Unpopular Opinion and Discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by R.Graves, Feb 21, 2017.

Is this poll pointless?

1. Yes

26.5%
  2. No

10.8%
  3. INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR MEANINGFUL ANSWER

62.7%
  1. Aurelius Of Phoenix

Aurelius Of Phoenix Psued.

Mar 9, 2018
    Mass Effect 2 felt like an expansion rather than a full fledged sequel, and while the original's gameplay was clunky, it was a solid framework for a more mechanically deep system that never came. I included footage from the demos to show all the cool shit that got scrapped like actual squad control and orders, etc. The sequel should have improved on the system and not scrapped half the gameplay for a shittier gears clone.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  2. Atomic Postman

Atomic Postman Mojave Express Employee of the Month

Mar 16, 2013
    I still don't know what the fuck a human reaper is. I'm not really complaining that Mass Effect 2 was basically "Side Adventures in the Galaxy: THe Game" but its hardly an epic space opera trilogy if you can skip the second entry entirely and understand everything going on.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    I think she simply fit the beauty standard of her time. Maybe people back then would think about women which are seen as beautiful today as ugly and too skinny. Who knows? I guess part of what made her intersting was also the drama about her. Even today it is quite difficult to tell the difference between truth and rumor when it comes to her personality.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  4. Eshanas

Eshanas Vault Dweller

Jul 6, 2016
    Here's a new one.

Metal, Rock, and whatever doesn't fit with Fantasy. I don't know who started it, but I wish it never happened. I'm not looking for some greasy haired metal dude screaming at the top of his lungs when I look for Melkor or Angband music, I'm looking for something chilling, eerie, atmospheric, grandiose, bellicose.

5. SquidVan

SquidVan Pirate and Bankrobber

Jun 1, 2018
    If memory doesn't fail me, some of the earliest bands in metal. Even if the whole band was not fantasy themed they often dipped into fantasy themes from time to time. I mean even Black Sabbath had The Wizard, Deep Purple has an album named Stormbringer, Dust had Hard Attack and its cover was this

Sure it's not all the proto metal and early metal was about it but it wasn't absent either. I like it sometimes other times it's cheesy. But a lot of metal bands take themes to the level of cheesy.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  6. Eshanas

Eshanas Vault Dweller

Jul 6, 2016
    The Expanse doens't pique my interest. I like that it has a semi-hard/more hard scifi veneer but damn I would be more interested if it was JUST the Solar System, a complex system, and not the three main factions plus alien macguffinite.

7. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Non Binary Pod Person Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    Fixed camera for the win. This is the annual Halloween Graves/Toront discussion about how Resident Evil is now shit but he thinks it's totally awesome and FPSevil is cool.

8. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    Fixed camera is based, agreed. Theres a type of gameplay there that you can only truly get with the fixed camera+tank controls that the original resident evil invented. That said, both RE7 and REmake 2 are fantastic translations of the classic resident evil gameplay loop even if some things were lost in that translation.

9. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    Psycho II is better than the first one.