General Discussion Thread of DOOM

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
Right. I get that. But I'm not talking about that. I mean that if what Nintendo is doing is something they have to do to protect their IP and copyright then does that mean that Bethesda's IP copyrights are vulnerable? Of course it would be suicide for them to go after these kinds of mods for their game but that is irrelevant to me. The point is still; Nintendo is doing this because if they do not then it will hurt their copyrights integrity. Bethesda isn't doing this for fan-made new games. So is Nintendo overreacting or are the right and is Bethesda's integrity already damaged?

Nintendo is just run by old farts. They don't understand how to properly use the internet or fan support. They still think they live in the 80's and it shows. They still release heavily censored transalations of most of their games, produce artificially limited amounts of really cheap toys and keep trying to sell their home consoles on gimmicky peripheral first.

So what is going on with denuvo, i keep hearing that they have supposedly been cracked by some team?

Again, the point I'm trying to make here is that if someone's fan-made game hurts the integrity of the copyright of a holder's IP to the point that one has to send out a bunch of DMCA's and get them shut down how come another IP holder isn't doing the same? Is Bethesda going to lose control over their copyright with Fallout because of the TC mods for Fallout 2 as well as DLC-sized mods for FNV/FO3? Or is Nintendo simply wrong?
I think the easiest answer is, because Nintendo has more dicks working for them, compared to Bethesda.

But a more realistic answer is probably that when you deal with this kind of legal stuff, it is highly complex and usually never 100% clear. I mean, we are not talking about something like murder here. That's why you have it settled so often infront of a court or between two laywers. Nintendo might be simply more protective here then Bethesda, where Bethesda thinks, meh, if shit hits the fan, we will bomb them with laywers. Which works most of the time, like with modders and smaller companies because they don't have the resources for long legal battles, and thus they simply give up - see Mojang and his Scroll-Card game, where he simply droped the name and changed it. But who knows? If he decided to battle with Bethesda he might have even won and allowed to use the term Scroll in his game. If you have two big companies fighting each other, like let us say Samsung and Apple, over who has the right over touch screens, things can become very ugly. And years of fighting. Just to settle things outside of court ...

So in order words, Nintendo might see user created content more as a threat, based on some obscure legal definitions, where Bethesda doesn't feel that mods by users will really damage them realistically. And the cases where it does, they simply sue.

Last edited:
I am not sure about that. Remember, Nintendo is a japanese company.
naked-sushi-marina-del-rey-ca.jpg

:lr:Thailand =/= Japan.
Don't be a racist dick, Atomkilla.

I know, all Charlies look the same! But, they sure are not!

An article:
"Jews. You can’t live with them. You can’t shoot them. Well, you can, but this is the New Statesman."
"If you are interested in the liberation of aryans, you’ll find that the biggest barrier to this is jews: jews as a class. I used to think, “I don’t hate all jews.” I had therapy and everything. Now, I think that any intelligent aryan hates jews. There are very few problems in the world that don’t have, at the root of them, jewish greed and aryan-hating."
"The more I hate jews (#YesAllJews), the more I don’t mind individual ones, actually, as it is clear that some can be entertaining for a while. Before you even bother whingeing that my hatred of the taskmasters of Zionism is somehow equivalent to systematic suppression of aryans, to the ongoing killing, rape and torture and erasure of white folks, know this: I once made exceptions. I was wrong."
Just kidding, the author doesn't hate jews. Well, not all jews, just half of them. But it's ok, she hates them because of their genetics, not because they're jews.

An article:
"Jews. You can’t live with them. You can’t shoot them. Well, you can, but this is the New Statesman."
"If you are interested in the liberation of aryans, you’ll find that the biggest barrier to this is jews: jews as a class. I used to think, “I don’t hate all jews.” I had therapy and everything. Now, I think that any intelligent aryan hates jews. There are very few problems in the world that don’t have, at the root of them, jewish greed and aryan-hating."
"The more I hate jews (#YesAllJews), the more I don’t mind individual ones, actually, as it is clear that some can be entertaining for a while. Before you even bother whingeing that my hatred of the taskmasters of Zionism is somehow equivalent to systematic suppression of aryans, to the ongoing killing, rape and torture and erasure of white folks, know this: I once made exceptions. I was wrong."
Just kidding, the author doesn't hate jews. Well, not all jews, just half of them. But it's ok, she hates them because of their genetics, not because they're jews.

How did this creature procreate? And where is the comments section?

Yeah, I had one of those Voodoo accelerator cards, too. You know, an additional graphics card that you externally connected to your normal card so you'd have awesome 3DFX capabilities. 3DFX was the shit back then.

An article:
I was getting very excited until that last sentence.
39a.jpg

Last edited:
Back