General Discussion Thread of DOOM

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
That is messed up. However, and this is a matter for yet another 100 + page thread, I'm not sure a hardline (to a certain extent) does not work when it comes to drug crime.

Well, this is Duterte we're talking about after all. I do not kno much about the situation, but fom what I've seen...

Well, this is Duterte we're talking about after all. I do not kno much about the situation, but fom what I've seen...

Yes, he's clearly a real hardline guy. However, the people who don't like Duterte don't seem to come up with alternative ways for Philippines, or China or any other hardline nations, on how to deal with substance abuse. It seems to me that a nation like China with a population of 1 billion + is doing ok. They have drug use but afaik not as much as in the west especially in US. So, who's right and who's wrong? I wish that a soft line would work, education, prevention, rehabilitation, etc. but it seems like it doesn't or the west is doing it badly. Which is it?

Flu remedies, anyone got any? Some I'm already aware of: spicy food, honey, garlic and onions, vitamin c, other vitamins, some hot alcoholic beverages such as a 'hot toddy' (liquer, honey, herbs, spices), and something else. Late July I had a brief fever, it went over. Persistent cough emerged. Now some fever again. Possibly haven't rested enough.

I rarely have flus/fevers at summer. Kinda sucks.

Flu remedies, anyone got any? Some I'm already aware of: spicy food, honey, garlic and onions, vitamin c, other vitamins, some hot alcoholic beverages such as a 'hot toddy' (liquer, honey, herbs, spices), and something else. Late July I had a brief fever, it went over. Persistent cough emerged. Now some fever again. Possibly haven't rested enough.

I rarely have flus/fevers at summer. Kinda sucks.
Stop being sick and be awesome instead.

Or, you know, you could simply just take some good meds. Sounds crazy I know!

Well there really arent' meds for flu. You can take vitamin c, if that qualifies as a med, or a mixture of vitamin c, caffeine and aspirin that they sell over here.

Mostly people just say that "if you have the flu you just gotta heal with time". Ok but what if it goes on for 3 weeks +?

Flu is caused by a virus, so antibiotics have zero effect there.
Vitamins, preferably from fruit and vegetables, and basically resting along with fluid is the only solution. Healthy diet above all, vitamins by themselves don't have much effect. You shouldn't drink alcohol at all.

Not sure why it has been going over for more than three weeks, that is uncommon. You should stop using drugs, that shit has effect on immune system. Or visit a doctor, ffs.

Burning man - live stream.

"Whoa it's like out there, duuude, way in the desert. No cops, you can like, smoke weed and drive around on a bicycle, duuuude."

Back