Nuka World Discussion

Megaton itself had a water purifier, as did Rivet City; the issue wasn't the actual purifying, but rather doing it on a large enough scale that everyone could benefit. Or something.

I'm not about to try and justify that mess of a game.
That's what I figured as well.
Megaton has a purifier, sure. That is a thrown together piece of crap and leaking. Could break down at any point.
Rivet City has a purifier, sure. But let's remember that they are right next to super mutant capital, making travel difficult. And moving there? Rivet City ain't exactly big enough to house everyone and their dog thirsting.
Tenpenny Tower got clean water. But, well, they locked their shit up for themselves.

So providing 'everyone' with clean water isn't necessarily pointless.

How much stock should we put into the crafting mechanic of FO4 exactly? I mean, in the next DLC we'll be able to build a fucking vault. Should that mechanic even be factored in at this point? It's like, if we talk about proper Fallout lore then is any one of us seriously going to bring up that every single character since FO1 can become a demi-god? Solar Powered for example, it is a perk that mutates our character so that we heal in the sun. Is that perk part of the lore or is it just a gameplay mechanic available to the player? Cause I've never seen a mutant in Fallout that heals from the sun. The only character that can do that is the player character.

FO4, the way I see it, exists in its own little bubble while FO3 exists in its own little bubble. So that we can craft water purifiers all over the place is irrelevant to FO3's story of pure water for the people.

Not that I care at the end of the day, both are non-canon to me.

Megaton itself had a water purifier, as did Rivet City; the issue wasn't the actual purifying, but rather doing it on a large enough scale that everyone could benefit. Or something.

I'm not about to try and justify that mess of a game.
This is a common mistake. Megaton does not have a water purifier, it has a water processing plant, it cleans water but it doesn't remove rads (just like the Food Sanitizer item does not remove rads from food). Any tap or water source in Megaton still give rads to the player if he drinks from them, and nowhere it is mentioned it purifies the water.
Rivet City also doesn't have a water purifier. The scientists manage to produce small amounts of it but only enough to grow a few vegetables and nothing more, no one drinks that water and they even warn the Lone Wanderer to not touch any vegetables because they are worth more than his life (which shows how hard it is for them to grow those).
Many Rivet City citizens and security guards will comment about a citizen dying from drinking river water and then comment that the city's water isn't any better, raising alarm over the quality of the water.

I don't like defending Fallout 3, but I also know most people around here haven't played it for many years. I on the other hand have been playing it almost non-stop for a bit more than 4 years so I remember these things easily. :confused:

I hope no-one's called this, but I'm willing to wager that there's a legendary unique Cola Gun at the end. It works similarly to the laser musket (you might even be able to get away with the same charging animation): You load a Nuka Cola into the chamber and crank the handle. Cranking the handle shakes the Nuka Cola, analogous to charging it up (let's ignore the fact that it's flat 200yo cola). Finally, pulling the trigger initiates the release mechanism, causing a bottle opener to quickly dispatch with the cap. The result is a high velocity nuka bottle that does 400 base damage and results in a mini nuclear explosion due to the radioactive elements in the cola.

Since the theme of the DLC is based on Nuka Cola, such a weapon is perfectly fitting even if it doesn't logically make sense to be located in a pre-war theme park.

I hope no-one's called this, but I'm willing to wager that there's a legendary unique Cola Gun at the end. It works similarly to the laser musket (you might even be able to get away with the same charging animation): You load a Nuka Cola into the chamber and crank the handle. Cranking the handle shakes the Nuka Cola, analogous to charging it up (let's ignore the fact that it's flat 200yo cola). Finally, pulling the trigger initiates the release mechanism, causing a bottle opener to quickly dispatch with the cap. The result is a high velocity nuka bottle that does 400 base damage and results in a mini nuclear explosion due to the radioactive elements in the cola.

Since the theme of the DLC is based on Nuka Cola, such a weapon is perfectly fitting even if it doesn't logically make sense to be located in a pre-war theme park.

I would normally agree with you, but there's a part of me thinking that Bethesda would be too lazy. "Just let the modders do it" is their rallying cry.

It is very Saint's Row though, so you're probably right.

Well done everyone. Ten pages for a DLC that has still not come out yet, and counting.

Once this final paid mod DLC is released, Fallout 4 will officially be the lowest rated Bethesda game and lowest rated Fallout game ever made according to Steam reviews.

Yesterday, I was reading through the comments of PC Gamer's post on how Nuka World will be the final DLC for Fallout 4 on Facebook and it seems that a good number of people actually feel burned by Bethesda. There is actual criticism and anger directed at Bethesda that even the drones defending Bethesda (by insulting the critics as per their usual method) are being drowned out by the critics for a pleasant change since the usual modus operandi is to drown out criticism with insults, threats and what I hesitate to dub as 'facts'. Maybe gamers are waking up to the notion that Bethesda may not be the best company in the world (though I think they will forget about this once Toddie personally announces TES 6 or something...)

Once this final paid mod DLC is released, Fallout 4 will officially be the lowest rated Bethesda game and lowest rated Fallout game ever made according to Steam reviews.
If only PoS was ported onto Steam. It would be fun to watch Bethesdrones attempt to salvage FO4's reputation by arguing that Failout 4 is not as bad as Interplay's PoS.

Does anyone else think that BGS just gave up for the DLC's and are just literally throwing what ever stupid idea manages to stick to the wall? It really appears to me that they are just making garbage to get the promised DLC out of the way.

Does anyone else think that BGS just gave up for the DLC's and are just literally throwing what ever stupid idea manages to stick to the wall? It really appears to me that they are just making garbage to get the promised DLC out of the way.
That's something I said before when I brought up the other projects they are working on. They are working on 3 BIG projects that aren't related to TES or Fallout and I honestly think that they never were all that invested in Fallout 4 once it came to actually producing the game and they just shat it out so that they could get it out of the way as quickly as possible so that they could jump on the much more interesting side-projects.

But how can that be? Todd said they were all huge RPG and Fallout fans over there. Huge. YUUUUGE FANS!

What would possibly interest them more than something like Fallout, of which they are all.. you know.. Fans?

If their marketing person is to be believed, Bethesda thinks Fallout 4 is the greatest game they ever made and fans love it and they delivered exactly what fallout fans wanted.

well, at least it's gonna be the last one, and won't have to worry about more ALIUMS.
What if Nuka cola's recipe came from an ancient alien civilization who had another base buried beneath Nuka World? What if the aliens aren't extinct, but used their recipe to gain a foothold into america? What if Nuka World is run by those aliens and their weird zany powers?

This DLC's gonna be neat.

Yeah. There's barely any substance from what I've seen besides Far Harbor and that's only because it's a new world space with quests. Everything else feels like it should be a free download/update lmao

So, an amusement park filled with raiders....

Isn't Fallout 4 basically like this? Guess they decided to make it literal.

I wish they are actually being self-aware by this point.

Once again no. Amusement parks are fun. And you rarely feel lonely at one. And you rarely walk away angry.
Not quite. Some amusement parks do make you feel lonely. Like this one:
latest

On the upside, it is still a fun place to explore and you definitely won't be walking away angry.

If Nuka World was more Silent Hill and less FO4, it may actually be playable...

Back