Obsidian's Project Eternity

Lexx said:
Now I must rewatch the stream again to find these scenes.

Unicorn.png

I have to rewatch too since Obsidian apparently gave me a shoutout during the stream (in response to a comment) but I missed it.

Stanislao Moulinsky said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUleDEFkUtE&feature=youtu.be

First look at the tech/graphic of the game. Looks very very nice. :o

There is some dark magic at work in the lighting. They must have sacrificed a virgin Planescape: Torment disc to the rpg god to make 3d lighting in 2d spaces!

Beautiful.....very Baeutiful indeed.... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I wish Obsidian make sequel of isometric fallout with eternity engine.

The movement of the grasses/vegetation needs some work -- it looks pretty bad if you really pay attention. Also, the waterfall just looks like it's turning into smoke at the bottom, rather than hitting the rocks.

But, considering how early in development it is, I'm confident they can work it out and it'll be beautiful in the end. Definitely glad they're going this route.

Stanislao Moulinsky said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUleDEFkUtE&feature=youtu.be

First look at the tech/graphic of the game. Looks very very nice. :o
:clap:

Now if only they ditched all that nonsense about R2WP, we'd have a true sequel to TOEE. Ohwell.

Maybe they'll be nice enough to release a dev. toolset.

No posts since April on Project Eternity guys?

Honestly, i'm a bit disapointed by what i've seen of Wasteland 2. There's alot to be revealed to be sure, but it looks awfully .... well, dare i say it - past-gen.

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for turn-based - if it's done well. Like Enemy unknown or Jagged alliance. But my god - it almost looks like they're deliberately making it look and run like it's 10+ years old. Surely the idea is to blend the best of past-gen AND the best of next-gen, not just try to go backwards.

So, i'm pinning all my hopes on Project Eternity. IIRC, it's the first time we've got all the best minds together on one game - Tim Cain, Feargus Urqhart, JSawyer and Chris Avellone.
It looks like they're really pushing the environmental graphics which is such an awesome plus for me...

You want an Indie game with a budget of 3 million that started production very recently to look next gen?

Walpknut said:
You want an Indie game with a budget of 3 million that started production very recently to look next gen?

Is 3 million a small budget for a video game? I just googled New Vegas to find out it's budget and drew a blank ... I know next-to-nothing about video game budgets.
And I thought Wasteland 2 was almost finished?

Dude 3 million is a fraction of regular AAA game budgets. And Wasteland 2 is nearing the release of the first Beta, it's not finished yet.

Walpknut said:
Dude 3 million is a fraction of regular AAA game budgets. And Wasteland 2 is nearing the release of the first Beta, it's not finished yet.

Well that sucks because Project Eternity is only 4 mil budget! Waaaahh! :(

So does anyone know what the budget of vegas was? Or FO3?

Aesthethics aren't influenced by budget though. So far Eternity looks quite good, and I must concur that Wasteland 2 is not very well designed aesthetically and graphically. It's not much of a good looking game in comparison to some, although aesthethics are far more important than graphics. But a game can be behind in that and still be fun, like XCom.

Back