No Man's Sky is a huge (marketing) success

You know, with games it is fun, I mean hey! It is their money, so when they want to throw it down the drain, their choice, I mean we all laugh and joke about it. But remember the same people that supported games based on E3 trailers, like No Mans Sky, are also allowed to vote, or at least when they turn 18 ... and suddenly you stop laughing ...
15n1de.jpg

You know, with games it is fun, I mean hey! It is their money, so when they want to throw it down the drain, their choice, I mean we all laugh and joke about it. But remember the same people that supported games based on E3 trailers, like No Mans Sky, are also allowed to vote, or at least when they turn 18 ... and suddenly you stop laughing ...
Implying that non-gamers and older folks are any more politically adept.

Not necessarily non-gamers, but older folks tend to be more jaded and wary of scams and bullshit. Well, until they reach such an age that they become again more susceptible to scams and bullshit.

Not necessarily non-gamers, but older folks tend to be more jaded and wary of scams and bullshit. Well, until they reach such an age that they become again more susceptible to scams and bullshit.

You shouldn't go around implying that young folk aren't at the peak of their intellectual capacity, it really hurts their immature feelings, often resulting in ragey reactions of immaturity

The same, of course, goes for old folk

Lets not derail this any further, so what exactly is the point of the game? Is there a storyline? Does it have a survivalism feel to it where the point is to simply survive as long as possible? Like, what do you actually do in the game apart from resource gathering and sightseeing?

Lets not derail this any further, so what exactly is the point of the game? Is there a storyline? Does it have a survivalism feel to it where the point is to simply survive as long as possible? Like, what do you actually do in the game apart from resource gathering and sightseeing?

It's got a very loose goal.
Essentially you just have to make it to the centre of the Universe.

Well, bad wording, I mean a large portion of the gamers are under 18, so naturally they can't vote yet. Doesn't mean that ALL young folks are idiots. But as Hass said, sometimes experience can make you whiser, if not inherently more intelligent, but at least you might not repeat the same mistake twice. I mean this is anecdotal, but if I simply compare how I do things now, with my 16-19 year old younger self? I would slap the shit out of him. Just for fun! That's how much of an idiot I was.

Has anyone done it?

I think so, I was mildly curious of what they experienced, but not curious enough to Google or Youtube or really wonder any more than a few seconds at the time

It would be cool if you were simply transported to another procedurally generated galaxy
That would also explain the insane multitude of stars in the game

Obviously, no cooler than practically re-starting the game as a result of "completing" it

According to 9gag (a very trustworthy source, of course) there's a deep story somewhere. But these are the same people who also masturbated about how deep Fallout 4 was, so, yeah.

I mean this is anecdotal, but if I simply compare how I do things now, with my 16-19 year old younger self? I would slap the shit out of him. Just for fun! That's how much of an idiot I was.
I couldn't agree with you more on this. Then again if I could meet my younger self I'd also probably give myself a good spanking and make young me call me mommy.

Is that the opinion of the same types of people who were online talking about how emotionally powerful "kid in the fridge" quest was. Because if so then its safe to assume that NMS does not have a strong storyline.

View attachment 4778
- http://jezebel.com/why-isnt-it-called-no-womans-sky-1785411230

On top of everything else the vigilant heroes over at Jezebel has pointed out an obvious flaw with the game and that is that it is like SO sexist.

What bothers me about shit like this is that in their valiant effort at defending women, they are going to cause the greatest backlash against equality in the history of mankind, "WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOOOOLF I SAY WOOOOOLF!!!"

What bothers me about shit like this is that in their valiant effort at defending women, they are going to cause the greatest backlash against equality in the history of mankind, "WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOOOOLF I SAY WOOOOOLF!!!"
Yeah, it's quite obvious just a troll attempt to justify their own existence. Provoking comments that explain the etymological origins of the word "man" just so they can cry "MANSPLAINING THERE YOU HAVE IT WE'RE STILL RELEVANT".
Meh.

Back