General Discussion Thread of DOOM

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
Thanks for your concern mate. But this isn't the first time we've been robbed. Each time the cops were kinda useless. Plus ma has a warrant for her arrest for missing a court date or some BS. I dunno I don't really pay attention to her anymore. :p

You could be bs'ing and in that case "haha, very funny" but what you describe could be true in some cases. In that case if I were you I'd contact the officials in your area, the cops might point you in the right direction. Social workers or something. They might help you figure out your situation. I'm sure you don't want the cops busting in SWAT-style later on.

I have never voted and I don't ever plan on voting, this is something I think is great, but my friends seem to think it's stupid of me, I just want to ask is voting that important?

Hehehe cops, they're so useless around in my parts. Especially around where my dads lives, though I can't say I blame them too much.

Huh, I live in a small small town in sweden, it's a large area but very minor populated we have like 3 police officers over around 70 kilometers of land all going north, but they are helpful, and they are always nice when we're out drinking and run into them, I think they are the best police officers in the world!

The ones in the city about 10 kilometers south, those are assholes who are loud violent and arrogant, sometimes they are here to enforce the current 2, since they are too few for some events, and they are never nice or helpful.

Small town cops however they rule!

I have never voted and I don't ever plan on voting, this is something I think is great, but my friends seem to think it's stupid of me, I just want to ask is voting that important?
well usually neither of your choices are great ones and whether or not you yourself vote someone gets elected so... I'm gonna say... no.

Was soldering my chewed up wire from my old keyboard no thanks to my bird. Also checking out that thread where one of the staff who didn't reveal anything secret somehow caused the RPG Codex to lose the interview with inXile. I can't believe they have stooped that low all because I'm sure Fargo checked the TTON console thread and became salty over it, what a shame.

Question, is there anyone here with two degrees from different fields? I know Hassknecht has studied a lot in his 'hard, technical' field. Been thinking about studying maybe a new degree or continuing with further studies with the old one.

Question, is there anyone here with two degrees from different fields? I know Hassknecht has studied a lot in his 'hard, technical' field. Been thinking about studying maybe a new degree or continuing with further studies with the old one.

What's your current degree?

Presidential? Depends on the size of your country/state(depending on how the vote counts go) If you live in a heavy populated area? No, your votes are like drops of water in the Pacific Ocean. Otherwise, you're good.

Presidential? Depends on the size of your country/state(depending on how the vote counts go) If you live in a heavy populated area? No, your votes are like drops of water in the Pacific Ocean. Otherwise, you're good.

It's still important to vote. The problem isn't that your vote does nothing, the problem is that so many people don't care. And personally I don't think you get to complain about shit if you don't use your right as a citizen to vote. It's lazy and arrogant not to.

I think, voting for Hillary just to complain later how shit she is and that you had no choice beacuse Trump was such an ass is much worse.

Voting is important, but people sometimes act like it's a sacred cow. You can decide not to vote and still complain about why the candidates suck. Infact, I would even say this gives you even more reason to do it, beacuse you decided that neither of them deserve your vote.

Well, I can kind of agree. But there isn't only Trump or Hillary. The problem is that people decide not to vote independantly, because they feel their vote is wasted. Which it is not. A vote is never wasted. If you don't vote for the change you want to see, you're gonna have to accept the shit you get. It's pretty easy. A democratic system feeds on people using their votes. If you don't use your vote, you obviously don't want a democracy.

It's still important to vote. The problem isn't that your vote does nothing, the problem is that so many people don't care. And personally I don't think you get to complain about shit if you don't use your right as a citizen to vote. It's lazy and arrogant not to.
I don't think we should vote for presidents. Senate, mayors and whatever else there is that I forgot *should* be voted. Most of the time (emphasis on most), they are just a figure to blame for a countries problems. If you are saying anyone who doesn't vote for president doesn't get to complain about them, I agree. If you are saying doesn't get to complain about politics, eh, I disagree but not enough to make a post about it.

What's your current degree?

A degree in a language (MA). I also have quite a bit of studies on top of that degree, basic studies (25 study credits) from a bunch of areas etc. Also quite a bit of IT-stuff courses but not a degree from that. I could do further studies at my earlier degree or start a completely new one. The basic studies, work experience, etc. that I've completed could supplement the new degree.

I actually applied to a place last spring and was accepted but I'm not sure if that stuff is what I want to study.

I realised how much better it is in South England than the North. After a week spent bush crafting in the beautiful East Sussex woods, and going to the pubs after, and staying in the nicest hotel ever, going back to the shitty fucking north is a massive punch in the gut.

Last edited:
Still beats probably the Siberan steppe by a mile.

could you imagine looking at this for all of your live? No surprise that the Germans invading Russia thought everything was 'dull'.

02-14-kz-steppe.jpg

In the movie Stalingrad, there is this joke they make, like how do you know the train was actually moving? The scenery never changes.

I realised how much better it is in South England than the North. After a week spent bush crafting in the beautiful East Sussex woods, and going to the pubs after, and staying in the nicest hotel ever, going back to shitty fucking Wakefield is a massive punch in the gut.

I liked Exeter and the area around it. I hear Hastings is nice too, havent' visited there. Near Exeter in a town called Exmouth that's by the coast, it was kind of chilly in January - March. The landlord turned off the heat at 11 pm and it was better to be under bed covers by then because it got cold very quick. I wore a woollen sweater when I slept.

I'd like to visit Edinburg, it looks really nice and interesting.

Still beats probably the Siberan steppe by a mile.

could you imagine looking at this for all of your live? No surprise that the Germans invading Russia thought everything was 'dull'.

02-14-kz-steppe.jpg

In the movie Stalingrad, there is this joke they make, like how do you know the train was actually moving? The scenery never changes.

I think that's beatiful. Might change my mind if I had to live in it, though.

Back