General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

I recommend switching from real time to turn based depending on what kind of fight you're in (if you aren't doing that already, of course)

Edit: @CrustyKestrel

Playing Drakensang: The River of Time. Big improvement on the first, pretty damn solid game, though with noticeable flaws.

Chronicles of Riddick, Escape from Butcher Bay.

I have mixed opinions. I'm starting to get tired of the gameplay (I'm escaping the mines)
I really liked the beginning where not every NPC was evil and out to get you.

-I'm playing Arcanum as a good mage with my killer dog by my side.

-Bad company 2 for my multiplayer needs.

-I'm looking into Risen but can't make up my mind.
Did anyone here play it, what kind of RPG is it?

playing morrowind overhaul (a mod that enhances the sound and graphics of the game, and is community supported (and needs both expansions / GOTY edition) looks great and not that hard to install, but is a big download, 1.6gig (currently the latest version can be got from the main website / forum that is Italian, (but it works on all versions / languages of the game)

here

if you are a fan of morrowind, check it out, morrowind looks utter gorgeous now, and sounds great too, been ages since I last played it

Brother None said:
Playing Drakensang: The River of Time. Big improvement on the first, pretty damn solid game, though with noticeable flaws.
I think they did a really good job with the tief and his skills this time. Particularly as he can only use them in combat when he is really stealing sometimes and thus pleasing his god.

I_eat_supermutants said:
For some odd reason I have Jagged Alliance from GoG....I didn't buy it but it's there......:shrug:

They gave that out as a reward for being signed up with them during beta.

Currently playing Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, fancied me some old school jrpg.

TheRatKing said:

I have mixed opinions. I'm starting to get tired of the gameplay (I'm escaping the mines)
I really liked the beginning where not every NPC was evil and out to get you.

You're going to love the mobile armour segment, man.

TheRatKing said:

Gawd, i played and finished that on the hardest setting on the ps3. It was a real torture, especially when i found out that i had to play through the whole damn thing again in order to get the trophy for the Normal finish!

PainlessDocM said:

Risen is a ARPG, hack and slash combat requires tactics as simply mashing the attack button would get you killed in no time.

- C&C are abound but they don't affect the ending.

- side quests are abound, varied and enjoyable

- There is also faction implementation (faction based quest, faction-based enemies)

- Dialog is quite good (well at least for me)

- Good graphics, character models are cartoon-ish though

- Its a bit slow paced in terms of character leveling (you earn points which you need to be eligible for training-which costs money, lots of money and money is quite difficult to earn here)

I can't comment much on the implementation of range and magick based combat as I focused on fighter build

Overall, I very much enjoyed playing this game. BUT, play it on PC, because the console versions are quite atrocious

Hope this helps.

PainlessDocM said:

Its very similar to Gothic 1 and 2 (From the same guys, after the G3 debacle). The first few chapters are pretty good, it turns a bit into too much of h&s towards the end for my tastes. Apart from that, pretty much what small framed said. Its one of the few fantasy-games where ranged combat is viable. Take bows and dex instead of crossbows. Magic is harder at the beginning but later its practically cheating.

To stay on topic: Giving Drakensang TRoT a solo playthrough (as far as possible, sometimes you need a companion).

As always..... Playing Team Fortress 2. For some reason i just can't get excited about games as much as i used to, it just feels like a guilty pleasure, like i should be doing something more usefull. Anyone else get that feeling?

Sword of the Stars. Best worst game ever.

It's a space based 4X game with a mix of turn-based strategic turns, and realtime tactical battles. Two full expansions that each bring a new race and big changes to it's tech tree and and add new depth to diplomacy and what not, and one little expansion pack that adds a whole shitload of tech to the techtree, giving a whole bunch of new weapons and ship segments.

AskWazzup said:
For some reason i just can't get excited about games as much as i used to, it just feels like a guilty pleasure, like i should be doing something more usefull. Anyone else get that feeling?

Only when getting fustrated/bored on/of some games.
What else could me more useful?!

Back