NFL 2011

Not going to happen, unless he comes out of he abbreviated camp looking and playing like a black Peyton Hillis. Cleveland is who we're modeling the new offense this year on, which will give Reggie some of his scatback moments, but he doesn't have the size to do the rest.

You guys want to be Cleveland?

Eh....good luck with that, I guess. Lofty goals and all.

Last year, as much as I hate to say it, Cleveland > Miami in terms of offense. I'll take it if it means we go 10-6 again. I like Sparano as a coach, and I think we should keep him around, but another losing season or dead-even and he's probably out.

To me Miami looks like a franchise without direction. Since Holmgren got to Cleveland they at least give the appearance of direction.

At least you're not Cincy or Oakland. They have negative direction.

So how you like dem apples chumps? Seattle added Sidney Rice, Zach Miller (the good one), Brandon Mebane, Robert Gallery. That's a lot of talent on offense!

...except QB.

...and our defense will kinda suck ass.

Brother None said:
...except QB.
TarJax takes more heat than he deserves, IMO. I guess he's an easy target.

He's not going to win you a superbowl, but he has a strong arm, he's fairly mobile, and he sometimes strings together two or three good looking quarters. His problem is inconsistency, and that he's not clutch. He always seems to make mistakes when the game is on the line. If the rest of the team is good, he's capable of sneaking the Seahawks into the playoffs with maybe 9 wins.

UniversalWolf said:
To me Miami looks like a franchise without direction. Since Holmgren got to Cleveland they at least give the appearance of direction
Parcells has a scorched earth policy when he leaves franchises. It probably, and intentionally helps to enhance his image.

I still don't understand choosing Ray Handley as his successor in NY, then not flying back with the Pats after the SB, hand-picking Belichik to replace him on the Jets only to have him resign 24 hours later and bolt to the Pats. He left the job unfinished in Dallas, but can't blame him, why would JJ hire the coach that is the most famous for wanting roster control.

His career arc is one of diminishing returns and successively shorter stints.

I'm going to put the blame on his work in Miami being unfinished on Stephen Ross, the new owner. Bill knew what he was getting on with with Huizenga, but then the old man just had to go and sell off the team... Stephen puts too much emphasis on winning now, not for building a foundation to last decades on.

Mallett looked good already. I predict that a) the Pats will eventually trade Brady to the Niners, or b) the Vikings will pay a king's ransom to the Pats to get Mallett when they could easily have drafted him themselves.

Tebow looked bad. He should be a tight end.

Gabbert looked pretty good for his first action.

Russ Okung needs a nickname...something like Uh-Oh-kung, 'cause every time he gets hurt you say, "Uh-oh!"

UniversalWolf said:
Mallett looked good already. I predict that a) the Pats will eventually trade Brady to the Niners, or b) the Vikings will pay a king's ransom to the Pats to get Mallett when they could easily have drafted him themselves.
I hope they trade him in a few while he still has some value, to some stupid, desperate club. I question if BB would send him to SF for sentimental reasons, I mean, if the Raiders offered more, I see BB doing what is best for the long-term future of the franchise.

Mallet does look good for a rook, he's got the tools, but he'll be riding pine for many years though. Hoyer is still better and on a shorter contract, he's the most likely of the three to leave first.

Mallet has the potential to be a very good franchise QB I think. Country-ass Arkansas redneck wigger what he is.

Tebow looked bad. He should be a tight end.
How about left out. :D ehue

Ryan Mallett was basically completely clean throughout the game. Him looking good when that happens is no surprise. Need to see how he handles it when the pocket breaks down.

UniversalWolf said:
Russ Okung needs a nickname...something like Uh-Oh-kung, 'cause every time he gets hurt you say, "Uh-oh!"

Someone suggest Br-Okung.

*sighs*

TwinkieGorilla said:
Pre-season already, eh? That came quick. This is going to basically be a televised training camp of sloppy diapers, isn't it?

Haven't been so bad so far. Most baddest: kickoff rules.

Sander said:
Ryan Mallett was basically completely clean throughout the game. Him looking good when that happens is no surprise. Need to see how he handles it when the pocket breaks down.
He didn't handle it too well against Ohio State in his bowl game last year, although he played better once he stopped pouting like a sissy. Still, he should get thicker skin as he matures, despite being a country-ass Arkansas redneck wigger. :mrgreen:

That's the only time I'd seen him play in college (not knowing it was Tressel's swan song), and I only watched enough to see him throw some horrendous picks. He's got the mobility of a tree. I wouldn't sweat it much, he's #3 and won't be seen from again until preseason next year, and the year after.

I'm more eager to see what an actual starter like Haynesworth (is willing to?) bring to the table at this point.

Back