First round of Fallout 4 Reviews

I wanna show this to my friend, because it explains so well that difference between 1+2 and 3+4 that I've tried to explain, but I haven't found the right words to describe it, without sounding condescending. The shift between YOU the player, and you - your character, is a very interesting and spot on observation

Oh, I bet he loves radiant quests.

I'm sure a lot of people don't even recognize a radiant quest... I heard such enthusiastic feedback from some, that there was sooo much to do. And, yeah, sure, the game allows you to clear the same mutant hole an infinite ammount of times.
"AWESOME!!!" some people will say, because mutants are fun, shooting is fun, and shooting mutants is fun. No more mutants to shoot is unfun, so respawning mutants is tons of fun, and so on..

I heard this about Skyrim too, people were grateful for the radiant quests, because it granted them "more fun stuff to do" :I

--
I just ran into a man by a shallow grave, and a shovel next to him. My neverending optimism and faith in the impossible made me approach the man, thinking maybe
maybe
just maybe
there was something that made some kind of sense here, a grieving man, a grave, a shovel - maybe
RAIDER
he attacks me, i shoot him, that's that - oh oops, I forgot to spoiler it
This game is so goddamn retarded...

In Fallout 4 the Deathclaw already showed behaviors which previous titles didn't, like running all four at you then grabbing and shoving his claw at you, not to mention he could hit the ground knocking everything away from it. Don't make it sound like 'walking into walls' is the only thing he always does. Also if you don't see the difference in damage while using chems then you definitely weren't using enough. Just a psycho + pshychobuff gives you 50% of damage increase, along with psychojet you get 75%. Now add the appropriate damage perks based on the weapon you mostly use and you already pack a punch with every shot and with better criticals perk you can take half of the health bar out with one critical depending on how higher the level of the enemy you're facing is.

Criticals only happen in VATS which I don't use(why criticals don't happen by chance and based off of SPECIAL is beyond me which would've helped the fight). I shouldn't have to resort to using drugs every fight just because Bethesda can't balance their game. I said the Deathclaw does that because that's all he did in my game besides slightly moving left or right to miss my bullets. You do realize you can stand on top of the buildings and never have to jump down to fight him unless he goes off screen. If you think I was going to jump down and fight it just to get instakilled by one claw swipe in power armor and around 80% full health then your mistaken. I mean he could've thrown debris at me but that would mean that they could actually pull it off, surprised they didn't take the bullymong throw attack from Borderlands 2.

A deathclaw I fought was vibrating violently, stuck in some cave entrance. There's no telling how they'll behave.

A deathclaw I fought was vibrating violently, stuck in some cave entrance. There's no telling how they'll behave.
How did that happen? Was it already like that I when you found it?

Not sure, I was exploring a cave in the Glowing Sea, and apparently I was meant to be surprised by a deathclaw lurking in there. The cave had another exit, so when I went out and around (my companion was fighting the deathclaw), I found it stuck in the cave entrance, shaking that buggy, intense shake that these objects sometimes do when stuck

(these scripted surprises are always lost on me, and I hate it :D I'm always busy focusing on something else, and usually notice only when companions or other npcs point stuff out to me.)

Not sure, I was exploring a cave in the Glowing Sea, and apparently I was meant to be surprised by a deathclaw lurking in there. The cave had another exit, so when I went out and around (my companion was fighting the deathclaw), I found it stuck in the cave entrance, shaking that buggy, intense shake that these objects sometimes do when stuck

(these scripted surprises are always lost on me, and I hate it :D I'm always busy focusing on something else, and usually notice only when companions or other npcs point stuff out to me.)
Was the cave near that stupid Atom cult unaffected by radiation somehow? I sometimes have enemies get stuck into something like that too.

Was the cave near that stupid Atom cult unaffected by radiation somehow? I sometimes have enemies get stuck into something like that too.

Yup, there are some caves there that - if I recall correctly - do not transport you to a different interior cell, but are just marked "tunnels" right there, but I could be remembering it wrong

Yup, there are some caves there that - if I recall correctly - do not transport you to a different interior cell, but are just marked "tunnels" right there, but I could be remembering it wrong

I'm still wanting to know why the glowing sea exists considering that it's 210 years after the war so I'm not sure why it looks the way it does.

I'm still wanting to know why the glowing sea exists considering that it's 210 years after the war so I'm not sure why it looks the way it does.

My guess is that they just re-did "the glow", then bethed it up and beyond "we made it even MORE AWESOME!"

What about the stupid radiation thunder storms? Why would lightnings give off radiation? The game bluntly states that the storms come from the glowing sea, so "there, explained, shut up now"
Why does the weather turn gooey-green, just because the storm is radioactive?
Why are nuclear explosions themselves not gooey-green, they are extremely radioactive right there :I

Everything they do is cus it "looks cool" or "is cool" or "would be cool", there's nothing more to it. Like, why do ghouls lay down, hidden, in most of their locations? Hell, after my first two ghoul-encounters, I actually needed to see that loading-info screen spelling out that "ghouls are not zombies", just to make sure Beth was aware of the distinction...

These are often things that make sense gameplay wise. It is exciting and eery to travel in the glowing sea, and I liked the feeling of being truly trapped inside my suit, or the radiation will kill me - but all of that is "would be cool if - ", it doesn't make actual sense

I just ran into a man by a shallow grave, and a shovel next to him. My neverending optimism and faith in the impossible made me approach the man, thinking maybe
maybe
just maybe
there was something that made some kind of sense here, a grieving man, a grave, a shovel - maybe
RAIDER
he attacks me, i shoot him, that's that - oh oops, I forgot to spoiler it
This game is so goddamn retarded...
I just gotta say, I love these posts of yours. :lol:

Anyone's been getting random Triggermen spawning inside Diamond city? They are hostile too, but you will see them using the workbenches like normal until the AI gets alerted. Is this supposed to happen?

Anyone's been getting random Triggermen spawning inside Diamond city? They are hostile too, but you will see them using the workbenches like normal until the AI gets alerted. Is this supposed to happen?

The triggermen are part of a quest, but it's all wonked up. It happens when you kill that bartender dude in one of the quests - wether or not you actually kill him. I got them in both playthroughs, one where I off him, and one where I don't.
NOW - there is a possibility he got killed by raiders, since he walks back to Diamond city - over that bridge - which is full of raiders o_- so, that could be the reason (in both our cases)
(Why does Beth keep doing that!?)

Either way, go pay the sunglass guy who often sits outside the bar to call the attacks off. I tried just shooting him, but that actually does make the city hostile.

As to the green storms and shit?
Bethesda thinks that radiation is green.
I mean, it's not like a thing can exist and be invisible to the naked eye right?
Like oxygen, bah! Mumbo jumbo.

Anyway, it could be worse. We could have gotten radiation or acid rain 200 years after the clouds have settled.

The triggermen are part of a quest, but it's all wonked up. It happens when you kill that bartender dude in one of the quests - wether or not you actually kill him. I got them in both playthroughs, one where I off him, and one where I don't.
NOW - there is a possibility he got killed by raiders, since he walks back to Diamond city - over that bridge - which is full of raiders o_- so, that could be the reason (in both our cases)
(Why does Beth keep doing that!?)

Either way, go pay the sunglass guy who often sits outside the bar to call the attacks off. I tried just shooting him, but that actually does make the city hostile.

Seriously? That's just retarded... I didn't kill the bartender....

Also I found a settlement that is surrounded by water..... but the construction area ends on the coastline so you can't take advantage of the water surrounding it with the Water purifiers and you are forced to rely entirely on the basic water pumps.... again, despite being surrounded by water....

Also Danse now has a full set of Enclave Power Armor out of nowhere (he also still talks as if he was a member of the BOS....)

Danse's armor is apparently levelled
I kind of rushed the main story, as well as BoS, so I missed it. (afaik his armor changes if you don't execute him (he is without his PA in that scene) and so he gets a 2nd chance at a levelled armor if you spare him, but I haven't tested this, so don't quote me on it)

So Nick Valentine only has 2 cases? one of them is of the very very few quests that can be completed without violence, a Detective Agency receiving new cases could've been the perfect excuse for sidequests and a way to make Diamond city dynamic and reactive.... but no, I guess that's too much work.... even tho New Vegas Bounties does exactly that and it was made by someone on their spare time for free....

Back