Fallout 76 now has $10 monthly and $100 annual subscription

Honestly though. Fallout 4 looks ok next to 76, especially next to this Fallout 1st bullshit.

Honestly though. Fallout 4 looks ok next to 76, especially next to this Fallout 1st bullshit.

But does it really?
Fallout 4 Season Pass currently sits on 34% positive reviews on Steam.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/404090/Fallout_4_Season_Pass/

Why? Because they released 2,5 DLCs for the game?
No, it's because they decided to double it's price by promising "content worth over 60$" and "best DLCs they've made" and basically scammed their customers by releasing 3 half- arsed settlement packs and some mediocre- good landmasses.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/psa-fallout-4-season-pass-price-increases-tomorrow/1100-6435167/

I have to give it to them- at least you know what you get with Fallout 1st.

I love how it literally created a class warfare within Fuckup 76 where "f2p" players hunt and grief Fallout 1sters xD

Beautiful shit right there.

I love how it literally created a class warfare within Fuckup 76 where "f2p" players hunt and grief Fallout 1sters xD

Beautiful shit right there.

This doesn't actually happen. It was based on one Reddit post (where most Youtubers and game journalists get their "content"). It's a story that sells well but the reality is nobody in game actually cares. There's not even a way to "hunt and grief" other players. You can't damage them in adventure mode. They could send you a message maybe but what a waste of time.

This is good:
View attachment 13914

Once again, Bethesda doesn't give a shit about the lore and goes with their "rule of cool" philosophy. I am beside myself with anticipation with how they are going to fuck up Elder Scrolls 6.

I don't think Bethesda will fuck up Elder Scrolls 6. They care about the Elder Scrolls, but they see the Fallout series as a means of making money.
Or at least, that is the way it seems...

I don't think Bethesda will fuck up Elder Scrolls 6. They care about the Elder Scrolls, but they see the Fallout series as a means of making money.

Skyrim would suggest otherwise, not to mention Oblivion.

Funny how with them their efforts are generally appreciated best in reverse order—and then came FO3... to repeat the pattern.

And then you went on to kinda prove that they don't. They aren't looking to make games they love. They want games everyone can get into and get excited over. Things like Morrowind and Daggerfall are not coming out of Zenimax anytime soon. You could argue that anyone would want their work to be appreciated by everyone. And that's a fair point. The difference is doing something because you think it's good and doing something because you think it will sell more. Where's that damn chart? Either Gizmo or Norzan has to post it every couple of months in a thread to prove a point. I can't ever find it via google.

Ah. This is not a truly measured chart of anything beyond a sense of opinionated observation. I made this years ago to illustrate a point about the drop in complexity, and roleplaying potential—presumably for sake of appealing to a larger, and [perceived] more simplified audience. It also deliberately looks like a toddler's toy. ;)

streamlining_the_systems_1.png
ring_toy_alpha.png

It represents an apparent pattern of preferred gameplay & quest retrogression by Bethesda, for what must be marketing reasons. It's just not good to confuse or annoy anyone who might then badmouth the product to their friends, and online. :(
[...for being a good RPG, that honors the character's limitations, motivations, and aspirations... or for requiring more than one simple concept at a time, per quest.]

It's not [and was never meant to be] provably accurate, like the FO3/NV quest comparison, or comparisons to other RPGs with arguably better [character-centric] mechanics, and intention to detail.
FO3-NV.png

Or... there is the other one that I made; it describes compromising for the target market, how being closer to the mark (of excellence) in one style, strays from this in all others, and how they seem to always shoot for the middle ground mediocrity, so as to score (just tolerably) with all markets, but resulting in a merely passable game for most gamers; never hitting the sweet spot for anyone.
FO3_Arrow_to_the_Knee.jpg

...Or there is the other one I had fun making, that represents the fundamental alteration of a thing past the point of it no longer being recognizable as itself, solely for sake of market appeal; to appeal to those that would never be interested in it—unless it were something else entirely... Like making a sugary, strawberry & chocolate sandwich spread—under the famous brand name of Vegemite; new and improved for the modern palate.
SVP_2.png

Last edited:
All I could remember is that it was a cone. I didn't even remember exactly what it looked like, but thank you for posting it. I didn't realize you had made it so I thought I could type in some keywords on Google like "Bethesda cone design" and variations. I got weird results.

I will not call it a chart anymore, that is a bad term for it, I agree.

Back