General Discussion Thread of DOOM

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
I once started learning dvorak keyboard layout while installing a barebones linux with no gui (pure console mode). Now that was quite an interesting challange, even more so since i did not have the keys redone to suit the new layout, so i was guessing half the time. I also learned to touch tpye with the colemak layout. Both dvorak and colemak are much better for the fingers, but changing computers and settings everytime i reinstalled something was a bit tough. Once i learned dvorak, i kind of forgot how to write in qwerty, so i had to relearn it (it was quite fast though, as my fingers had that memory, but were confused by the new moves) and now i just learned to touch type with qwerty. I do miss those other layouts, qwerty is a bit left heavy with chaotic movements all over the place.

I didn't even know there were other standard keyboard layouts in English. I thought those things went away with the typewriters.

I just bought a £1 pepperoni pizza from Asda, which crisped well and was nice. I plan to get another, because it was just as good and cheaper than the Dr Otekers one.

Moving on, we used to have a deputy PM who could box like a boss:
article-0-11C87DF3000005DC-487_468x370.jpg

I'm currently browsing the internet with midori (a minimal open source browser), which does not have javascript (the internet works much faster without javascript) and it's pretty annoying to see some websites which are completely unacessible without javascript. GOG does not work at all, youtube too, though what is curious that you can actually stream youtube videos through VLC player and bypass their javascript and cookie requiriment. Now i understand google, because they want to rule the world, but these other websites are getting more bloated for no practical reason at all, at this rate your browser will have to do heavy 3d rendering, with the gpu, just to read the fucking news articles. These website designer shoud read this:

http://motherfuckingwebsite.com/

That's why I love my full tower PC, that thing is fucking super heavy so if anyone tried to carry it they would have to lug it or break their feet if they dropped it. Not that anyone would get the chance too steal it anyways.

Hey thanks. I guess I'm blind sometimes. And/or stupid.
Nah I had that problem myself at first until I decided to see what the plus symbol did. :P

Still, I'd notify the cops, if at all possible.
Thanks for your concern mate. But this isn't the first time we've been robbed. Each time the cops were kinda useless. Plus ma has a warrant for her arrest for missing a court date or some BS. I dunno I don't really pay attention to her anymore. :p

Back