General Discussion Thread of DOOM

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
Can't understand why people still like to watch TV, when everything one wishes can be accessed via the internet.

Sometimes I like waiting. For example, I find myself very excited by South Park or Game of Thrones on tv, despite having constant access on the internet

Also, there's a kind of... discipline in TV viewing of a favorite series, watching a single episode at the time, instead of marathonning a series like a zombie (which I am totally guilty of)

Big screen tv can be good for playing games. More chill to lay on sofa and play.

I have to say though, I remember when tv and radio used to be good. Or if not good then at least bearable. I listened to some talk radio and it sucked. Same with tv. And the public broadcasting company is tax funded. They can make shit programming all day everyday and nobody can do anything about it.

And TV still has that "bringing the family together in the living room" effect, something PC probably will never have, and is a big deal in many households.

Interesting, i thought that only old people still used them. I personally got rid of my TV about 3 years ago, but have not watched it at all for about 6 years. Though i'm not big on movies, or tv shows either way, i would rather play some games or watch some car crash footage on youtube, while reading a forum and viewing a review of some new tech concurrently :D.

A 55 inch flat screen tv would cost something like from 700 to 1000 euros depending how good you want. I'm sure in States and in the Far-East and maybe in Germany tech is cheaper. The PS4 pro is 429 euros so, yea. Not exactly cheap. Will prolly wait until after x-mas.

My TV is pretty much out of use right now (I don't think my cable even works), but I will get a Raspberry Pi soon for Netflix/Amazon Prime and RetroPi.

I have always felt some weird snake like movements inside my body, they are entirely psychosomatic and I have always been fully aware that they aren't real sensations. But last night I had a pretty lucid dream where a metallic worm came out of a wound in my chest (the worm was the size of a snake and seemed to mostly just be moving around behind the skin, not actually inside my body) and I had to pull it out while feeling like it was piercing my esophagus. Now I woke up just attributing that to my signature Night Terrors but now I have been experiencing the Snake movement sensation the whole day in a much more constant basis. Am I just going crazy? is this even some catalogued disorder? I mean it doesn't really affect my abilities in any way other than being a bit distracting sometimes.

Remember, take the blue pill.

Back