General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Since I didn't want to be two games behind in the series I just started F:NV with all expansions. It's great fun as expected and I'll be glad when I'm done to compare it to F3 and see how much better it is.

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

Lumbering slowly through the dangerous halls of Stonekeep, again. Never finished old 1.0 version back in the nineties due to bugs and my crappy English, now I am hell-bent on finishing this hellishly hard dungeon crawler though! Playing 1.2 version from GoG this time, I'm totally hooked, this is old Interplay at its best. Excellent sounds makes for great atmosphere, in addition with great midi-music; fights are even more unforgiving than I remembered them! Have met my first companion yesterday, what a great relief to have some helping hand against those pesky, fishy, battle hardened goblins..

Xxr4Cmz.png
VoUMQ0r.png

edit: Second screenshot added, because this is awesome character!

Last edited:
SOMA - made by Frictional Games (Penumbra, Amnesia). It's more like Penumbra than Amnesia, and I F***ing love Penumbra.

SOMA is a great game and recommend it if you liked Penumbra or Amnesia.

I'm also playing short, 30 minute bursts of Fallout 4 because any longer and I can't stand it.

Considering going back to heavily modded Morrowind or New Vegas.

SOMA - made by Frictional Games (Penumbra, Amnesia). It's more like Penumbra than Amnesia, and I F***ing love Penumbra.

SOMA is a great game and recommend it if you liked Penumbra or Amnesia.

I'm also playing short, 30 minute bursts of Fallout 4 because any longer and I can't stand it.

Considering going back to heavily modded Morrowind or New Vegas.

Restarted New Vegas already. Nevada + Alternate start.
Feels good to roleplay again.

I'm playing old school Zork games, friggin' awesome, they are. Love the humor in it. Funny how a little game like that seems to have more to it than F4.

Games I played this year: Stanley Parable demo (seems great, typical British humor, a game that apparently mocks cubicle work and stuff like that); Her Story (you're a detective, you've to find out the truth about a case searching key-words in the police's database, pretty cool); Life is Strange (I expected more for such a highly spoken game, still not bad, it's a decent casual game, for today's money whoring game-making standards); Counter-Strike: GO (piece of garbage, revamp with a little make-up to make money on the franchise's name); Hocus (a minimalist puzzle sort of game, with Escher's sort of puzzles, pretty good); Portal, both 1 and 2; Reveal the Deep (a free game I found on steam, it's decent for a free game, it involves underwater exploration and linear puzzles); Silent Age (point-and-click short game about time travel, it's an OK game, nothing innovative about it, but still OK for a Saturday afternoon, provided you haven't much else to do); Rainbow Six Vegas (good enough, but I feel it's less elaborate than the old games, it's more about storming places, killing criminals, and linear, not so diversified commands to your team); Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (apparently, here they started to head towards generic FPS modern games, so my interest lasted for only some minutes); Rainbow Six 3 (just checked it for a couple of minutes, didn't like it very much, commands and gameplay feel very weird, it seemed a straightforward shooter game, I may be wrong, but it doesn't brought me the old challenging feeling I had from back in the day); finally, Wolfenstein New Order (an honest game, follow its premises).

Playing Witcher III on my PS

I hate when hypes turn out to be well founded, because I'm getting a harder and harder time differing between rightful hypes, and shitty empty fads.

You hypers got me with Game of Thrones, and I hate you for it. You got me with Breaking Bad, and then I had to sit up entire nights marathonning it, you BASTARDS!!!

And now I'm playing Witcher III and loving every moment of it

I even got it set to Polish audio, so weird, but kinda like watching a subtitled movie, something I'm allready used to.
They all sounds a bit more indifferent in Polish :D

Decided to play some games i got but never had the time for.

Woolfe the red hood diaries. Ok game but super short and when you decide to do the achievements you will notice quite some bugs.. At least i did. Worth a playtrough if you get it cheap but not something special.

Mad Max, Now here we have a game i should have started earlier. Got stuck and all of a sudden it is almost half 3 in the night and i was supposed to work today.. Guess i take a day off :P Even better due to me just paying like 15 euro for it.. So worth it!

Just got me the PS3 Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fighting game. It's Jojotastic, it might not be the best fighting game but it's tickling the fanbones, if I do a back dash with Joseph Joestar he, instead of playing the regular quick backstep animation like the others, he gets an special message about that being his special "Geting out of here!" technique and he even gets a goofy running animation. I can't help but enjoy the shit out of it.

Noticed that Krai Mira is in a bundle over at indiegala.. Only game i like to get in the bundle but it is only 1.49 euro. SOLD! :P

I play Wasteland 2 now. Director's Cut is so much better compared to the original version.
Also have been playing Dark Souls 2 with my friend in co-op, which is really fun and challenging.
Some time ago, I tried Kerbal Space Program and I liked it. I like astronomy and space stuff and that game has quite realistic physics and interesting possibilities like constructing different planes, rockets or satellites.
I also play Icewind Dale now. I never played it, but I played Baldur's Gate 1-2 and Planescape: Torment before. Compared to PS:T it has better combat, but lacks diverse dialogue choices. But anyway it's good game.
And I'm gonna buy Pillars Of Eternity on Steam Sale. I definitely should check that out.

I'm doing KOTOR 1 right now. It's an okay game, but it isn't exactly a very deep roleplaying experience and the gameplay is simply bad. And there's way too much backtracking and filler combat.

I've got a lot of free time lately, so I've been playing a variety of games.

• Assassin's Creed: Syndicate - I got it as a gift and it was much better than I expected.

• Just Cause 3 - doing action, explosions and turning-brain-off-and-relax gameplay right, unlike Fallout 4.

• Wasteland 2 Director's Cut - this time with a squad of military-style characters, rather than the varied party I would usually go with. I enjoy the write-your-own-biography feature everytime I go through it.

• XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Within - plus the Long War mod. Mostly because I'm excited for XCOM 2. A lot. I feel like by becoming a PC exclusive it's not getting as much popularity, though.

• SW: KOTOR - believe it or not, I've never actually gone through KOTOR properly. So here I am, and enjoying it plenty so far. Sorta reinstalled because I got hyped for more Star Wars from watching the latest one.

• Fallout 4 - what? Don't judge. Honesty is the best policy, after all. I mostly ran through it and don't go back to it as much as I do with the other games above. It has its moments. I guess.

At the moment I am playing:

• TTW: A Tale of Two Wastelands. A Fallout New Vegas Mod (although play-testing it and not really playing).
  • Fallout 1 with the awesome Fallout Fixt mod.
  • Crusader Kings 2 with the great CK2+ mod.
  • Mount and Blade Warband with some mod I can't remember the name at the moment.
  • Neverwinter Nights 2 in some persistent world, although I haven't played that in a few days now.

At the moment I'm playing:

- Underrail: This game has some very unforgiving combat since the enemies don't level with you and since you're like paper to enemies in comparison. I'm getting my ass kicked/rekt by anything that has backup and even some of the human enemies will put you down in one turn. I don't like these ridiculous cooldowns but I'm enjoying stealing people's belongings from(cabinets, boxes, safes, ect) and it's very fun! I finally got ahold of a hacking device from Ezra then went to the private dorms hacking open all the doors, lockpicking anything locked, stole anything that wasn't bolted down, and made off with tons of loot and around 800 SGS credits(which translates to 8,000 which means I can buy tons of stuff now). :D

I have been playing Shadow Complex Remastered, a Metroidvania like game that was released a couple of years ago on Xbox live and which was based on a franchise with a tie in books series by Orson Scott Card.
The background story is about a second American Civil War in which an militant organization seeks to reform the United States into a second Roman Empire like society ruled by a Caesar. (no no people starting to cosplay like Romans like the Legion, more a military oriented civilization with absolute rulers)

The story isn't that deep in this game to be honest and feels a little like Bionic Command Rearmed (quite a lot actually), but the game is pretty fun for a couple of hours in which it takes to finish it, and it looks pretty decent to.
It is not as well developed as a Metroidvania though, lacking the number of nooks and crannies of those games.
It plays really well with a keyboard and mouse and I recommend that control system over the controller which I tried to play it with earlier.

At the moment I'm playing:

- Underrail: This game has some very unforgiving combat since the enemies don't level with you and since you're like paper to enemies in comparison. I'm getting my ass kicked/rekt by anything that has backup and even some of the human enemies will put you down in one turn. I don't like these ridiculous cooldowns but I'm enjoying stealing people's belongings from(cabinets, boxes, safes, ect) and it's very fun! I finally got ahold of a hacking device from Ezra then went to the private dorms hacking open all the doors, lockpicking anything locked, stole anything that wasn't bolted down, and made off with tons of loot and around 800 SGS credits(which translates to 8,000 which means I can buy tons of stuff now). :D

I'm also playing Underrail at the moment. I had to start the game again after I took a horrible set of skills, and now, on my second run things go far better. I have to admit, because this game is so unforgiving I am playing on easy mode. Kind of embarrassed about that, but during my tries on normal difficulty I couldn't even get past the first quests. I'm probably still doing something wrong, though, because it shouldn't be impossible. Even now on easy mode I often get killed by unexpected stuff. Lots of save spamming going on. Sometimes you just have to get lucky as well (had an encounter in which my enemies missed all their flash bangs and made life a whole lot easier for me).

Anyway, I must say this game is a gem. I love the atmosphere, the combat, the graphics, the many, many, many items and skills, the crafting (which is remarkably intuitive) and the exploring of the world. I've been lost quite a few times already, which is frustrating but really also quite cool and even realistic, I mean, come on, it's an underground world, no looking at the sun or stars for navigation.

So far the game seems pretty linear, though. Not sure if there's some choice and consequence stuff later on in the game, but so far the only thing I've discovered was a little side quest to make a main quest a bit easier, which isn't really all that choicyconsequency at all really. But I guess it doesn't matter all that much, since the game is clearly focussed on combat and exploration, which both feel incredible. There are so many tactics you have to consider during fights and really quite often a well placed trap, well timed flash bangs and shock bolts are the deciding factor during fights. The all guns blazing approach rarely works and if it works, it's because I accidentally trailed off into low-level territories. This might just be because my character isn't a tank build, though. Haven't tried other builds yet, so I can't really say.

So far my favourite game that has been released this year. Although that doesn't say much, or anything really, since it's the only game I've played that has been released this year. Old PC is old.

Also, out of curiosity, what's your build, @MercenarySnake?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back