Strange arguments you had with other Fallout fans?

Someone argued Fallout 3 was better than New Vegas by explaining how they could game the Karma system by giving water to people and selling slaves, then going on to say the story in New Vegas was uninteresting.

Someone argued Fallout 3 was better than New Vegas by explaining how they could game the Karma system by giving water to people and selling slaves, then going on to say the story in New Vegas was uninteresting.

Well, different standards... I kind of wish someone automatically appended "to me" to these statements.

Anywhoo, the strangest argument I had was when I claimed that the Enclave's citizens weren't aware of the planned genocide, because I misinterpreted the verb "cover" in Richardson's State of the Nation address.

Derp.

Survival also makes the combat much, much more punishing for both sides. Something you might also be interested with.
"You rested one hour and woke up more tired" I seriously tried, added to the FROST mod. I simply couldn't. DUST, FROST's own predecessor + NV's Survival mode, nevermind integral survival games like The Long Dark had it being actual gameplay and not just an arbitrary hindrance tagged on at last minute to make everything "harder", or rather, make it so that it takes SLIGHTLY longer before becoming a demigod, as you do in these games. Which is a step in the right direction, I guess.

Well, different standards... I kind of wish someone automatically appended "to me" to these statements.

Anywhoo, the strangest argument I had was when I claimed that the Enclave's citizens weren't aware of the planned genocide, because I misinterpreted the verb "cover" in Richardson's State of the Nation address.

Derp.

Problem is he said he played New Vegas for a couple hours then stopped playing it. He never made it to The Strip.

If not really had agruments because I really tend to avoid it. But sometimes I used to just say stuff on the fallout wiki. I mean it was okay and everything there where just alot of people there who fallout 4 was the frist fallout and they thought they knew everything about the game etc. They would also have dumb suggestions like we need riable creatures in fallout or some shit.

Problem is he said he played New Vegas for a couple hours then stopped playing it. He never made it to The Strip.

As in didn't make it to the outside of the Strip or couldn't find a way into the Strip? Reaching New Vegas is fairly easy if you don't go looking for a fight everywhere. First time I got there I snuck past the NCR monorail guards during their shift change.

Some guy was asking about getting an infinite level mod for New Vegas on the Steam forums, and was receiving some advice over the matter. People were saying that such a thing is useless (very true), and the OP's reasoning was for the sake of progression. At this point me and another person recommended playing Fallout 4, as it had "infinite" levels.

"Fallout 4 sucks. I heard it isn't even an RPG anymore," was his response. I commented on how contradictory his statement was, and things quickly went downhill from there.

One time my buddy said you shouldn't be able to sell children into slavery in fallout 3 because it was "evil" and then I said it was one of the few times in fallout 3 where being evil actually makes sense. I basically demanded the right to sell children into slavery in public. Like those were my exact words "I demand the right to sell children into slavery".

Some guy was asking about getting an infinite level mod for New Vegas on the Steam forums, and was receiving some advice over the matter. People were saying that such a thing is useless (very true), and the OP's reasoning was for the sake of progression. At this point me and another person recommended playing Fallout 4, as it had "infinite" levels.

"Fallout 4 sucks. I heard it isn't even an RPG anymore," was his response. I commented on how contradictory his statement was, and things quickly went downhill from there.
I don't follow. One of the core components of an RPG is leveling up. Fallout 4 fucked that up by oversimplifying stats. He could be referring to that.

Someone once told me being turnbased is a matter of opinion when I told him there's nothing turnbased about VATS.

Someone once told me the world was gonna Roll me when I complained about Fallout 4's lack of role playing elements.

No idea how can Tagaziel say Fo4 fits nicely into the lore in between the pre War Vertibirds, Mojave alien city, immortal Ghoul kidz that don't need food or water for 200 years, the FEV yet again being in the hands of randos, t60 Power Armor, Mr Handies with AI, pre war Humanoid Robots that can feel emotions and the prewar jet. If something Fo3 fits better into lore.

Last edited:
I'm guessing they weren't the sharpest tool in the shed.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Sorry, saw the reference and had to shine a light on it.

Someone once told me the world was gonna Roll me when I complained about Fallout 4's lack of role playing elements.

No idea how can Tagaziel say Fo4 fits nicely into the lore in between the pre War Vertibirds, Mojave alien city, immortal Ghoul kidz that don't need food or water for 200 years, the FEV yet again being in the hands of randos, t60 Power Armor, Mr Handies with AI, pre war Humanoid Robots that can feel emotions and the prewar jet. If something Fo3 fits better into lore.
The Vertibirds, the Mr. Handies and the FEV don't bug me so much, but everything else pisses me off.

I don't follow. One of the core components of an RPG is leveling up. Fallout 4 fucked that up by oversimplifying stats. He could be referring to that.
I was implying his logic was flawed since he didn't play the game.

Anyways, just got in another argument more recently on a bait thread "fallout 4 absolutely destroyed this game imo" with a dude who decided to stroll about on his "subjectivity" high horse, claiming that New Vegas fans are retarded while trying to preach the idea of accepting differing opinions. I'll just call him Bill.
Bill: It's all subjective. However fans of this game are ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ and won't ever admit that people can have other opinions. If you don't agree with them that this game is the best then they will cry and scream.
Me: Subjectivity is for those who lack passion. Insults are for those who lack merit.
Bill: Subjectivity is not for anyone...it's a term that means something is down to opinion. Whether new vegas is the best game ever is subjective. Please educate yourself before trying to sound smart online, because you just made yourself look quite dumb...
Me: Opinions are swayed by facts and are backed up by factual merit. I believe in subjectivity, but I don't waste it on topics that require more than just "personal taste." My post was made to take a jab at your pretentious demeanor. Whether or not people enjoy New Vegas isn't the point, here. What mattered was that you entered the fray with malicious intent and I called you out on it. You are just as petty as the trolls who start these flame-bait threads.
Bill: Are you just trolling because it's just funny how you don't see the irony here. This is an argument about which video game is the best. I don't think a topic could get any MORE subjective. If you're being serious then I'm genuinely concerned for your priorities if you think video games require more than "personal taste".

It continued on a different thread, one which argues that apples and oranges shouldn't be compared. I posted once or twice, and Bill basically started posting about how "our opinions don't matter cuz Fallout 4 is an RPG" and I asked him this sentence "What makes you believe it qualifies as such?"
upload_2017-8-21_18-22-25.png

Video games are a subjective medium, and this guy is technically right in that it's okay to think Fallout 4 is the better game, but goddamn, he sounds like such an asshole.
Subjectivity only goes so far. Whether or not you like something is always subjective. But whether or not something is well written or full of plot holes and contradiction. Or a game mechenic is easily exploited. Or the graphics or animation is outdated. Or when rpg mechanics are largely absent... These things aren't subjective. These things are facts. these things are bad and fallout 4 is guilty of all of them. That's not subjective. That's fact.

Back