General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Been playing Space Hulk: Deathwing recently. The map design is gorgeous, just wish there were more locations to crush bugs in. If only the game wasn't dropped by the devs almost immediately with no possibility for community-made content.

Hollow Knight:

Papers Please:

D&D 5e (I know it's not a video game, but I play it on pc through Discord, so whatever).

How are they not getting sued into oblivion by Marvel/Disney for this?

It looks like a great game though. It's a bit odd that there are all these people holed up in their own boarded up rooms; one after another, after another.

People are debating if the PS5 will be five hundred dollars in which case I would probably buy one three years after it comes out. Plus at that point you might as well build a computer.

I won't pay more than 250 for a thing I'll only ever run exclusives and maybe Mortal Kombat on. I got a PS4 with two games for 220 bucks. That wasn't a bad deal. I'm fairly certain you can make a PC of nearly equal power for about 500, probably with a monitor and keyboard and mouse included. Assuming GPU prices aren't still outrageous. I haven't looked recently.

That is what I am thinking because my PS4 had about 15 games total, many of which I could have played on PC. That is about standard for me these days though.

I played through 11 total games on my PS4. One of which was one I already had on PC (bought it really cheap on sale on PSN) and another I could have just bought on PC. So I got 9 games that were at the time PS4/console exclusives and remain to be so far. I also bought Crash N Sane on PS4 instead of Steam actually because well, I'd just rather have it for when I'm on the couch/in bed instead of at my desk. And got the girlfriend Spyro. So a total of 13 games? 9 exclusives, 8 of which were fine to great, one was lacking. Yeah no fucking way is that worth 500 bucks to me. I'd rather upgrade my PC or just nearly build a new one.

FF12: Zodiac Edition is worth playing if you like JRPG's. I love the fast forward button and new class sytem.

Been playing Space Hulk: Deathwing recently. The map design is gorgeous, just wish there were more locations to crush bugs in. If only the game wasn't dropped by the devs almost immediately with no possibility for community-made content.

I bought it just for that. Sadly i quit playing early on because nothing new happening. Still a looker tho.

I don't care if this game sucks or not. It looks cool.

iu

I've played 75 minutes of Half Life: Alyx so far, and I already notice it far exceeds anything else in VR I've played in terms of visual detail. I'm using a Samsung Odyssey Plus and RX 5700, so it runs on ultra settings without a hitch, but I've yet to get into a lot of action, so we'll see. Strange thing is it said my GPU was below minimum requirements when auto-detecting specs at the start. I probably won't get back to it until at least two weeks from now due to convoluted reasons related to being unable to exchange a microsoft store gift card for a steam card due to pandemic restrictions, leaving me no option besides credit card.

Same, DOOM Eternal is definitely one of the best sequels in video games. Also I'm almost done with extra life mode and I have 50 lives on me.

Persona 5 Royal and having a blast.

I have managed to beat it already so now I need to go for ng+ and 2 secret bosses.

I am way more afraid of them than of the final boss in true ending. Oh boy, time to get my butt kicked.

On the plus side, Kasumi is great and twins get more screentime

In the past 2 weeks I beat both RE7 and RE3 Remake, I am currently playing through The Last of Us Remastered and Prey, gonna start Resident Evil 1 HD and SOMA.

These last couple of days I have been playing a lot of old PC dos games I have found on Myabandonia.
Some of these games I have not played in ages while other games I did know about but never touched before.

Games I have been playing:

Serf City/The Settlers 1:

Lemmings:

I played both of the above for the first time on the Amiga

Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe:

I never played the last despite that I am a very big Lucasarts games fans for the simple reason that I am not really into air sims.
The game is described as Arcade-y so that is why I decided to give it another chance.

Epic

Robocop 3 (god that movie was crap but I would not be surprised if it is still better than the remake)

Back