Witcher 2

Atomkilla said:
sea said:
Screw Crysis 2, The Witcher is by far the best-looking PC game I've seen in a long time.

Amin.
Crni Vuk said:
who's that ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idi_amin

Also, as pretty as those screenies are, they do seem to suffer from the Too Much Bloom Syndrome occasionally.
bloom.jpg

Bloom syndrome is not exactly a sickness in every case. It's something like vaccine for "Not THAT good" textures and models. And I believe some of the game devs treat it that way :lol:

Anyway - Looking forward to play this game. I love The Witcher books and universe. Well, if you want REAL dark and low fantasy setting The Witcher is way to go. I didn't saw anything like it or even near it and believe me - I know many different low/dark fantasy worlds :-x
I just wonder if CD Project guys can keep this feeling in Witcher 2 with such graphics and stuff.

Screw Crysis 2, The Witcher is by far the best-looking PC game I've seen in a long time.

lolnub.

Yes, you are. Those screenshots are stunning. And apparently not doctored, according to reviewers.

idem.

Guys, TW2 looks great and all, but it's not anywhere close to Crytek's Playable Engine Tech Demo 2.

Bloomtech isn't makeup, models and texture details are pretty high. Someone's idea of purtay gfx. Still, screens are a bit doctored. Always are.

That said, it's still lookin' awesome, not to mention a much improved storyline and gameplay.

I just wonder if CD Project guys can keep this feeling in Witcher 2 with such graphics and stuff.

pesky gfx, always get in the way of a good storyline and all.

I found what I've seen of Crysis 2 to be pretty much a miss as far as art direction goes, the urban setting was a bad idea as it's too generic, and overall the game suffers a lot from overboard bloom plus motion blur. Didn't get me quite as excited as shooting North Koreans in the jungle :(

TW2 certainly doesn't look better than Crysis 2 but could probably compete, especially since the quality of art direction makes up for where raw gfx power may fail.

I don't know. Crytek's engine is awesome, no doubt about it, and I wouldn't mind getting my grubby paws all over it to make a few custom maps (their dev tools are amazing), but Crytek are pretty poor when it comes to art direction, certainly next to a team like CD Projekt, who managed to get some pretty great results out of old technology that still hold up well today.

True enough. One thing that particularly puts me off towards Crytek games is the 'fake' feeling of their lighting. It looks like it's set in Bavaria, not NYC.

As to TW2's tech, it isn't old. 'S based on a completely new engine, originally designed for the (now scrapped) TW3.

In all fairness, I think he means The Witcher, not the sequel; To wich I agree myself, by the way.

I can't wait until releaseday, been looking forward to this for a long time, a want wich certainly has'nt been quelled by DA2.

yes even today I think THe Witcher looks quite decent. Cant wait to see what the sequel will be like.

At the very least, I hope that we will not see those asshat retarded spikey-armors present in DA2, with more fluid and believable animations. Seeing the characters flail around with twohanded swords and metal shields like they were toothpicks annoys the living daylights out of me.

GreyViper said:
Apparently you can import your Witcher 1 save game, wonder what does that add to the game?

Fuuuuuuu, really? I hope nothing significant, I don't want to go through TW1 again just for it.

As far as I know, it will alter the storyline a little bit based on what you have done in the first game. So it's kind of like Mass Effect.

Someone will probably make a save game editor just like the Mass Effect and Dragon Age ones, saves a lot of hassle playing through the first game again if you loose your saves.

I don't understand what are they going to do with things you learned in the first game.
I mean, all those skills and stuff you gained by leveling can't be just forgotten.
In all previous games we've seen that have been using that tech, each time, you either play a different character, or, as in Mass Effect 2, your character dies.
So what now? As Crni said, amnesia (again)?

Can someone please enlighten me?

^ Haha, yeah another really hard hit on the head or something.

Seriously though, from what i remember of previews, the game starts with a scene in prison... Say Garett was imprisoned for a while, daily torture, poor food and lack of exercise isn't good for health. So maybe he has to restart training :wink:

I believe he was molested by guards, so he wanted to forget that experience. Accidentally, he had forgotten it all.

Atomkilla said:
I don't understand what are they going to do with things you learned in the first game.
I mean, all those skills and stuff you gained by leveling can't be just forgotten.
In all previous games we've seen that have been using that tech, each time, you either play a different character, or, as in Mass Effect 2, your character dies.
So what now? As Crni said, amnesia (again)?

Can someone please enlighten me?

Or maybe we start badass and simply fight even more badass people and monsters?

Tagaziel said:
Or maybe we start badass and simply fight even more badass people and monsters?
Yeah It worked for Baldurs Gate 2. So why not for The Twitcher ?

*Kinda fun though to see the Codexers all get in rage over the quick time events in Witcher :D though I have to say that I never was a fan of such quick time stuff. But not because the idea of it sucks or is inherently flawed but simply because many game designers use it poorly/lazily. I hope in Geralds second game it will be used more wisely. The fight we seen so far was not that bad to say that.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ravxVjnOoRM[/youtube]

Back