Doctor Who

I love Doctor who, but im a bit different in that i really do prefer the ninth of the tenth doctor.

My favorite has to be the 4th with Romana 2 being my favorite companion.

Two-step said:
Failure to see that science changes shows a lack of applied intelligence and education. Failure to see that fictional science can change shows a lack of applied imagination

You are ignoring what people are saying. This isn't about science, it's about how to write solid, consistent, believable fiction. The Web of Time was broken up by a canon event described right from the start of the reboot, that's fine. That's not the case with Moffatt, he just opted to pretend there are no rules, without any reason or explanation. The lack of rules means writers can now just make up stuff as they go along, and that's exactly what we're seeing happen, and the show suffers from it enormously, leading to terrible episodes like this Hitler one.

Also, I told you to drop the whole "you're watching it wrong" attitude.

I just gave this show one last chance by watching The Impossible Planet and it's follow-up, The Satan Pit. It confirmed my previous opinion that the new Doctor Who is the worst show ever to appear on television when adjusted for the level of goodness it inherited from the old show, the level of disfigurement it's received from its new controllers, and the level of success its enjoying in relation to how insipid it is.

Just FYI. :D

How am I to enjoy a show that muffs the most important set in the history of the series, the TARDIS control room? They made it look like the inside of a putrid sphincter.

Well, here's a new question regarding the show, one likely to spawn plenty of flaming.

Designs of the new Dalek Paradigm! :P

Now for my two cents. Personally I don't mind the shape that much. The hump's a little funny looking but it's not enough for me to get worked up about, I mean they already look like salt and pepper shakers. No, for me the horror comes with the COLORS. It's ridiculous and quite obviously for making merchandise. Some of the colors I don't mind, specifically red and white seem... okay all in all. A couple of secondary colors could make these two quite good. The other three though, ugh. Seriously, blue, orange, and yellow? YELLOW? I thought I was watching a race of xenocidal maniacs, not power rangers. The red and white one can stay, but the other three need to be EXTERMINATED.

Honestly, blue? You'd think they'd hate the color with the TARDIS and all.

I'm not a fan, the changed voices didn't work for me especially. It's odd they haven't appeared again since. Maybe the showrunners regret it (it's a Gatiss episode isn't? His are generally weak), or maybe they're behind the Silence. We'll see. It's hard to do the Daleks right in the modern day and age, I think RTD's era handled it well but it tended to go overboard too.

UniversalWolf said:
How am I to enjoy a show that muffs the most important set in the history of the series, the TARDIS control room? They made it look like the inside of a putrid sphincter.

It looks different from Doctor to Doctor. It is cleaner at times.

Also, way to pick two really-not-very-good episodes to judge the show on. What else did you watch? "Fear Her", also known as "Worst Doctor Who Reboot Episode Ever"? (still not as bad as the original show got, no amount of nostalgia can remove the memories of Time and the Rani)

Try some of the stuff written by Moffatt. Empty Child/Doctor Dances, Blink, Girl in the Fireplace. Blink is often voted the best Dr Who episode ever, beating City of Death and Caves of Androzani. Andrazoni was great, don't get the hype of City.

Another day, another meh episode. At least this one was internally consistent and logical. It was just...bleh.

Sander said:
Another day, another meh episode. At least this one was internally consistent and logical. It was just...bleh.

[spoiler:68619ec277]I caught the final half an hour. Some guys fighting some dolls using toy scissors. [/spoiler:68619ec277]

Worse than meh imo.

Edit: changed quote tags to spoiler tags.

It was supposed to be another scary episode, but it fell flat. Most people just aren't scared enough of Dutch dolls.

Poor Gatiss. I like the guy but he just can't seem to write a good Dr Who episode.

Felt like Girl in the Fireplace (creepy faced enemies that move awkwardly) + Lonely Child (get turned into creepy thing) and that crap episode about a girl having scary things in her cuboard.
Was a bog standard episode really, not very scary and man that kid was annoying. Liked the dad though, didn't mind the scissors either.

The episode fell a little flat for me as well, it was just meh, I couldn't really think of anything for it, it was juts as the above poster said, a bog standard episode.

the girl in the fireplace is my 2nd favorite epi, blink being my first.

my 3rd is the one about that group trying to find the doctor and it ends with that guy keeping the ground tile thing.

Basically filler, nothing special really but better than last week's which was so freaking annoying that I walked away from it.

TheWesDude said:
my 3rd is the one about that group trying to find the doctor and it ends with that guy keeping the ground tile thing.

The Children of Blood episode where it's set in the boarding school before WWI?
If so then yea, loved that episode.

not children of blood.

im talking about the one where there is the group of people and they end up looking for the doctor, one of them ends up finding rose's mother and the "leader" of their group ends up being something like an "absorbalon" or something with the cane. the doctor and rose are only in the last 10 minutes of the episode.

Back