General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Loaded up a saved game of icewind dale 2, which i played a few months ago... As much as i like the combat and the difficulty, i have to say, the designer who designed the Dragon's Eye level should be slapped to unconciousnes... I haven't encountered such a fucking mess in a long time. It jus goes on and on, the same rehashed levels, not pointers as to what one has to actually do. I'm now trying to complete the last level, where i have to visit the same fucking place for 5 times and spent countless ammounts of gold for some boat crossing.

I have been playing an adventure gaming named Primordia, in short, robots living in the wasteland. I'm quite liking it. As a adventure game there are puzzles, nothing difficult for now, but with my inexperience with the genre ( I only played two adventure games in my life, Grim Fandango and a Pink Panther one) sometimes, not to say frequently, I'm getting stuck in some parts due to the puzzles but eventually/accidentally I ended up resolving them.

Resident Evil Revelations. And i must say that even if it is a port it is quite fucking amazing. The few things i can complain about are not that big of a deal anyways! But i do regret not buying all the DLC's and now i've spend all my funds i had on steam :)

Also tried some Age Of Wonders 3 but i didn't really get stuck with the game as i thougt i would.

Brutal Legend. The best game for Metal heads.
I got a few chuckles out of some moments from the game, but it didn't really do anything for me. I loves me some metal, but Brutal Legend wasn't as much service to me as, say, Metalocalypse. Now THAT is delightful pandering to Metalheads! =D

Anyway, my latest games haven't changed much from the last time I updated my status here. I've spent less time playing Dota2 than Doom 3, and I managed to come away from the Steam Summer Sale without splurging on the BFG Edition (I don't care how much whiners bitched about "no duct tape on Mars", the game was BUILT around managing your visibility, so I'm not interested in mods or an updated version of the game that takes that away from me and kills the intended experience just to cater to said whiners) so I'm focusing on that. But like I expressed earlier, I was just too methodical forthe scare factor to work on me anymore. So I was hoping something would fix that, and looking to the possibility that Nightmare difficulty would address that. Well, now I'm halfway through the game on Nightmare, and at best I've been startled, but for the most part it's just irritating. What am I doing now that I wasn't doing already? Slamming F5 and F9 a whole lot more often, that's what. Draining my Health gradually until it sits at 25 combined with enemies that dish out a whopping 300% damage was a nice touch for making me more concerned about my surroundings, and removing ALL Health packs from the game helped enhance that, of course, while providing me the Soul Cube from the start was a small alleviation from how stupidly stressful that could get, at times. But still, all of that tension and worry over getting hit, all of that concern to avoid taking ANY damage at all, because basically getting hit once is fatal... that's all done away with by save and reload, quick or otherwise. Go a level without ever quicksaving? That's nice, you'll still come back from the beginning of the level with the same knowledge. Tell yourself you're gonna ironman this and resolve to delete all saves if you EVER die? That's nice, but you're still just basically punishing yourself, you're not enhancing the experience.

I'm enjoying playing Doom 3, but it's not what I was hoping for. I'm not interested in the Brutal Doom mod, though I think it looks pretty cool. I think I'll just have to hold out for the proper programs to get my original copies running on my system, and see how I feel like the originals hold up. I felt like Duke Nukem 3D didn't hold up well at all when I played it again, so we'll see how that differs in a game where your vision was set at a static 90 degrees from the floor, always looking forward, where the world was 2.5D, not real 3D. It's small differences that make the most waves, in the end.....

Maybe.

Anyway, I just wanted to comment on one thing though: The prize pool for Dota2's The International 2014 tournament exceeded 10 Million Dollars a few days ago. That's INSANE! The teams that got invites have been showing top form in the tournaments leading up to TI4 a week from now, so we're likely going to see some INCREDIBLE plays. It's saddening that I couldn't get a ticket to go to the tournament, myself, but I'll still get to enjoy the coverage from my PC, and play the game in the meantime. It feels really appropriate that the World Cup is going on alongside this, it's like one sport's biggest deal plays out, leading up to another sport's biggest deal not long afterward. I'm loving it! =D

Come on dude, is a game where all the lore of the world sounds like out of the most try hard and cool metal song ever :razz: I actually can get a lot into the whole "Metal Fuck Yeah!" mood everything has. Except for the part where Eddie hooks up with Ophelia, Lita was hotter and cooler.

Well, it WAS rushed, according to Tim they had to scrap half the campaign because of the publisher's demands. Altho, it's not the first time a Schaffer game suffers from either rushed development or bad handling of time. Dude is a genius but he is kind of a sloppy one.

Last edited:
I can't feel the "pure Metal" from it, myself. Maybe it's because as a GAME is was crap? I mean God of War was NOT a "Metal" game, but I felt way more "Metal" from that, and I think the reasons might be due to GOW being a fan-fucking-tastic game, and BL not so much. One was "brutal" in all aspects of the word, and the other was "brutal" in name only. They had funny lines and references and call-backs, sure, but I just didn't feel it, and maybe that's because the game itself sucked. There's plenty of Metal songs I just don't care for, and it doesn't matter to me who it was sung by or what the band was, or any of that shit a lot of people like to grant reverence to. I just care if I like the song. I joked with a friend, many years ago, that I could really get into a song even if the lyrics were totally unintelligible, or better, if ALL they were saying was a garbled "MUTHAFUCKAMUTHAFUCKAMUTHAFUCKA" over and over and over again... if the song itself was amazing. Fast forward years later, and I'm listening to "Lazer Cannon Deth Sentence" from Dethklok (the fictional band from Metalocalypse), and commenting to my buddy "Isn't it funny that a joke metal song is way harder and way more metal than most mainstream metal songs?" Doesn't matter that the lyrics were jokes, the song itself was INCREDIBLE, and it was more Metal than anything I'd heard from Metallica. Yeah, I'm well aware that there's legions who would consider to strike me down for saying such a thing, but it's true. The pedigree doesn't matter to me, just the thing in and of itself. In that respect, I just felt no deep connection to any "Metal" out of Brutal Legend. Just none.

Awesome Metal is about the one and only reason I ever dare to consider replaying FOBOS... until I remember that there's Youtube, and then the urge abates. XD

Wait, God of War a fantastic game? That one embodies the worst kind of beat em up ever. It's slow, full of area of effects and QTEs and the writting is unironically juvenile. Those games are flashy garbage.
Brutal Legend is not the best game ever but it's a pretty cool RTS and the writting is aware that it's ridiculous and campy.
I don't mind you thinking BL is not that great but when you compare it to something like God of War I just take offense.

I am also playing Deadly Premonition. Feels like a combination between a dreamcast game and some weird anime and a Tarantino movie. It technically is not a "good" game perse but I have found myself caught by it's weird b-movie charm.

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin. It's like BG2 plus TOEE. On crack. Best game since I don't even know.

It's awesome, that's all.

Divinity: Original Sin. It's like BG2 plus TOEE. On crack. Best game since I don't even know.

Looks interesting, but it reminds me more of neverwinter nights 2 with less skills and spells and with an overall worse system. How is the story?

Last edited:

Looks interesting, but it reminds me more of neverwinter nights 2 with less skills and spells and with an overall worse system. How is the story?

It really has very little in common with NWN2. Best turn-based combat in a fantasy rpg to date, imo. Classless leveling system that offers for a ton of different builds and strategies, without forcing you to powerbuild like DnD usually does. Might have less skills and spells that NWN2, but oh so many more ways to use skills and spells in combat. Lots of opportunities to roleplay, and lots of reactivity from your surroundings. Very well polished with great optimization, great voice acting, very minor bugs.

I'm honestly in awe of what they've managed to do with a Kickstarter game. And I can't believe I didn't pay this game any attention until a few days ago.

Can't say much about the story as I haven't gotten very far yet, but so far it's definitely peeked my interest.

The Neverwinter Nights series seems to be infamous on this website...

Well, i didn't mean it in a bad way. I finished NWN 2 more times than any other DND game actually. I like it very much and since there is no visible limit to the number of interesting characters you can create, it's pretty good on replayability.

It really has very little in common with NWN2. Best turn-based combat in a fantasy rpg to date, imo.

Better than TOEE? Also, how many party members can you have, since i only saw 3 at most.

without forcing you to powerbuild like DnD usually does.

Huh? I never powerbuild my characters in DnD (one of my current IWD characters is a rogue barbarian). If you're playing online that may be true, i have no idea, since i always play them in single player mode.

Might have less skills and spells that NWN2, but oh so many more ways to use skills and spells in combat. Lots of opportunities to roleplay, and lots of reactivity from your surroundings. Very well polished with great optimization, great voice acting, very minor bugs.

Well, i saw that one can summon rain and then electricute enemies who are standing in the puddles. That's pretty interesting, kind of a better version of dragon age spell mixing.

It seems like a very interesting game, but looking that gameplay videos, i can't shake the feeling of this sacred 3, or dungeon siege 3 cheapness vibe. It kind of looks like a bit of a mess.

Last edited:
Back