General Discussion Thread of DOOM

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
Looking at that Burning man - feed, there's huge dust devils in the background. If a huge one, dust tornado?, would hit those hipsters, they'd be crying.

Anyone want to discuss cars? Somebody list their top 5 cars:
I'll go first:
  1. Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
  2. Ford Focus RS3 (350hp 2.3 petrol six speed manual)
  3. Ford Mustang Fastback 5.0 V8 GT
  4. BMW M4 Convertible (431 BHP) competition package
  5. Audi RS 7 Sportback 4.0 TFSI quattro tiptronic

In no particular order:
1. Datsun 240z
2. Ford Falcon XB GT
3. Aston Martin DB7
4. Plymouth Barracuda '69
5. Opel Manta

fuck the special relationship
first-world-anarchist-7.jpg

looks like they're filming Mad Max 5 or something.
I'm going to try and keep my expectations down cause I have a feeling that this is the case of "if the sequel doesn't top its predecessor then it is automatically going to feel underwhelming". I hope they explore a bit more on post-apoc cultures, I loved that aspect of Fury Road.

Anyway, Idiocracy relevancy:
And+its+happening_20d77f_6020450.jpg

Yes, my thread has grown quite large over time. Soon it will take over GD and next the world! MWHAHAHAHAHA!

:drunk:

I'm going to try and keep my expectations down cause I have a feeling that this is the case of "if the sequel doesn't top its predecessor then it is automatically going to feel underwhelming". I hope they explore a bit more on post-apoc cultures, I loved that aspect of Fury Road.

Anyway, Idiocracy relevancy:
And+its+happening_20d77f_6020450.jpg
Now sponsored by Dew and Doritos TM.

f4b92d_6022071.jpg

So I got a question. If Nintendo has to do this in order to protect their intellectual properties copyright then how come Bethesda is fine with people making entire Fallout games? I mean, one could argue that they are just TC mods but still, they're games, original ones created by others. So if Bethesda's IP is still protected then how come Nintendo has to go and do this?

f4b92d_6022071.jpg

So I got a question. If Nintendo has to do this in order to protect their intellectual properties copyright then how come Bethesda is fine with people making entire Fallout games? I mean, one could argue that they are just TC mods but still, they're games, original ones created by others. So if Bethesda's IP is still protected then how come Nintendo has to go and do this?
The only theory I got is that if Beth stopped their fans from makin mods/games then they'd have far less people to steal idea from.

I'm talking legally though. The post on FunnyJunk where I got that from got a comment section that went into how they need to protect their copyright or else it sets a precedent for the future. Basically, if they don't protect their IP now when someone is making a fan-made Zelda game then if someone does it further down the line and it begins to infringe on their IP then legally the latter one would be able to point out that they didn't protect it before so what right do they have to shut them down now? So if Nintendo is worried about this kind of stuff, why isn't Bethesda? Is Nintendo simply more of an asshat than Bethesda?

Bethesda's entire appeal comes from it's mods. Not the case with Nintendo.

Bethesda's entire appeal comes from it's mods. Not the case with Nintendo.
Again, the point I'm trying to make here is that if someone's fan-made game hurts the integrity of the copyright of a holder's IP to the point that one has to send out a bunch of DMCA's and get them shut down how come another IP holder isn't doing the same? Is Bethesda going to lose control over their copyright with Fallout because of the TC mods for Fallout 2 as well as DLC-sized mods for FNV/FO3? Or is Nintendo simply wrong?

Yes. They did. Not talking about other IP's infringing upon the "name" of Bethesda's IP's though. Again, fan-made stuff. TC-mods or DLC-sized nu-Fallout mods that could be considered their own games.

Bethesda knows the only thing keeping their games afloat is mods. If they went after them it would be pr suicide.

Back