Why is Fallout 3 so hated?

10 years? I do already believe they are pretty awfull. What beatuy Fallout 3 had, is long gone. Bethesda simply doenst know how create appealing graphic. And I mean that as whole. There are far older 3D games out there compared to F3, but they look even today better, because they have in all aspects great quality. Like Star Wars Jedi Knight. I mean of course the graphics are outdated. But it still has its charme, because the game as whole seems to age very well. Neither the animations nor faces seem out of place. Not something I can say about F3 and New Vegas.

Autumn: "Switch on that purifier. We want to purify the Wasteland"
James: "No, I want to purify the Wasteland. And I'll die before you can!"

I don't know how much of this was actually in the game, or how much of it I just 'made up' to make a more believable story for myself;

But I always assumed the Enclave was trying to either 'control' the purifier in some way to only give water to citizens they deemed 'pure';

or more likely, steal the purifier altogether for the benefit Enclave settlement somewhere else in North America.

Pretty sure I made that up, though.

Edit: Also, was anyone else underwhelmed when they found out Eden was a computer? I've known some who liked that twist, and some who didn't. I personally hated it - felt like somehow it was done before and cliche, even though I can't point to a specific example.

Maybe I was just really looking forward to a flesh'n'blood person.

Ekans22 said:
Autumn: "Switch on that purifier. We want to purify the Wasteland"
James: "No, I want to purify the Wasteland. And I'll die before you can!"

I don't know how much of this was actually in the game, or how much of it I just 'made up' to make a more believable story for myself;

But I always assumed the Enclave was trying to either 'control' the purifier in some way to only give water to citizens they deemed 'pure';

or more likely, steal the purifier altogether for the benefit Enclave settlement somewhere else in North America.

Pretty sure I made that up, though.

Edit: Also, was anyone else underwhelmed when they found out Eden was a computer? I've known some who liked that twist, and some who didn't. I personally hated it - felt like somehow it was done before and cliche, even though I can't point to a specific example.

Maybe I was just really looking forward to a flesh'n'blood person.

Yeah it's a pretty boring twist. Robots as the main villains have been done so much now it's just cliche, especially when classics have done it before Bethesda and better, like HAL in Space Odyssey, or even SkyNet in Terminator. Hell even Wall-E's AUTO was more interesting. But yeah, the whole "doing it because of programming" is pretty cliche now. I bet Bethesda thought they were so clever when they came up with that twist.

Apparently the Enclave under Autumn were going to just take over the Wastelands as a police state. Control of the water purifier would probably cement this control, people coming to them for help. It was only Eden who wanted to go full-genocide on everyone due to his original Enclave programming. Honestly, the way the Capital Wasteland was, a police state under the most technologically advanced group would only be an improvement. So yeah, James killed himself for literally no reason, the Enclave overly evil for the player to hate him as much as you can, because THEY THE BAD GUYS BoS GOOD GUYS etc...

Think there was an old phillip dick story about a man who survives the nukes and meets these other survivors. their leader is a man in the cave but nobody is allowed to see him.

f2????

DarkCorp said:
Think there was an old phillip dick story about a man who survives the nukes and meets these other survivors. their leader is a man in the cave but nobody is allowed to see him.

f2????
The father of the caves? Honest Hearts?

Ekans22 said:
Is honest hearts worth it? Or any of the NV DLC for that matter?

I recommend Dead Money and Lonesome Road. But I enjoyed all of them, and it's cool meeting characters like Graham. The first half hour or so of Old World Blues is hilarious.

So yeah, James killed himself for literally no reason,

No, he killed himself to make the player sad so they will hate the Enclave more, thus solidifying the "enemy's" evilness.

But yes, it was incredibly dumb because when they land, you hear his voice "I don't know who they are." O.K. so you know nothing about these people, yet you'll kill yourself to keep them away from the purifier? If I was in that situation, I'd be like negotiating and stuff, you know like "who are you, what can you do for this project?"

Thanks Earth, I'll try Dead Money since it seems harder and more horrorish, and I'm in a horror-mood.

Just wanted to make sure they weren't total crap.

I recommand play Deadmoney later than HH and OWB.
in OWB you can buy good implants that helps playing Deadmoney and at HH you can get random non combat (1~2 if you luck enough even over 3) skillbooks in cave's workbench boxes.

The only thing I didn't like about OWB was that comedy made me completely unprepared for the difficulty. Word of advice, don't make my mistake.

Where is this in Fo2? I really can't remember having seen such a story.

Yes.

And the premise is the same throughout all three examples. All three have a mysterious leader who is locked or hidden in a special area who turns out to be a machine.

The father in the cave of Honest Hearts is not the same as the Shi Emperor, it probably references the Twiligh Zone episode by name, but it's a compeltely different thing.

Back