Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Nevada (extended)

Yo !

I have problem with investigation quest from Las Vegas mayor
I lost Vortis Receipt

1. I took it from safe when doing quest for freaks
2. Talked with Larry
3. Talked with police office in first room, told him that I have proof of freaks innocence
4. He took the receipt ?

What now ? How can i finish mayor quest ? Spawn it somehow ?

Pls halp

You've fucked up...
The problem is chief police offcier is involved with town's biggest crime, hence all the evidence go down the drain..
You need to preserve all the evidence and hold off handling any until solving mayor's quest..
that means You cannot give any evidence to the police before solving mayor's quest. after that all major crime bosses are assumed to be in jail and only after that it is safe to hand out the evidence of innocense or crime proofs to the police...

You've fucked up...
The problem is chief police offcier is involved with town's biggest crime, hence all the evidence go down the drain..
You need to preserve all the evidence and hold off handling any until solving mayor's quest..
that means You cannot give any evidence to the police before solving mayor's quest. after that all major crime bosses are assumed to be in jail and only after that it is safe to hand out the evidence of innocense or crime proofs to the police...

Yeah, probably you are right

Anyway, used save editor to give it to me

Problem solved :)

Getting a failed initialization error on startup.
Screenshot (7).png

I got a issue with the " learn more about gerlach's community " quest

I asked everyone about the town, and reported back to stark and no dialouge option pops up about the town

gerlach the mayor has no more dialogue options and I asked all the npcs about the place, including the nameless one

wtf is going on?

I'm not 100% sure if it's required but have you interacted with water pump and talked about it?

During the report you mention it to Stark and it's used in one of quest paths, so this could be it.

And the person to talk to is the local hunter, that is if you havent shrug him off with your bad manners...
You always shake hands with ppl unles you really hate them...

Need help witht he " Find the missing researchers from the slums" I wanna get the metal detector, but I can't find essie gate! she isn't in her house in the slums, what is going on?

upload_2024-7-1_15-39-47.png

If you take Wright's contract for explosives, then it will disappear.

SCRIPT_NCMercFm

Code:
procedure map_enter_p_proc begin
   critter_ai_and_team(TEAM_NEW_RENO_PIMP_2,AI_PEASANT)
   if (is_loading_game == false) then begin
       if (map_first_run) then begin
           set_start_home_tile
           set_local_var(LVAR_Home_Rotat,obj_get_rot(self_obj));
       end
       move_to(self_obj, HomeTile, 0);
       animate_rotation(local_var(LVAR_Home_Rotat));
       if (global_var(GVAR_NEW_RENO_MARC_CONTRACT) == 1) then begin
           set_obj_visibility(self_obj, 1);
       end
   end
end

damn seems everyone around here think i'm johnny mnemonic..

anyways, after You go to Essie gate initially ( waaay b4 talking to Writght ), you may ask her why she looks worried ( requires high speech) after that go poke around the base and disable all the turrets by entering the hangar and turning off power for the turrets and grab the explosives pack from one of the garages. after that go to essie first ( as far as i remember, and bring her the letter from her husband ( it's on a fucked up body in one of the buildings before the main base) tell her you'll finish the contract for wright, and she'll give you the metal detector, after that she'll ask you to also find her son.. or was it... anyways leads are in one of the small houses in a row of houses in front of wright's establishment. they tell you to go to black rock ( before this he won't be there), You won't know it's him first so you need to trick him to spoli himself, after that tell him the story behind Wright's contract and that you'll finish it ( he's sepose to give you an enhancement for metal detector that improoves the range [add it on workbench] ).

as for dealing with wright, You probably went the gready way and took the reward for yourself, after that wright wants to hunt down essie gate and her family for failing what you did. the correct way to do this quest as a good guy, you need to decline the reward, and say that you've finished the contract in gate family's name or however was it phrased.
this is the only way that essie gate and her son won't be wanted by Wright, so they won't have a reason to be gone.

how do I find overseer? I searched the info on warrior mountain, did the area 51 quest, and there are no clues or suggestions what to do next. The guide doesn't give a comphrehnsive answer. what do I do?how do I progress main quest?

upload_2024-7-4_19-0-28.png

Battle Mountain radio dish should allow you to track Overseer to Vault 0.

You can only access it with the SLC train you're standing next to.

You need to repair the board computer (or pay someone to do it), find a driver and blow up the station gate.

@_Pyran_
I have a question:
I'm using the latest Nevada version from mid of 2023 (official Nevada Band version) with sfall and your translation (patch001.dat and translated videos), which works great.
I understand you also fixed some bugs, which (I assume) are part of patch000.dat - does it make sense to use these fixes even though they are from 2021? Or should I leave away patch000.dat?
Thank you.

Edit2: I should maybe ask: are your fixes available separately from the Nevada mod itself?

Edit: also, how to get back the skull suit? I don't wanna use appearance mod.

Last edited:
@_Pyran_
I have a question:
I'm using the latest Nevada version from mid of 2023 (official Nevada Band version) with sfall and your translation (patch001.dat and translated videos), which works great.
I understand you also fixed some bugs, which (I assume) are part of patch000.dat - does it make sense to use these fixes even though they are from 2021? Or should I leave away patch000.dat?
Thank you.

Edit2: I should maybe ask: are your fixes available separately from the Nevada mod itself?

Edit: also, how to get back the skull suit? I don't wanna use appearance mod.
1. Patch000 - Russian language, data & fix. Patch001 - English Language.
2. Do not enable the Appearance mod during installation, or use the standard type.
3. The official version was re-uploaded (v1.00 and patch02 are combined, and the suit is removed)

1. Patch000 - Russian language, data & fix. Patch001 - English Language.
2. Do not enable the Appearance mod during installation, or use the standard type.
3. The official version was re-uploaded (v1.00 and patch02 are combined, and the suit is removed)

Thank you, Pyran.
Ah, the suit was removed. What a pitty.

Thank you, Pyran.
Ah, the suit was removed. What a pitty.
You can copy patch000\001.dat and sfall to your game folder. Then the suit should appear, but I can't guarantee that there won't be any problems. Or Install Fo2+Nevada mod.

Last edited:
You can copy patch000 and 001 to your game folder. Then the suit should appear, but I can't guarantee that there won't be any problems. Or Install Fo2+Nevada mod.
I got the skull suit back!
Using Nevada Band's original version from July 2023 + your patch001.dat only.
My mistake was to not change the MaleStartModel etc. in ddraw.ini (I created my ddraw.ini but only now compared it to yours).

Back