General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Retook Trails of Cold Steel 4 since I stopped playing games for a while. Lotta catching up to do. 30 hours in and apparently not even through act 1.

I enjoy some of the Spike CHunsoft Point and click adventures but one thing that always annoys me, specially now is how much they are always on Coomer brain mode, like I don't mind vulgar jokes and the occasional fan service moment but AI the Somnium files just gets a bit annoying. Maybe the Nonary games guy and the Danganronpa writers should consider jerking off before writing instead of doing it during the process?

Fan service is a feature not a bug, haha.
Just about anything that deals with anime is overly horny in design. It even infects the concept art. Anime and jrpgs have always had this, but I feel it's a lot worse these days.

Around 35 hours into Tactics Ogre. I thought i would be burned out quickly after playing Tactics A2 for like 80 hours (and i haven't finished the postgame), but somehow i'm still going and not gonna stop anytime soon because the game just gets better and better as it goes on.

Got the neutral route, but i learned after you beat a route the game allows the player to just go back to the first branching path in the story and gives the player the choice to try the other two routes. So you don't have to play basically the entire first chapter if you want to experience all routes. Specially because each route is actually different, with different story beats and characters to recruit.

Also got into recruit monsters with Beast Tamer and managed to recruit a Dragon and a Gryphon.

Recruited a Golem in the last session. I had to do some research to find out that Warlocks are the ones that can recruit them.

Also forgot to mention two great new features in the Reborn version: experience charms and the ability to speed up animations. The former allows you to basically juice up a new character or a character that has fallen behind, meaning you don't need to grind to bring them up to speed, and the latter makes battles go so much faster. The speed up animations is specially a godsend because the amount of bodies in one fight can be ridiculous, i'm talking around 28 to 30 in one single fight.

Started to unlock optional content in Chapter 4 in Tactics Ogre and it's great stuff. Recruited Azeltan (he's a pirate) and his sidequest is pretty good, even if i had to research on how to do some of it because some of the triggers for his quest depends on where you are in the main quest.

Also been on a monster recruting binge and found a completely busted one. Lizardman with the knuckles weapon class (i forget its name) is ridiculous. It's tanky, deals insane amounts of damage and it has a completely busted skill which is literally a ranged punch that deals very high damage.

Finding the busted shit in tactical games is one of the best things in them for me.

Been playing High on Life with Gamepass.
Game gives me giggles at points. It's buggy as fuck tho, I have had to reload to last checkpoint like 8 times now because an event failed to load and it would prevent any progress, for example on the Sand Dunes level, I had to clear a number of mobs before being let into Dregtown but the last Mob didn't spawn at all. Reloaded the checkpoint and then the Mob spawned on top of me, I am also playing on the hardest starting difficulty so it was pretty tough because the game also auto saves constantly. THe guns are fun to use and the puzzles make me think more of a FPS version of Megaman X. If you can't stand Roiland's Morty voice schtick, or him (for current events reasons) then you will probably get sick of it, altho there are cameos from the Red Letter Media guys and some online animators. I wouldn't reccomend buying it but its on Gamepass so it's ok.

6/10 so far.

Last edited:
Just finished playing the Dead Space Remake. It was fucking awesome, i do encourage people to play original though as it still holds up mostly. Soon i'm gonna be playing that new version of Witcher 3.

Back