Fallout 3: Fallout At It's Finest

Discussion in 'Fallout 3 Discussion' started by Heisenberg, Feb 18, 2021.

Tags:
  1. JustAShcookius

JustAShcookius It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 4, 2020
    I am aware of this. I should have put something like that in the original post. Its not that I HATE the inclusion of Fallout 3 music, its just that I feel that it "tarnished the masterpiece" with it's inclusion. Thanks for being *that* guy :smile:
    Edit: F:NV deserved a lot more than the hand me down music from a sub-optimal game.

2. Risewild

Risewild Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    In the Classic games, Fallout happens in a future earth in a different timeline. The divergence was not pinpointed, it was left as one of the mysteries of Fallout. All the devs said was that it happened somewhere after WW2.

Here's the divergence explanation on the Fallout Bible:
    But in Bethesda's Fallout, there's evidence that it diverged way before that. Due to my awesome investigative skills, I can tell you that I found evidence of Bethesda's Fallout Earth having diverged since (at least) the Cretaceous period. :o

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  3. JustAShcookius

Sep 4, 2020
    Yeah I noticed this with the lovecraftian shit they added later. That samurai guy in Mothership Zeta was supposedly abducted in the 1600's as a side fact.

4. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Resident Schizo Poster

Jun 15, 2015
    I think that may have to do with Bethesda direction. My guess, given that Bethesda was still on a high from Skyrim, that they told Zur to make the soundtrack more "Epic" and "Fantastical" like Skyrim. Sawyer on the other hand probably told Zur to make the soundtrack have a Western tone. It makes sense given that Obsidian wanted New Vegas to be a "Weird Western".

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  5. Morgan_

Morgan_ The Fool

Jul 3, 2020

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. Black Angel

Black Angel Grand Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus

Mar 21, 2016
    And here I thought this is a thread actually criticizing Fallout 3, for all or some more of the stupid shit I may or may not have missed. You know, what Fallout: Washington DC is actually 'at its finest'. But nope, just a genuine attempt at trying to make it sound better than what one might think....or just a simple, albeit too obvious, troll.

Eh, I thought even in Fallout 3, most of his soundtracks sounds like they belonged in the Elder Scrolls setting instead of Fallout. I really can't remember anything else from Fallout 3, aside from the military-esque soundtracks that would also play here and there in New Vegas.

But yeah, Inon Zur is actually pretty competent at making good soundtracks that actually fits the setting, but like RangerBoo said he needed a good direction. Otherwise, we'll get soundtracks for Oblivion with Guns.

7. JustAShcookius

Sep 4, 2020
    Indeed. This is the same Inon Zur who composed the ambient music tracks used in Dead Money, (minus original songs of course) which in itself was a masterpiece. You will hear me fanboy that DLC and most everything about it on this forum often.

He also co composed a game called Company of Heroes years ago; It is a WW2 RTS. This is one of his little known works which in my opinion he did very well.

Germans usually get the good themes in games:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  8. Señor Wally

Señor Wally Mildly Dipped

Feb 27, 2021
    Since this thread is active again, I just want to highlight my favorite quote here for a good laugh.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  9. Risewild

Risewild Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    Since I don't have anything of relevance to post, here's my favorite Fallout 3 quote:

• [Rad] [Rad] x 6
  10. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Boom Boom Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! So bad it becomes good again!

11. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
    Middle aged guy> SHAAAUN

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  12. KingArthur

KingArthur All we have now is a life so ordinary

Jun 25, 2018
    My favorite part of that quote is that Lucas Simms’ response is “Nope, haven’t seen anyone like that.” as though he’s sheriff-mayor of Little Lamplight or some shit.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  13. SquidWard

SquidWard Pirate and Bankrobber oTO Orderite

Jun 1, 2018
    Pfft, nice hat Calamity Jane.

14. KingArthur

KingArthur All we have now is a life so ordinary

Jun 25, 2018
    I bet the Lone Wanderer wouldn’t say that to Easy Pete, unless he wanted to get a fistful of dynamite.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  15. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Nov 26, 2007
    Great film; could have been made into a decent FO3 quest.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1