General Discussion Thread of DOOM

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
Nature is pretty cool as well as spending time outside, but as with most things it's not something you should force upon yourself. Modern man has been mostly disjointed from the great outdoors, and as sad as that is, forcibly getting back there is usually a bad idea.

My advice would be, in case you actually decide to give it a try, to go someplace which isn't like anything near you. Different landscape. It could be a helper.

Or you know, just don't do it at all, and wait. Might come a proper day for it, might never. In my opinion it sucks missing it, but we all miss a shitton of stuff in our lives anyway.

In any case, all of this is certainly irrelevant to the quantitative and qualitative aspects of your testicles.

There´s nature and there´s nature tho (I´m on a Spanish keyboard, I don´t have the proper ´)

As much as people don´t want to be sissies, when it comes to real nature, it is usually wisest to sissy out a bit, and follow some beaten paths, stay within sight of a road, and such stuff :D

Every year tourists disappear here, and this is one of the most modern countries in the world, and people just vanish. "Cya later!" *gone forever*
There was even a case on the news about how our gvt deliberately withhold tourist-death-statistics, for obvious-ish reasons. Visiting Norway costs like a years salary allready, and then you´re gonna disappear in our wilderness on top of that

There´s nature and there´s nature tho (I´m on a Spanish keyboard, I don´t have the proper ´)
Don't you? Mine has ''''''''''''''

And about country work, i have to take care of my gramp's country home/familiar summer resort.
And lemme say, i'd wish to bring a flamethrower someday... After a month, the grass goes waist-high, the bushes are 4X the original size and the roof is falling again, and the rotting palm tree releases maggots and other disgusting bugs on hordes, and spiky plants and overgrown cacti tear clothing and skin.
But then i realize that it's almost completely quiet (mountain near Barcelona, planes go by every 5-10 minutes), the air is clean and smells nice, the birds are singing and my dog is chasing them around, the remnants of the burnt forest and the 2-story blooming almond tree are shrouded in bees and green... and then, with music/podcast or not, i feel like going to have a walk, to the cicling routes, the historic one or jusy try and go the next town. Max chill

Wasn't this about DOOM? The magic of derailment, i see

Actually thought about getting a sword of some type. Just a nice looking object to behold and look at.
I actually thought about forging my own sword... but then I moved to Canberra and there is no way I can set a forge here in the middle of the city, in a tiny unit with a backyard where 4 people struggle to fit all at once :violent:

I actually thought about forging my own sword... but then I moved to Canberra and there is no way I can set a forge here in the middle of the city, in a tiny unit with a backyard where 4 people struggle to fit all at once :violent:

There might be like a community work shop - type place where maybe for a price you could go and do your forging. I do know that we have communal places where at least some metal working is possible.

Actually thought about getting a sword of some type. Just a nice looking object to behold and look at.

I've actually been interested in getting into sword fighting (not fencing, actual medieval sword fighting), as well as archery. And be able to make my own weapons. It's just hard to know where to begin, and I don't have the money for it either. Plus, I'm fucking lazy.

For the medieval sword fighting, check Skallagrim's channel on Youtube. It's all about that.

For the medieval sword fighting, check Skallagrim's channel on Youtube. It's all about that.

Hehe, yeah I stayed up intil around 5 am this morning watching some of his videos amongst other things. I'm hugely interested in actual historic facts about weapons and armor, and he's pretty good at that.

Hehe, yeah I stayed up intil around 5 am this morning watching some of his videos amongst other things. I'm hugely interested in actual historic facts about weapons and armor, and he's pretty good at that.
You have seen the Dark Souls one, haven't ya?

You have seen the Dark Souls one, haven't ya?

Yeah, I think that's how I first found his channel.

Would love to see a game with Souls-like combat, but even more realistic. If I could make a game myself, that's the sort of combat I'd put it in. It's the main reason I'm interested in that upcoming game Kingdom Come, to see the supposedly realistic combat.

Last edited:
Speaking of laptops, I have to replace the keys and their mechanisms on mine since my cockatoo chewed some of them up while I was asleep, that was unfortunate.
Which I could keep that little monster from chewing things up.

Gran torino
Speaking of laptops, I have to replace the keys and their mechanisms on mine since my cockatoo chewed some of them up while I was asleep, that was unfortunate.
Which I could keep that little monster from chewing things up.
.... I left my laptop underneath the hole in my roof and it got rained on... If I hook it up to my tv I can see What I'm doing and If can use the on screen keyboard.... Then I can log in and then I can play fallout 1 & 2 as long as use an external mouse.

Yup. Under ?, right?

Yes. OCD averted!

Changing keyboards from one country to another is always a little challenge. Years ago, when I still had a little "home page", the url cointained the little "snake" - the thing on top of the "ñ" but sans the "n"
On most non-Spanish keyboards it's right there on the keyboard, but here - I still don't know where to find it (but luckily, I no longer need to :D)

Back