Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage Unveiled

Public said:
Looks like "Lost Planet" to me.

A bit, but I liked Lost Planet's engine infinitely more. Gamebryo is just so... meh looking. It kind of seems like a crappy version of source or something.

The Dutch Ghost said:
Don't get me wrong, I am not supporting Bethesda's continuation of the Fallout franchise, but will the three DLCs/expansions; Operation: Anchorage, The Pitt, and Broken Steel, also be released on DVD?

Maybe later on, in some gold edition/budget version of FO3? I dunno fo sho, though.

alec said:
Maybe later on, in some gold edition/budget version of FO3? I dunno fo sho, though.

Beth has done it with MW and with Oblivion. They release a GoTY edition with the extra DLC bundled in.

They'll probably do it with FO 3 as well...

I won't be spending my $$ on it though... I've had my fill of FO3, and I haven't even finished the game yet.

BloodyPuppy said:
Public said:

A bit, but I liked Lost Planet's engine infinitely more. Gamebryo is just so... meh looking. It kind of seems like a crappy version of source or something.

So let it be "Looks like some bad looking "Lost Planet" to me" :lol:

But I bet ya Beth were trying to make it look like LP ;)

Public said:
BloodyPuppy said:
Public said:

So let it be "Looks like some bad looking "Lost Planet" to me" :lol:

But I bet ya Beth were trying to make it look like LP ;)

I wouldn't doubt that. Lost Planet was really cool looking.

It was not however, really Fallout looking. Oh god Bethesda why have you forsaken us?... Again... Well counting Oblivion this is the third time. And I guess if you were really into Daggerfall then Morrowind was the fourth.

Actually I think screwing the fanbase must be Bethesda's hobby.

I think just LP was so succesful, that made Bethesda want to make something like that for themselves. So they used Fallout to do this.

"Hey, there was that conflict in Alaska, right? So let's make Fallout there!"

Another Beth's "cool" idea.

Brother None said:
The filename of the official PR is "gauss", so I think it's supposed to be a gauss rifle.

It's what the coils are for, right?
So one has still to rely on the community to come up with ORIGINAL Fallout 1/2 weapons ...

this ... is ... sad. Just ... sad.

(I cant help my self but when I see Bethesdas Gauss/Rail gun (what ever damnit!) rifle I cant feel my self remembered to Fallout ...)

rcorporon said:
alec said:

Beth has done it with MW and with Oblivion. They release a GoTY edition with the extra DLC bundled in.

They'll probably do it with FO 3 as well...

I won't be spending my $$ on it though... I've had my fill of FO3, and I haven't even finished the game yet.

So not a loose DVD, sort of like those Morrowind expansions?
Or Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles.

What a rip off, forcing people to buy the original game over again in order to play the expansions in case you can't download them.

They're not forcing anyone to do anything. DLCs are too small for DVD releases, that's not something Bethesda made up, it's industry standard. Honestly, if you can't download them, your computer set-up is probably not one in which you can game anyway. Still on a modem for some inexplicable reason? Go to an internet outlet, download, burn on DVD, pay for the DVD, take it home.

You're being ridiculous Ghost.

Brother None said:
They're not... take it home.

You're being ridiculous Ghost.

I was more thinking about the online payment issue, not everyone has a credit card or can use paypal to buy stuff online, that is not ridiculous.

Yes it is. It is a consumer product, that means whatever way of limiting payment they choose is automatically valid. A store is not obliged to accept credit cards, or whatever else.

I'm someone who uses paypal for most online purchases. If I'm checking out only then to find out they only accept credit cards, I shake my head, mumble "sucks to be them" to my Heilig Hart and move on.

That's how consumer products work. They're not obliged to sell to you, you're not obliged to buy from them, but they have more to lose than you do.

PS: Paypal is usable for almost everyone since it can be linked to a bank account.

Okay okay.

I guess I am one of those old time gamers who actually still likes to hold a physical copy of something, with a nice cover and a manual.

Not to mention GFWL is a terrible pile of badly ported crap with a model that might've worked for XBox kids, but never went down well with the PC crowd, even after Microsoft capitulated and made it completely free.

The Dutch Ghost said:
How would they solve the problem there then?

They won't.

The DLC is exclusive to GFWL and Xbox Live users. PS3 and non-GFWL users (I never activated GFWL for Fallout 3 either, I fucking hate that bloatware) are fucked.

Must've cost Microsoft a sweet buck.

yes definetly. And though I cant understand why people still feel comfortable in LIVE and all that with knowing about this kind of marketing and politics in the buisness (which I blame Bethesda for just as like Microsoft. A contract is never a one sided story)

I already was extremly disgusted by the fact that LIVE came as a mandatory for the PC user. There is not reason on the PC to make this software a mandatory for the people that have no use for this software, yet you have no option to not install it.

Guess the only way I will ever know how the DLCs go is through Wiki entries and Youtube movies.
No way I am putting GFWL on my PC.

Crni Vuk said:
I already was extremly disgusted by the fact that LIVE came as a mandatory for the PC user. There is not reason on the PC to make this software a mandatory for the people that have no use for this software, yet you have no option to not install it.

At least you can leave it off. GTA IV is much worse.

The difference is that GTA IV is an excellent game. All the DRM and logging in crap is highly annoying, but the content makes up for it.

Back