In the future, will Bethesda be capable to...

And by the way, FO1 and FO2 were developed in such a manner that some things existed but were not seen. Like in a book.
FO4 is more like...real life in terms of "universe" that you can see.
I can't remember everything from the old FO's but some cities were shown in text by having more areas, stuff, people than you can see on your screen. Den comes to mind, I think..
And modern games have plenty of things that can be seen, yet not interacted with. GTA is basically nothing but cardboard prop buildings that you cant enter or interact with.

Technology is better, but not so good as to show everything, or let us interact with everything.

And even in games like GTA or Elder Scrolls, which show a lot more, they still don't show everything. There's tons of animals and stuff that would logically exist, yet aren't shown because its not worth the time, or possible processing power, to make them.

Hence why we still haven't seen the supposed squirrels and iguanas that have existed since Fallout 1.

But how does it stop radiation if the Brahmin is irradiated?
Many animals IRL have organs or body chemicals that remove toxins from the body/bloodstream.

Taking a bite into a brahmin and it being radioactive doesn't mean it doesn't have bodily processes to remove radiation from the milk it makes

Last edited:
So GTA is the same, so what? How's that an argument?

Dr Fallout, I was sarcastic. someguy34 keeps on pointing out that Brahmin Milk is the backbone of FO3

Because it shows that modern technology still hasn't removed the need for mass amounts of abstraction that were needed in older games like Fallout 1/2.

Again, try to keep up, I know ghoul brains rot over time, but holy shit.

And by the way, FO1 and FO2 were developed in such a manner that some things existed but were not seen. Like in a book.
FO4 is more like...real life in terms of "universe" that you can see.
I can't remember everything from the old FO's but some cities were shown in text by having more areas, stuff, people than you can see on your screen. Den comes to mind, I think..
And modern games have plenty of things that can be seen, yet not interacted with. GTA is basically nothing but cardboard prop buildings that you cant enter or interact with.

Technology is better, but not so good as to show everything, or let us interact with everything.

And even in games like GTA or Elder Scrolls, which show a lot more, they still don't show everything. There's tons of animals and stuff that would logically exist, yet aren't shown because its not worth the time, or possible processing power, to make them.

Hence why we still haven't seen the supposed squirrels and iguanas that have existed since Fallout 1.

But how does it stop radiation if the Brahmin is irradiated?
Many animals IRL have organs or body chemicals that remove toxins from the body/bloodstream.

Taking a bite into a brahmin and it being radioactive doesn't mean it doesn't have bodily processes to remove radiation from the milk it makes

You know, Brahmin have never been mentioned to have a process that removes radiation, nor have most creatures. If they did then wouldn't people be interested in that info?

I'm not interested in discussing whether or not this part of the lore makes sense becuase I can enjoy the game regardless (the main writing is what is unforgivable in my opinion), but I'd like to point out:

Many animals that are part of the food chain also actively CONCENTRATE environmental toxins in their body tissues. It is termed bioaccumulation​, and it's why we don't eat fish contaminated with mercury.

You know, Brahmin have never been mentioned to have a process that removes radiation, nor have most creatures. If they did then wouldn't people be interested in that info?
Given that 99% of the populace are uneducated farmers, I doubt they even understand the implications of it.

Also, in Fallout 4, one of the BoS scribes asks you to recover blood samples from various wasteland creatures so she can study how they managed to resist and adapt to the effects of radiation, and, after giving her enough blood samples, she develops a new form of rad away which is far more powerful then the normal one.

So.... they kinda did that.

Many animals that are part of the food chain also actively CONCENTRATE environmental toxins in their body tissues. It is termed bioaccumulation​, and it's why we don't eat fish contaminated with mercury.
I am aware, and never implied that didn't happen at all.

That was actually brought up in Fallout 3 IIRC, someone talks about someone trying to eat a fish out of the river, only to die from mercury poisoning.

Given that 99% of the populace are uneducated farmers, I doubt they even understand the implications of it.

Also, in Fallout 4, one of the BoS scribes asks you to recover blood samples from various wasteland creatures so she can study how they managed to resist and adapt to the effects of radiation, and, after giving her enough blood samples, she develops a new form of rad away which is far more powerful then the normal one.

So.... they kinda did that.

I am aware, and never implied that didn't happen at all.

That was actually brought up in Fallout 3 IIRC, someone talks about someone trying to eat a fish out of the river, only to die from mercury poisoning.

Resistance to radiation is one thing, literally taking it out is another. There's a difference. And you're ignoring Vault City (which were quite educated last I heard) and Shady Sands (in Fallout 2) which was the capital of the NCR, and can be guessed to have educated people. Oh and there's the followers of the apocalypse.

Because it shows that modern technology still hasn't removed the need for mass amounts of abstraction that were needed in older games like Fallout 1/2.

Are we talking about GTA? The Action/Adventure, Not-RPG, game series? And for your knowledge, when you create a universe you need to show between many other things what the people in the story eat. If you want to tell a nice story at least. If the universe is the same as in real life, like in GTA. You don't really need to point out in your creation the whole process from start to finish.

Are we talking about GTA? The Action/Adventure, Not-RPG, game series? And for your knowledge, when you create a universe you need to show between many other things what the people in the story eat. If you want to tell a nice story at least. If the universe is the same as in real life, like in GTA. You don't really need to point out in your creation the whole process from start to finish.

Comparing action shooter games with RPGs is real fair.

Comparing action shooter games with RPGs is real fair.

Uh, it's not actually. Not on these issues at least.

How is GTA different from Real Life when it comes to the background of a society?
Anyway, I'm too tired to hear someguys37's bullshit and start dissecting GTA now...

Resistance to radiation is one thing, literally taking it out is another. There's a difference. And you're ignoring Vault City (which were quite educated last I heard) and Shady Sands (in Fallout 2) which was the capital of the NCR, and can be guessed to have educated people. Oh and there's the followers of the apocalypse.
And we learn in New Vegas that the Followers HAVE been trying to find out new medicines using local plants and such that have adapted to radiation.

and the NCR are idiots. According to Hanlon in New Vegas, they have completely failed to manage their damns and water supplies, and have caused all of them to be drained, which is part of the reason they are so expansionist. Yet James and his team on the east coast were able to build a machine that could purify all contaminants from millions of gallons of water daily. The NCR could use a couple of those to remove all the salt from ocean water, but they are so laughably incompetent they haven't seemed to be able to think of such a thing.

It being an action adventure game has zero bearing on what the technology its made with allows it to show. Hence why actual RPGs like the Witcher 3 share the same limitations and inability to show everything that would logically exist.

You are so full of shit, and obviously have zero idea about what you are talking about, its hilarious.

Last edited:
...stop creating stupid and unneeded reasons for the Super Mutants to exist? (except west coast few remnants but not in DC ffs)
- Even the Brotherhood of Steel should fall into that category IMO. Both BOS and SM have long served their purposes and should not be featured like they were.

I'm really under the impression the canon ending for Fallout 4 will go down as the player NOT siding with BoS and likely with a faction against them. If that does come to pass as I expect you should see BoS weaker on the East side.

...Create new, logical and interesting factions/locations?

The mapping in Fallout 4 is just about the best in the series. Only thing it lacks really is bigger NPC settlements. As it is now though the map is huge and is full of interesting areas to explore.

As for factions, it was a step up from Fallout 3's at least. Only thing it lacked was joining a truly Evil faction. Factions in Fallout 4 ranged from: Chaotic Neutral, Neutral, Chaotic Good, Good only unfortunately.

In FO3, at least, you can do some quests that influence the future of some locations. (Of course, it's faaar away from New Vegas/FO1/FO2)
In FO4, from what I've seen, the ending only relates to what faction you've destroyed.

Yeah this is legitimately a huge problem in Fallout 4. I was really bummed by this one myself. I really doubt a "fix" for this will ever come from Bethesda. If it does it'll be DLC and may even only cover the DLC itself. For now all you can really do is imagine what happens from your actions or wait for a mod.

...stop creating stupid and unneeded reasons for the Super Mutants to exist? (except west coast few remnants but not in DC ffs)
- Even the Brotherhood of Steel should fall into that category IMO. Both BOS and SM have long served their purposes and should not be featured like they were.

I'm really under the impression the canon ending for Fallout 4 will go down as the player NOT siding with BoS and likely with a faction against them. If that does come to pass as I expect you should see BoS weaker on the East side.

...Create new, logical and interesting factions/locations?

The mapping in Fallout 4 is just about the best in the series. Only thing it lacks really is bigger NPC settlements. As it is now though the map is huge and is full of interesting areas to explore.

As for factions, it was a step up from Fallout 3's at least. Only thing it lacked was joining a truly Evil faction. Factions in Fallout 4 ranged from: Chaotic Neutral, Neutral, Chaotic Good, Good only unfortunately.

In FO3, at least, you can do some quests that influence the future of some locations. (Of course, it's faaar away from New Vegas/FO1/FO2)
In FO4, from what I've seen, the ending only relates to what faction you've destroyed.

Yeah this is legitimately a huge problem in Fallout 4. I was really bummed by this one myself. I really doubt a "fix" for this will ever come from Bethesda. If it does it'll be DLC and may even only cover the DLC itself. For now all you can really do is imagine what happens from your actions or wait for a mod.

Sure, the map of FO4 is alright. But it's a map that I did feel alone on. From the lack of NPC settlements to the shallow settlements you create and the rest of the map being filled with hostiles, yeah, I feel alone in it.

In New Vegas for example you could find NPC's, locations etc, everywhere.
Powder Gangers, NCR, Novac, Goodsprings, Caesars legion's locations, New Vegas, Boombers, Khans, etc etc. Plus, you could have sided with each of them. Good and bad.

I loved it how the Powder Gangers, a group of RAIDERS could be allied with and how the fiends could be talked with in a limited manner.

looking at it from this point of view?
well...
they must have liked fallout 1 better then fallout 2. specially considering they took the FoT power armor, add some changes, then called it the Advanced Power Armor from fallout 2. which says ALOT.

i very much agree. super mutants cant "bread" as what iv read. Super Mutants where created. and have a very limited number of such. in FoT story. which explains how after the masters death that the super mutants ran for the hills quite literally and thats how FoT started in the mid US. but... the mutants where in the mid section missions of the map. not even close to the east side of the map. there is no way mutants got to the east.
-and the BoS? yes same thing. the time stamps between the games should have the BoS in such numbers as seen in FO4. in FO3 a break off faction that still used the BoS's name (looking at bethesda)... recruited and trained soldiers. and then the Outcasts. the real BoS wanting to go back west. after that i dont really see them in ATLEAST such numbers as seen in FO4. hell i would understand if the ENCLAVE where still doing shady things here and there atleast because theyre the US government remnants. but the BoS was formed WAY on the other side of the continent.
^
===TL;DR=== agree SM are no sense in east. BoS should had fewer numbers. Enclave would have had better excuse to still be lingering atleast.

i agree. when FO3 turned into the hands of the original devs at obsidian... they readded that little "touch" or "feel" to the game that the classics had without loosing its base foundation as a new fallout game.
and THAT is a good answer to people who disagree that FO should always go on and leave behind its roots because of the "new age"... unbelievable people who say there fans.
as a side note. what about Brian Fargo's InXile Entertainment. he scooped up a few of the original devs as well and made InXile. wouldnt mind them throwing it a shot.

know what would be intresting? a "from the past" quest. remember that special encounter i think it was in FO1 and FO2. it was a stone circle in the middle of the desert. go threw it and ur in Vault 13? something like that wouldnt be that original but would give an excuse atleast to MAKE THE MAP BIGGER THEN SKYRIM.

ya apparently they didnt learn about reputation system.

actually i full on agree with you. in Fallout 3 which was Beths first fallout... from there they should have implemented a WHOLE LOT of more RPG into a game that they claim they have been working on sense they released fallout 3... what did they work on? obviously not the RPG check system generator. speech, special, ect checks that can unlock certain chats and certain events like it did in FO2. for example the talk with the Enclave guards at the end of FO2 to help fight Frank.

===
we back pedaled.

I loved it how the Powder Gangers, a group of RAIDERS could be allied with and how the fiends could be talked with in a limited manner.

Huge powder gangers fan here too :D

Yeah they're great guys. First playthrough I killed them all and then learned more about them, which is when I regretted it. Then I played another character who allied with them.

Not a fan of the Powder Gangers to put it mildly but I do like and appreciate the fact that you were able to interact with them and even the Fiends to some extent and that there was more to them then them being more useless and mindless cannon fodder to shot and stab at. With Fallout 4 we didn't even get that with many of the minor or enemy factions. There was no real life or character to them other then that they are generic raiders or thugs attacking you. Its like Fallout 3 and Skyrim all over again.

Back