Things we learned from Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Fallout 4' started by Brahmin Noodles, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    You forgot :

E) Hate Newspaper

• [Rad] [Rad] x 6
  2. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Resident crazy lady

Jun 15, 2015
    The epitome of Bethesda's writing ability. A room full of monkey's could have made something better.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. KingArthur

KingArthur Based Black Bart

Jun 25, 2018
    You don’t get it, whether or not you support the news... impacts nothing because the mayor acts like you join Piper’s side regardless.

4. SquidVan

SquidVan Pirate and Bankrobber Orderite

Jun 1, 2018
    Mostly. Sometimes it has a "No." or a "Maybe Later" option so that it won't add the quest. Also I think your C is the sarcastic yes lol. And by sarcastic I mean sometimes sarcastic, sometimes violent outrage.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  5. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    It's not even a real "No". It's usually always a "I can't be bothered with this shit right now, so wait till I come back when I actually feel arsed to start this quest".

I mean already Oblivion and F3 have been dumbed down so much that you literaly can't fail any quest. But F4 cranks it up to 11.

6. KingArthur

KingArthur Based Black Bart

Jun 25, 2018
    Fallout 4 dialogue choices:
    upload_2021-1-6_19-37-34.jpeg

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  7. TomJ

TomJ Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 12, 2015
    What I learned from Fallout 4 is how thin a game can be and not be considered a DLC.

On a less sarcastic note, it just taught me that Bethesda always learns the worst lessons from other game studios. Fallout New Vegas was pretty thin on content for my liking, but the game was ok. Bethesda took that to the n-th degree, released a game with even less content and worse writing in the time 4 games could have been made up to New Vegas's caliber. But we got 4 different ends! Nevermind that its 2 ends, 1 with 3 different paint schemes.

It was also a big example of how they suck at world building. Settlement building is nice, but the world was devoid of settlements outside of like 3 settlements and most of the other locations were either filled with mutants or raiders which made for a boring playthrough until Sim Settlements and other mods came out that made the game more interesting. One thing I mentioned on another post is I would like to see raiders forming protection rackets over settlements instead of just being drugged out pyromaniacs. But that would take writing and that would take away from Todd Howard's childish power fantasy.