pain in the a... and I deserve every flag that I can get for how I overreacted very often.

I am here to apologize. I simply didn't wanted it to be true.

But looking at the documentary how FO76 was made (and in making this shit) Bethesda stated clearly that they don't give a fuck about the franchise at all. I still don't hate FO3 for what it is and yes I have overlooked that FO4 was the deliberate path to what FO76 is.

I am sorry whatever it is worth.
:shock:
Holy crap... sesom is a NMA'er since 2008 and I had no idea? :shock:
Hope all is good with you :nod:.

Hi Rise
Live is full of surprises :) Nice to meet you here, everything is well but it is still sadly complicated with time.

The casual use of nukes just shows you how completely not Fallout this is. Even in FO3, the whole Fat Man thing and the web commercials still, at the very edges, had a smidgeon of "wink, jingoism is bad!" But there's none of that here. We've gone full Starship Troopers with any satire or deeper meaning completely lost.

Stuff like that is why I almost hope some poor bastard actually does waste their life to remake FNV in a new engine, completely intact with all DLC/whatever, simply to give legs to what was probably the last good Fallout game.

Back