Chris Avellone redeemed

He also seems to forget that jokes don’t have to be serious. What happened to the world where nobody gets sarcasm anymore? Even the Order isn’t REALLY hostile, it’s mostly hard-edge humor. I don’t understand how people don’t get that NMA is just “one of those places”.

I like how the "this guy read tweets out loud and also the lady has pink hair so it means Chris isn't a sex pest" thread turned into "we are not a cesspool how dare you", it's pretty funny.
Say what you will about the Codex, at least dogshit like this doesn't make it to the front page.

Codex also posted this on the front page, and it made by one of the posters there.

I agree that it doesn't really fit the NMA front page though, but not so much I bothered to start a conversation about removing it.

At this point I am just holding out hope he didn't do it, or that if he did do anything it's maybe just being a little to hands on once when drinking.

Anyway, to make a long story short you should probably just watch the 45 minute video linked above that debunks the accusations from Karissa.

Thank you for turning this into a news post. It has helped make up somewhat for Reddit's r/fallout moderators nuking the thread (along with every single comment in it) about the video, despite the fact that they allowed a thread about the accusations themselves.

Say what you will about the Codex, at least dogshit like this doesn't make it to the front page.

It was in fact on RPG Codex's front page:

https://rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=11541

Other than that, two different lawyers have watched the video and said the existence of the tweets shown in it improves Chris' situation, so the "dogshit" part is equally inaccurate of you.

At this point I am just holding out hope he didn't do it, or that if he did do anything it's maybe just being a little to hands on once when drinking.

It depends on what you mean by the "it" in "didn't do it."

Chris did make out with Karissa in the hotel hallway outside Karissa's room, in front of David Gaider and Steve Jaros. There was no possibility of it going any further because Karissa's roommate was sleeping in the room on the only bed. Everyone regarded the making out as consensual at the time.

When telling her story, Karissa made it seem like they were in her hotel room instead and that she was resisting sex. It was a very devious way of describing the situation, meant to cause maximum damage, but it has been disproven.

I have a question.

Are there any pressed criminal charges against Avellone because of this?

Because if the accusations are this serious, then there must be some criminal charges, right?

Nobody goes to the police anymore. We handle things on the court of Twitter now, duh!

Who needs evidence when you have hearsay and #MeToo?

Yeah, he was just accused of shitty behaviour, and even that was mostly "we got drunk and he was actually a gentleman, but my friend had a shitty relationship with him so here we go", as far as I could tell.

Well, I'm on board of "Innocent until proven guilty". And one of the best ways of knowing if someone is innocent or not is through a fair trial.

But it does rings alarm bells, when someone accuses someone else of being a sex offender, rapist, molester, etc. publicly, but never presents criminal changes.

If no criminal charges are made, why come public? And if it came public why no charges? Seems fishy, since if there was charges, the authorities would have to act and a proper investigation would have to be conducted, so by not presenting charges it seems just like a personal attack and nothing more. Specially since the reasons why victims of sexual assault might not come public is because of shame, fear, having to relive the crimes, trauma, etc. apply to also just post on social media about it. Those reasons happen in both cases.

Yeah, he was just accused of shitty behaviour, and even that was mostly "we got drunk and he was actually a gentleman, but my friend had a shitty relationship with him so here we go", as far as I could tell.
That was what I also thought when all of this blew out. I read the supposedly victim's twits, and that was pretty much what she said about him, that he was always a gentleman when she said no, and that he even walked her to the train or metro or something early in the morning so she wouldn't have to do it alone, because he was worried about her safety.
Then it was how he wasn't a very good partner to her friend, never mentioned even infidelity IIRC, it was just that their relationship wasn't very good and how her friend spent hours looking for him late at night after he left a restaurant quite drunk, because she had broken up with him or something like that (I only read all of this when it all started so my memory sucks and I forget stuff). Never was mentioned that he was a sex offender or molester or anything. Only that he liked to get really drunk, flirt and try to get lucky with women. But nothing about him forcing himself on the women.

I am always in favor of the victim, but this story seems full of holes that I feel on the fence in considering her a victim. There's no proof, there is no criminal charges, all of her words when this all started never say anything about him being a sexual predator, and in fact say he was always a gentlemen and respected the women wishes. Only that he was a drunk and had a bad relationship with a friend of her.

two different lawyers have watched the video and said the existence of the tweets shown in it improves Chris' situation

In what ways do these tweets "improve" Chris' situation, can Chris file a libel lawsuit against Karissa by any chance?

I have a question.

Are there any pressed criminal charges against Avellone because of this?

Because if the accusations are this serious, then there must be some criminal charges, right?

There are no charges whatsoever, and Karissa specifically said that Twitter justice was the only option certain women had, by which I believe she was also referring to herself.

In what ways do these tweets "improve" Chris' situation, can Chris file a libel lawsuit against Karissa by any chance?

The lawyers thought that was quite feasible.

He could easily sue her for damages, she has harmed him materially as well as emotionally...but the way the world works she get a GoFundMe account and make $500,000, while Chris will be defunded in a second. The man is weak, he should have told her to get fucked and threatened legal action.

Giving a man the benefit of a doubt and wanting to wait until evidence proves someone is guilty instead of automatically believing the woman and jumping on the cancel culture train? Careful or you all may get Arnust calling you an anti-Semitic, rape apologist GaymerGator. :lol:

Last edited:
I love the Western game industry. Anthony Burch literally forced women to have sex with him if they wanted a job but thanks to his sister he gets to write for the next God of War game. Chris Avellone has a drunken but consensual make out session with a woman and he is black listed from the industry. Goddamn I want the Western game industry to just fucking die! I want it to go up in flames like the Great Fire of Rome.

God of War is such a mediocre pos. Havent played one since the original and stopped that one as soon as I started.

Back