Your "WTF" moments in NV playthroughs

{On Xbox 360.}

Just a while before I got Lonesome Road, I was in Freeside near the Silver Rush messing with my War Club+. I did the leaping slam, where you run forward and hold the right trigger, near the street corner facing the Silver Rush. Next thing I know I go flying and find myself standing in the air.

:|

The first time I played, I blasted the Legate's head into a thin red mist with the Anti-Materiel Rifle before he could even talk to me. Sneak attack critical with the 'Better Criticals' perk - one shot, one kill, game effectively over.

I was really disappointed with the anti-climactic ending before I checked Wiki and realized I was supposed to talk to Lanius before fighting him. Oops!

navim said:
I killed the NCR troopers in HELIOS ONE and the NCR started to send some rangers to treat me...saying that in 3 days if i didnt get a better relation they would kill me..in the 4 days they came andn tried to kill me...result was very good loot....hahahahahahaha

This reminds me of a funny time.
I'd been neutral enough with the NCR for a bit, then I get asked to bring Cass to the Silver Rush. I'm planning to be a bit of a bastard so I bring her along.

Unfortunately I pop a cap in some NCR troops, cause, well, I plan to go my own way. Either way, Cass starts doing her "Shape up or ship out thing." I lie and move on.

The NCR then appears doing their "you better be nice or in three days we kill you" schtick. Immediately after (before the group disappears) I talk with Cass and trigger the whole "Well why don't you run home to Dad... oh wait he's dead."

She attacks me. Next thing I know the NCR group comes in guns blazing. I figure oh crap I'm dead. Nope. They attack HER for attacking ME.

I guess the NCR figured no one gets to kill me but THEM! :lol:

Either way, still a bit of WTF to me when it happened.

I just had some "wtf" moment aswell.. Playing it for the first time on the PC with the "Nevada Skies" mod installed and I catched some Sandstorm. I tried to find the 188 Trading post to buy some weapon mods at this gunrunner guy, when some NCR soldier came running to me and was pissed off because I "desecrated that area" and "his brother died there". He then just walked away and wouldn't trigger dialog again. He doesn't even have an unique name. oO Anyone know what the hell this is about?

Reloaded the game, here's a screenshot if that helps...

screenshot700ev3.png

Nevada Skies mod is one of the best for PC, really adds to the game.
Did you checked what happens to your stats in the middle of a sandstorm? :smug:

This isn't that soldier stand in front of the monument at Boulder City?
You can say to him that you could care less his brother died in the city, he becomes piss off and say something like that to you.

It was this guy. What he was doing at the 188 and why he was upset with you, I have no idea. Maybe he walks the highway a bit before disappearing from the game world? Or maybe it's just a very bizarre glitch. The only time I shot at the Boulder City memorial to see him pissed off, I killed him and loaded the game, but if I had to make an educated guess, you're getting the dialogue he'd give you if you desecrated the memorial and then passed the speech check to keep him from going hostile.

Then it's a glitch, because he have a unique name. This sort of thing happened to me the first time I gainned the NCR radio after Boulder City (depending of your actions you became Accepted with both NCR and Khans).
I resolve this quest in the peacefull way this time.

Then I fast travelled to the Strip and suddenly an NCR ranger gave me the radio.
If you follow him when he exit the Strip gate to Freeside the Securitrons will kill him! :lol:

Sounds good, free ranger clothes. I always hate it that I have to snake-kill one from the ranger stations to get the clothes + glasses + hat.

As far as I remember, there are only power armor, trooper and elite ranger clothes, but no casual clothes, glasses and hat.

Oh you meant the cowoy looking Ranger Clothes, I tought you meant the brown and black ranger armor.

Well, you can get a free trooper armor at ranger station delta (?) if you do the unmarked quest for that old Novac ranger. So this one isn't a problem, only the casual clothes aren't accessible from anywhere else, as far as I know.

I never found this there. Only the dead troopers and the dead ranger with trooper armor, but not the generic clothes. Searched the whole place in every playthrough, because I always thought I might have overseen something.

Nope, they never have. I have checked it in every of my four playthroughs, like I said already. Even checked the Vault now, and there is nothing written about this as well.

Lexx said:
Sounds good, free ranger clothes. I always hate it that I have to snake-kill one from the ranger stations to get the clothes + glasses + hat.
This reminds me to ...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBK7zCuzS_I&feature=related[/youtube]

you really a mean bastard Lexx :p

Vault doors keep closing off in the distance... I can hear them every once and a while.

Also Veronica ran like a scared little bitch when I joined a firefight between some NCR troops and Legionaries.

My latest WTF moments, aside from all the fresh fruit I find in out of place places...

How incredibly easy the 3 Star GRA challenges were. The hardest was beaming robots with lead pipes. That required some dancing but also because I beat them to death, start to finish, with the pipes.

Taking out cazadores with long fuse dynamite (cripple the wings then run in circles til you get a group and BOOM!) and death claws with a silenced .22... child's play. On Very Hard. I couldn't believe how nasty that silenced .22 is. I tried using a recharger rifle at first and died horribly but the .22, wow. I didn't even cripple them or wound them with another weapon first. I love that gun!

Back