Will we ever get to join the Enclave? Or otherwise explore their organization?

On a serious note, what I'd like to see from the Enclave is that if we encounter any Remnants that they not be just a rehash of the previous ones.

* I want to know what they've been doing since the Oil Rig
* How they've changed.
* How they live.
* How they believe.

You can join the enclave under my command soldier! just hop on over to navarro and I'll be happy to yell at you and for you to stand guard duty in the searing unforgiving heat of the desert wastes until you are fiveeee hundred and ten years old, which is the number of years it will take for you to pay for the mark II powered combat armor you have lost! Now do you understand me!?

I hope not, the Enclave always were/are disastrously retarded.

So they sent me a mo-ron? In all seriousness, though they have the unknown amount of unopened vaults to breed with, of course there will always be some plot holes in the story line of fallout that will not be fully explained or understood. Now back to your post private!

Last edited:
I enjoyed how Fallout 2 toyed with Enclave life, just a little slice.
However I think it would be interesting to see a game where the player character starts out some how affiliated with the Enclave to only have everything immediately explode into the A typical Fallout style.

However the way the Enclave is used in the franchise both original and new is typically focused on them being the overt bad guys. When you think about how Fallout works it always have a specific goal required of the player that they must accomplish no matter the cost. From the water chip, to saving Mr. Derp's water purifier the mechanic is the same.

The only way I could potentially see an Enclave inclusive narrative where the player is given the freedom to interact more freely with them is to force the Enclave out of their traditional role.

No, they're literally the nazis of FO series and the racists, srsly? They wanted all continental ppl dead,nuked and gased.
Furthermore they're all dead, they got pwnt in every "canonical" game.
So the far political left disagrees.

I hope I'm not necroposting too much, however I was thinking that since their presence is (or was) established from the East to the West of the country, maybe they've integrated into local governments/organizations (the NCR for instance) just like they existed before the war: a shadow government. Obviously they wouldn't be as Influential as in the USA, but an-Illuminati-kind-of-group.

No, they're literally the nazis of FO series and the racists, srsly? They wanted all continental ppl dead,nuked and gased.
Furthermore they're all dead, they got pwnt in every "canonical" game.
So the far political left disagrees.

So are the Galactic Empire but people love games where they play as them.

So are the Galactic Empire but people love games where they play as them.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/VillainWithGoodPublicity

To elaborate; The Enclave do not work alongside the established factions and instead openly oppose them all and seek their destruction. They're an almost impossible faction to write in a good reason for the player to join them.

The Legion is tame by comparison because even them absorb some of their enemies.

It would have to be an offshoot holdout that resisted the idealism of the original Enclave leadership. Like the Remnants (kind of).

Last edited:
Well, the Enclave could just soften some of their policies.

The Enclave of Colonel Autumn just wanted to enslave the filthy mutants and good for them. I can get behind that.

We can finally play as the Enclave, thanks to Fallout 76. All we have to do is follow Pete Hines suggestion, but instead of Minutemen, we make it the Enclave:
If you wanna have the Minutemen Enclave, then be a Minutemen Enclave and recruit other people to be Minutemen Enclave who go around the world helping "cleansing" folks and finding settlements that need help "purification" and going and do that. If you wanna be a trader, if you wanna travel around the map or you want to build an outpost where people come and by and sell stuff, you should do that. You don’t need us to craft those systems. The game will just allow you to do that. You go be who you want in this world.

Fallout 76, the real Fallout roleplaying experience. O.o

Just read his quote and I feel like I'm going to be sick...
We can always count on Pete to show he knows nothing about games and what people who play games actually want from a game.
"Oh, you want to join factions? Well, we didn't make any factions so pretend you have your own faction! Why would we have to make the game for you? Don't you have any imagination?"

Last edited:
The Enclave of Colonel Autumn just wanted to enslave the filthy mutants and good for them. I can get behind that.
You can get behind that? Good for you, except you're forgetting the fact that they consider every wastelander a "filthy mutant" so there literally is no reason for anyone to join them. You brought up the Empire, but the Empire didn't have a genocidal policy against aliens/mutants/whatever, all they really care about is complete control over the galaxy. Someone with the right motivations could join their cause, be it for personal gain or desire to live in a system like that. However, if you aren't part of the Enclave, there's no way in hell you're joining because you are the very thing they oppose. The only scenario I can see is them letting you think you're joining, getting you to do their dirty work before shooting you in the head and dumping you in the pile of "mutants" you just helped kill.

As I recall there were players that would roleplay a guard in Oblivion, and they would stand at a post for their shift; guarding the city gates.

You can get behind that? Good for you, except you're forgetting the fact that they consider every wastelander a "filthy mutant" so there literally is no reason for anyone to join them. You brought up the Empire, but the Empire didn't have a genocidal policy against aliens/mutants/whatever, all they really care about is complete control over the galaxy. Someone with the right motivations could join their cause, be it for personal gain or desire to live in a system like that. However, if you aren't part of the Enclave, there's no way in hell you're joining because you are the very thing they oppose. The only scenario I can see is them letting you think you're joining, getting you to do their dirty work before shooting you in the head and dumping you in the pile of "mutants" you just helped kill.

Technically, a forward thinking Enclave could recruit Vault Dwellers.

Technically, a forward thinking Enclave could recruit Vault Dwellers.
And I'm sure regular vault dwellers will be more than happy to assist the Enclave in slaughtering innocents. Sure, they could spin a story about how the wastes are full of maniacs and cannibals, but that'd mean sticking the Vault Dweller in a laboratory/workshop somewhere and assisting them with research/production while making sure they never see the more reasonable survivors of the wastes. That, or they could assist the country by participating in one of their totally humane experiments.

And I'm sure regular vault dwellers will be more than happy to assist the Enclave in slaughtering innocents. Sure, they could spin a story about how the wastes are full of maniacs and cannibals, but that'd mean sticking the Vault Dweller in a laboratory/workshop somewhere and assisting them with research/production while making sure they never see the more reasonable survivors of the wastes. That, or they could assist the country by participating in one of their totally humane experiments.

Innocents? In the Wasteland. There are only mutants, raiders, and mutants who think they're humans, citizen!

Innocents? In the Wasteland. There are only mutants, raiders, and mutants who think they're humans, citizen!
Right, that propaganda's only gonna work until your Vault Dweller Enclave Soldier meets a trade caravan or literally anyone not wearing other people's entrails like a scarf. Or do you suggest indoctrinating vault dwellers from a young age to the point where they become unquestioning drones?

Right, that propaganda's only gonna work until your Vault Dweller Enclave Soldier meets a trade caravan or literally anyone not wearing other people's entrails like a scarf. Or do you suggest indoctrinating vault dwellers from a young age to the point where they become unquestioning drones?

Bah, if you don't want to be evil then roll over and die for those of us who do.

:)

Remeber the Overseer threw the Vault Dveller out as he thought he was 'tainted' by the wasteland and would be a bad influence to the other people in the vault.

I could imagine that there are at least some people willing to join the Enclave as long as they have no conection with the wasteland.

Besides, the Enclave was not only about propaganda but their members actually believed to be superior and pure compared to anyone else outside the Enclave. Some Vault Dwellers could actually adobt that view point as well, seeing themselfs as the children of the survivors and the people that will one day create a new world after the apocalypse.

Back