Original FO/FO2 Polymeshes

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by fatfattymcfat, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Ursa

Ursa First time out of the vault

Mar 8, 2009
    Lexx
    Animations looks great. who is the author?

Alvarez
    original non-edited f3/nv models looks bad with f2 camera angles

2. Alvarez

Alvarez It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 5, 2009
    If Karpov feels like posting his works here, he's free to do that. It almost sounded as if you boast your community with his work.

3. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    If I would have simply posted it as-is, the background would have missed.

4. Alvarez

Nov 5, 2009
    Anyway, as i noticed, Karpov does it for FOnline exclusively for now.
    But nevermind that fruitless discussion, it would be also nice if you could invite him here.

@Ursa, what's wrong with the angles?

5. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Looks good to me...the key isn't so much the models, but I will say the above model looks great - I knew Fallout 3 would come in handy eventually, but the exaggerated animation sequences. Conti mentioned before, that accessing the models is as easy as ripping the models and textures from the appropriate games, but that's the easy part, next is the rendering and animation.

The game has a cartoonish charm with regards to the movement, that isn't easily reproduced...hats off to the original animators. :wink:

Doe's anyone know if it's possible to rip the models and textures from a game like Manhunt. I thought that those creepy characters could fit into a game like Fallout.

6. x'il

x'il Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Mar 3, 2009
    Those animations look very close to the originals indeed!

7. Jotisz

Jotisz Mildly Dipped

Aug 28, 2007
    As other said those animation looks great.
    About fallout3 models well they look good but I still don't really like them.

8. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    So all the non-FOnline workers are screwed now again? I guess that's what Alvarez meant. Just a little clarification could actually help a bit here.

9. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Really doubtful. As soon as the files are available in public, everyone can use it anyway.

10. Jotisz

Jotisz Mildly Dipped

Aug 28, 2007
    Well its sounds good after all fonline made a lot of stuff public after it has been finished.
    I also haven't dismissed the idea to recreate some of the animations also I went through my models and redone the male bodies

11. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
  12. Ghouly89

Ghouly89 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 14, 2010
    Your models are looking better and better every time you post them :clap: Have you been doing some more animating too? :wiggle:

IMO that doesn't look like a Fallout character model, but it might be special to FOnline and I don't know it, so I'll leave you guys to your work :monocle:

13. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    It looks great Lexx - but isn't the background in a different scale to the normal game - too big. Will every character have unique weapons? 8-)

14. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    It's ingame and zoomed in. That's why the figure is clearly visible and the background is full of big pixel. Zoomed out, it looks better.

The weapons are extra models, so yes, you can have an unique model for every weapon.

Bodytype and animation comes pretty close already. In the later run, it's all about animation tuning anyway.

/edit: A new video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waQy8FH_JMA

15. x'il

x'il Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Mar 3, 2009
    Very good stuff... personally, i don't like the new clothes/armors, but it seems like someone (the author) is finally getting there to almost recreate the original animations.

16. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Creating the clothes / armors, etc. is up to the modellers. :p

17. Ghouly89

Ghouly89 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 14, 2010
    I will agree that the animation is pretty impressive, what I meant to say was the clothing / facial features are no-nos :wink:

The weapons do look really nice too 8-) All this real-time 3d stuff is outshining the base game :P

18. Alvarez

Nov 5, 2009
    I take it as a compliment.

19. Rain man

Rain man First time out of the vault

Apr 20, 2010
    Here are my polymeshes. Of course, it's just for fun :D

20. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009