General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

I never understand how people enjoy 1 so much but not 2. Outside of bugs and glitches. Also the first one was by Bioware while 2 is Obisidian.
I probably enjoyed KOTOR 1 because to my knowledge, we'd never had a Star Wars RPG before. I liked tweaking the lightsabers and other gear and I felt the story was well executed. I liked the interaction with the companions. And sorry, I often get Bioware and Obsidian confused.

I got to a point in my KOTOR 2 run where the game seemingly would not let me proceed due to bugs. I think I just got distracted and lost interest and never tried again.

Now there's all sorts of games since but I feel they may be too "action" for me, so I never tried those. Anyone ever play Fallen Order, for example?

I did try Star Wars: The Old Republic and that did not hold my interest.

Anyone ever play Fallen Order, for example?
Yeah was pretty fun. Felt pretty much like a Souls game but with some more mainstream tendencies. I enjoyed it though.
I got to a point in my KOTOR 2 run where the game seemingly would not let me proceed due to bugs. I think I just got distracted and lost interest and never tried again.
Ah, can't fault you on that. Most of the best games I've played are buggy as fuck but it's hard to fault anyone for bouncing off them for having their shit fucked up for bad code.

I finished a campaign run of Battletech, which lasted about 50 hours. Pretty fun. I will hold off replaying it until I can get all the DLC.

Watching the PS State of Play:

Concord barely showed any gameplay but the little it did show reminded me of Destiny Crucible which I was a big fan of when I still played Destiny (D1 crucible > D2 Crucible), I looked it up and Ryan Ellis is the game director and co-founder of the studio and spent 7 years at Bungie. I imagine he worked on Destiny.

Some interesting action games will probably be disappointing and take after Soulslikes.

The Silent Hill 2 remake looking rough, and Angela and James look bad. Not excited at all.

The New Monster Hunter and Astrobot game looks interesting.

Any thoughts on the state of play?

Of course there is one, gotta remake everything because most of gaming these days is just a bunch of creatively bankrupt idiots redoing old games for memberries.
Too bad for them I'm not buying it.

iu

[edit]

Closed+draconian+distorted_feecf6_11634965.jpg

Closed+draconian+distorted_784c88_11634965.jpg

:thinking:

I don't buy them either, a lot of these remakes are pointless and add hardly anything to the original.

I don't buy them either, a lot of these remakes are pointless and add hardly anything to the original.
Pretty much.
The only remakes I enjoyed was REvil 2R, 3R and 4R.

2R because it's just genuinely a good game. Mr X following you around and the over the shoulder style really changes the design of it.

3R because it is almost a different game from the original.

And 4R because I fucking hate the original as a REvil title.

Like, in my eyes REvil's canoninity stops before 4. However if the new remakes are intended to kinda clean up the story and try to give everything a bit more of a consistent tone then I think 4R is great for that and willing to accept it as canon.

Other than those I dunno if there are any remakes I really care about.

Remake of 3 was complete trash, changed Jill's personality into a complete bitch and removed areas and bosses from the original. Also that Nemesis design, because literal garbage bags make for some really intimidating shit.

Remake of 4 was completely pointless because the original was the first game in the series to do the over the shoulder third person gameplay.

Like I said, I think of 3 as an entirely different game and I like it.
4 original was a fun game but trash REvil game. :shrug:

I really don't much care for any remakes that I've played. When I want to go back and play a classic game that I love, I want to re-experience that original version with it's mechanics and artistic vision intact. I find that with pretty much all remakes, too many creative liberties are taken that change so much of artistic vision and design principles of the original game.

I've played the remakes of Spyro, Demon Souls, System Shock, and Batman Arkham Asylum (if you count that as a remake). All of those remakes are well made and enjoyable interpretations of the original. However they are all very different games from their originals from an artistic or gameplay standpoint (or both in the case of System Shock). So I guess call me a purist but I just rather go back and play the originals then the new remade versions made by completely different developers.

I feel remakes are only necessary for flawed games that have the potential to be good. Otherwise, a remaster or update that runs the game on modern hardware would suffice. Konami could have attempted a faithful remaster of the first 4 silent hill games (not the fuckup that was the HD collection) instead of this remake.

Anyway, the Ashes: Hard Reset release trailer is coming out soon. I've played the first few levels of Ashes: Afterglow and dig it, so I'll have to finish the game.

Enjoy man, haven't played skyrim in a while but really into oblivion too atm when I get tired of NV.
I want to get more into Oblivion, but it's in a very weird middle ground for me, where it isn't as comforting to me as Skyrim, but it lacks the Mechanical Depth of Morrowind

Cyrodil is a genuinely awesome world though, and the quest design is genuinely so good to me.

I feel pretty much the same way with Skyrim. Oblivion was my first TES so that’s probably why. I haven’t spend nearly enough time with Skyrim as I have Oblivion or even Morrowind. And yea I agree, the quests feel very satisfying in Oblivion. Shivering Isles is also a solid dlc. Want to start a new Skyrim playthrough, any fun playstyles you recommend?

Played and beat the main story of Paper Mario Thousand Year Door remake for the Switch. This is still probably my favorite Mario RPG, only contested with Bowser's Inside Story.

Apparently the switch remake added two new bosses that are stronger than the final boss, so gotta fight those.

Back