The Steam Summer Sale starts this Thursday (probably)

Walpknut said:
O.O tell me you are not joking.
I'm not joking. I'll pick up a few giftable copies if it goes on special sale (or one copy if it just stays in the regular sale).

fedaykin said:
It is really, really, really annoying when you buy a game for 50% off and mere hours later it's 75% off.

Rule #1 of Steam Sales:

WAIT FOR DAILY DEALS!!!

Then on the last day of the sale, go hog wild with your purchases because it won't get any cheaper at that point.

So, Blood Bowl Chaos Edition is 75% off, and then it says:

Owners of previous Blood Bowl games save over 60% when they purchase Blood Bowl - Chaos Edition!

But I don't see any indication of that. So, it's on sale for everyone except the people who already own BB: Legendary or what? I don't want to buy a few new teams for 7€...

fedaykin said:
It is really, really, really annoying when you buy a game for 50% off and mere hours later it's 75% off.

European/RoW release of CiV: Brave New World was the same day the Steam sale started (3 days after American release), fellas who pre-ordered for 10% off could finally play the game just as it hit 30% off. Also launch got delayed due to the sale.
Steam is kinda douchey sometime.

Currently brought the Spiderweb humble games bundle and Total Annihilation of GoG ... neither of them Steam sales. :V

Will pick up Rayman Origins though, BN's fervour for it is infectious.

Picked up System Shock 2 only so far. I have The Longest Journey bundle and Half-Life complete sitting in my cart right now, but I want to be some cheap shit and wait till see if they get an even bigger discount (both are at 50%) before the 22nd. If there is then I'll get them at that moment, if not then oh well, still cheaper than normal. Might grab some old Tomb Raider games since they're ridiculously cheap right now with most being less than $1. Probably Legacy of Kain as well.

Wastewander said:
Picked up System Shock 2 only so far. I have The Longest Journey bundle and Half-Life complete sitting in my cart right now, but I want to be some cheap shit and wait till see if they get an even bigger discount (both are at 50%) before the 22nd. If there is then I'll get them at that moment, if not then oh well, still cheaper than normal. Might grab some old Tomb Raider games since they're ridiculously cheap right now with most being less than $1. Probably Legacy of Kain as well.

System Shock 2 might be 75% off if it wins the current Community Vote.

WAIT FOR DAILY DEALS!!!

FearMonkey said:
Wastewander said:

WAIT FOR DAILY DEALS!!!

And now it is 75% off :D

Have been buying games every day so far, hehe.

Have 15ish new games and still no time to actually play them.

:)

Makta said:
FearMonkey said:
Wastewander said:

WAIT FOR DAILY DEALS!!!

And now it is 75% off :D

Yeah, I saw that, haha. It isn't that big of a difference from what I paid for so I didn't mind not waiting.

lol, it has "the mass effect collection" for 70% off, which includes 1+2...

where is 3? its part of the collection...

Origin only, EA got pissy about other people hosting their games when they launched Origin so only pre-Origin ones are on Steam.

Dishonored is good game...but not perfact.
for sneaking, there are too many safe sneak ways and magics makes game far more easier.
compare with Thief, game it self designed to be too favorable to player.
So what player doing is choosing one of safe way to infiltrate.
NV also has same problem.

for NV, answer of situation is already given in quest marker, dialog and skill check message. so what player do is choosing one of given answer and determine how to change the situation.

both are good game but it is too sad thing that both two has certain limit. but at least, both two are close to break that limit.

woo1108 said:
Dishonored is good game...but not perfact.
for sneaking, there are too many safe sneak ways and magics makes game far more easier.

I believe I'll be solving this problem by going for the Mostly Flesh and Steel achievement where I have to finish the game without purchasing any supernatural powers or enhancements, besides Blink and doing a pacifist run as well and playing on Very Hard.

You gotta wonder what's the point of giving a 75% discount to Organ Trail when the game doesn't even cost 10 Dollars without the discount.

Back