[SPOILERS] Super Mutants in Fallout 3

Ausir said:
Can anyone who saw the footage comment on whether Harold sounded like Adler?

Well nothing been reported yet IMDB has yet to list more than 5 voice actors.

MrBumble said:
[spoiler:e394a59a4e] Is there an explication for the Behemoth yet ? [/spoiler:e394a59a4e]

As regards the explanation for the supermutants being in washington, I thought that this was appropriate :

[spoiler:e394a59a4e]
buttfuckx2ef0.gif
[/spoiler:e394a59a4e]

( found at RPGcodex )
it's a good animation but I prefer the idea of stillframe of him fucking a cannon with fallout written on the side.

Buxbaum666 said:
Isn't this semi-wareztalk? Just sayin'.

Um..no. Cause we are not talking about how to get the game online. We are just discussing the story from the leaked information from the game.

Actually it is semi-warez. If any of us were talking about having played the game, I would vat it as warez. As it is we're talking about having seen the game play out in live streams.

We figured this talk would be so prevalent it'd be stupid to mod it. But it's still semi-warez.

harold is the same pseudo-nihili-funky guy as he used to be. this time he's just a little depressed and wants to die. The whole Oasis location is very well done as well.

I don't think it's the same voice actor for Harold, however the guy tried to get his slang and wheezing from the previous game, so props for that.

Adler has a very varied set of voices, tho'. I can imagine him doing a slightly different Harold which throws people off. I wouldn't conclude just by ear that it is or is not Charles.

Besides, why would Bethesda not hire Adler to reprise one of Fallout's most memorably characters (formerly)?

Sounds like a mostly mediocre and rarely spot on imitation of our beloved Harold.

I could be wrong, though. Could be age too, I guess, like you say.

The wheezing and coughing is spot on, I'll give him that (whoever it is). :D The rest just sounds horribly lazy at times (maybe because he's a tree now?).

Meh. We'll have to wait to be sure.

Could be Adler, it's close but it's lower, slower, and significantly less upbeat. They were going for a different effect and it's been ten years, a combination of the two could explain why it sounds different.

I hate that growling. He sounds like some kind of a monster.

He used to sound like a weary, but a fun old man. Now he sounds like a retarded redneck.

Aye, the voice is a bit dubitable but definitely not bad - could be Adler.

Incognito: the quality is also impacted by the writing. As in: it's not very good.

Hey Bethesda: the Bob-Herbert thing isn't that funny.

"I call him Herbert because I think its funny."
He says this without much humor in his voice. The old Harold seemed much more excited and vibrant.
However,
[spoiler:14bfa0af3c]I did get pretty emotional at the end, with Harold moaning in pain.[/spoiler:14bfa0af3c]

Yeah same here. Even though I'm not that fond of him being present under that form in Fallout 3, that screenshot and audio file made me think "oh noes :(" ...

Back