The Ultimate Movie Thread of Ultimate Destiny

*shrugs* all I see is a butthurt guy who is butthurt about people giving him a middle-finger about his projects. He is finished with kickstarter? Well I am pretty sure they are finished with him as well :V

I don't hate him. Actually I think he is even a pretty comical character probably unintentionally though. But imagine if he would come out one day explaining his life, movies and all of that was just a very sophisticated joke about our society or something to mock everyone who's mocking him - the real life version of made-you-trolls-post, of course no one would believe him, but it would be still pretty awesome. Outside of that, well to be honest, he does get the finances to make his movies and he probably loves what he is doing, and he is still doing movies even to this day, so I have to give him that.

You equated "masochism" to "enjoying a movie you think is bad". By that logic, it can be said for any movie in existence, because every movie is bad by someone's standards.
No, you put words in my mouth. I equated ACKNOWLEDGING something as bad and yet enjoy it as masochism. The outlook, by DEFINITION, is an enjoyment in observing a thing as recognized by the viewer to be bad. Note, it's "so bad it's good" that people call it, NOT "good, I don't see what people are complaining about". So yes, this is definitive. You wanna throw around words like "scientific way of determining", but that's not it at all. It's a transparently simple matter of recognizing the very terms people are using, themselves. If someone calls something colorful, clearly they think it's colorful. If someone calls something so bad that it's good, clearly they recognize it's bad. If what someone does is willfully expose themselves to some form of punishment for their own delight, that is the definition of masochism. Deriving pleasure out of pain.

It doesn't have to be some bullshit of YOUR own concoction of "scientifically determined to be bad" to be called masochism. Just consistent.

I saw Ant-Man, it didn't impress me as much as Guardians of the Galaxy but I liked it more than Age of Ultron at least.

It did suffer from having essentially the exact same plot formula as Iron Man and feeling really unoriginal, even more than most Marvel movies do, because of that.

I'll never understand why people think the concept of Ant-Man as a superhero sounds lame though, even the movie itself seemed to openly mock the character. Ant-Man's powers seem really cool to me, even on paper. It's a lot more interesting than just "being able to punch really hard" or whatever (I think that's Captain America's power?). He also has the best costume design out of any superhero in the MCU by far in my opinion, that was something this movie did really well. I wouldn't be surprised if they drew inspiration from New Vegas for his costume, it looked like a mix of the ranger armor and Kamen Rider.

Last edited:
Those poor actors in "The Room", poor poor bastards... you can see the effort they're doing too, and the hope in their eyes "please, don't let this travesty ruin my entire career! I'm young! I have plenty to offer!"

I'll never understand why people think the concept of Ant-Man as a superhero sounds lame though, even the movie itself seemed to openly mock the character. Ant-Man's powers seem really cool to me, even on paper. It's a lot more interesting than just "being able to punch really hard" or whatever (I think that's Captain America's power?). He also has the best costume design out of any superhero in the MCU by far in my opinion, that was something this movie did really well. I wouldn't be surprised if they drew inspiration from New Vegas for his costume, it looked like a mix of the ranger armor and Kamen Rider.
Probably because the entire concept of Superheroes, as derived from Superman, and taken from its root word "super" is a person with abilities that in some way makes them visibly super human. By contrast, Ant-Man has "powers" that work in the inverse. He doesn't become stronger, he becomes smaller. His strength is maintained, but he doesn't "grow" in any sense, but physically the opposite. I can see the unspoken, instinctual causes for why people see it that way, even if I don't necessarily agree. I don't think they're wrong, I just don't consider that outlook right, either.

But supposedly that's not all Captain America is... punching hard, I mean. Supposedly it's a lot of things. Fast regeneration, super human cognition, and of course, very hard punches.

Probably because the entire concept of Superheroes, as derived from Superman, and taken from its root word "super" is a person with abilities that in some way makes them visibly super human.

I dunno, being able to shrink, make other things shrink, make other things grow, and control insects all seems pretty "super" to me. That's not even counting the stuff he can do in the comics but never did in the movie, like grow.

Probably because the entire concept of Superheroes, as derived from Superman, and taken from its root word "super" is a person with abilities that in some way makes them visibly super human.

I dunno, being able to shrink, make other things shrink, make other things grow, and control insects all seems pretty "super" to me. That's not even counting the stuff he can do in the comics but never did in the movie, like grow.
Yes, that is YOUR rationalization. Obviously when you expressed confusion about why other people don't consider Ant-Man a great superhero it would make sense that you feel that he does. That misses the point of my comment. I was explaining a POSSIBLE source for why other people feel that way.

OTHER people. Not me. Not you.

But supposedly that's not all Captain America is... punching hard, I mean. Supposedly it's a lot of things. Fast regeneration, super human cognition, and of course, very hard punches.

Basically just very good stats :0

There should be a lot more generic super-heroes like that, just to clutter it more, superheroes with capes and pant-panties who's superpower is to be fairly fast, impressively strong, and quite enduring!

Hey, having 10 in all stats would make a BIG difference. Remember the gameplay difference between the Vault Dweller and the Lone Wanderer? One had to do his best to overcome serious obstacles because he wasn't perfect. The other was a demigod who could level entire towns with his bare hands..... naked.

As far as more superheroes of a generic pedigree that are little more than enduring and "fat"... I was reminded of Area D Inou Ryouiki, a manga about humans living in a world where a major global event causes people to develop special powers, and mostly being shunned by the majority of people (indeed, the entirety of the story taking place in a prison island where all of these people, Altered, are sentenced to live simply for the crime of being Altered) but where some take up the mantle of superheroes because of their gifts. One such character, in a flashback within the series, came to the aid of the main character and his family, dressed as a super hero, and referring to himself as a hero who fights for justice. But, as was observed by others, his only real "power" was rapid regeneration. He wasn't strong, or fast, or super intelligent, or even physically fit at all- he was rotund with a pronounced gut. But that one ability allowed him to go out and fight for what he believed in, in his flamboyant, ridiculous manner. XD Incidentally, a very good manga. Amazing art, pretty damn cool story.

He is a "super genius", and he has trained himself to "physical human perfection". He has superhuman qualities. Just not "super powers".

Batman doesn't have any super powers unless you count gadgets.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Genius_Level_Intellect

Batman's super power is his ability to prep for most encounters and pull a solution out of his ass because he is Batman. He is DC's equivalent of Tony Stark. Snap is correct.

I saw Ant-Man, it didn't impress me as much as Guardians of the Galaxy but I liked it more than Age of Ultron at least.

It did suffer from having essentially the exact same plot formula as Iron Man and feeling really unoriginal, even more than most Marvel movies do, because of that.

Actually it was fairly close to the costume from the comic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually it was fairly close to the costume from the comic.

Not any that I've seen, unless you're referring to a specific version of it that I've just never seen before.

His suit looked like pure Kamen Rider though and the mask looked ripped straight from New Vegas, as opposed to what I've seen from the comics where it looks a lot more metallic and never covered his entire face. I'm not saying this is a bad thing though, it looked really fucking cool.

The Yellowjacket costume also looked a lot like how I thought Ultron should have looked in the movie.

Marvel needs to keep whoever did costume design for this movie on staff because they did a killer job.

Last edited:
They should've given the Hank Pymm costume a different design that looked more like this
Henry_Pym_%28Earth-616%29_001.jpg

And give the modern day Ant-man the NCR Ranger armor. Just like what they did with the designs in both Cap America movies where they even toyed with an espandex suit for his early mascot days.

Might have been interesting but it wouldn't have made sense for plot reasons, since it was supposed to have been the same suit.

I'm not sure I would have liked that anyways though. Marvel's costume design is usually meh at best. Captain America just looked dorky until the Winter Soldier and Thor always looked like he was wearing a cheap Halloween costume to me. I never really liked Hawkeye's design in the movies either and Ultron just looked dumb (guess that's not really a costume but it's worth mentioning). Black Widow just has a generic female "spy costume" and I mean it's hard to go wrong there so that one is okay but it's not that interesting.

That makes Iron Man the only other one I think looks as cool as Ant-Man. I really don't have any complaints about what they did with the costume, I think it looks a lot cooler than it did in the comics.

It's the same suit but it could've at least had a different color pattern, maybe he replaced the faceplate to include all of those hi tech gadgets or if he customized it for Scott.

I mean at the end of the movie is even stated he has been working on Wasp's suit in the mean time too, so he just improving the Ant-Man costume would fit perfectly fine

He wasn't working on the Wasp's suit since then, he was working on it with his wife then stopped when she died. He told his daughter at the end that they could finish it together for her to use. Ant-Man had been a retired identity for decades though and they only had a couple days to train Lang so it makes sense that the costume didn't change. Maybe it will for Civil War.

Back